Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the first time ever I refused to pay the entrance fee

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
QUOTE=Skylar;6522040]Me and my girlfriend paid £40 each plus the booking fee as we picked up plus the bus and train fare = £97 for the Wednesday home game and you turned around at the turnstiles? You must of known the price.

You must have money to burn then, hope your salary provides for you in your old age as you spend your pension funds...:lol:
Good on you if you can afford it though.

Can't afford that every home game and the Wednesday game was a treat but afterwards we decided that was it for this year, might get one more game in before the season ends as we can't afford season tickets.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I did. It was £34, which I though was pricey enough but they jacked an extra £5 onto the POTG price. At this point I said balls to that, which I appreciate was an easy decision given the short distance traveled.

So you went to the pub and had a couple of pints ? Why didn't you use the money you spent on those pints on the extra it would of cost you to get in ?

Not having ago, just trying to understand your logic !

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
So you went to the pub and had a couple of pints ? Why didn't you use the money you spent on those pints on the extra it would of cost you to get in ?

Maybe it's called principle............just saying like.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I generally go to between 5 and 14 game a season (based on the past 15 years) but why should I pay 29 quid into the coffers of a club I despise to watch the Albion?

I realize the once fuel/train costs are taken into account it's still possibly the cheapest game for me, but why pay 39 quid into Leeds coffers for the privilege?

Don't blame you want bit

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Maybe it's called principle............just saying like.
I wouldn't pay that money unless the game was really important. Tonight wasn't. Those prices are a piss take.

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010

No offence taken. I was balking at the 34 quid as finances are tight at the moment, but decided to go as was due to meet a Leeds supporting ex colleague (there's actually some decent ones!) prior to the match, but to be charged an extra 5 quid on the gate was taking the pee, I thought.

I've probably cut of my nose etc but I feel quite pious now! :rolleyes:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Good on you.

If you pay it, Leeds will continue to charge it, simple supply and demand. A few extra quid every season and the problem never stops.

£39 for a football match at this level, on a Tuesday night, is f*cking ridiculous.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010

The man in question would be up £34 by not buying a ticket and that would buy quite a few pints before he reached the extra £5.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Would you mind refusing to pay for the football a bit more frequently, it might be the good omen that led to us winning.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Typical responses from Neanderthal football fans. The same people who blindly pay obscene prices in the name of "loyalty", in their low/middle income jobs, while second tier professional footballers become millionaires for a few hours work a week

But hey ho, this is the Britain in 2014 that you lads want.

Good for you mate

Soooo true. £39 is OBSCENE

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Fair play! The people sayinf you should have just paid it is why tickets are that expensive in the first place 40 notes fo see secend tier football. ****ing joke. When will someone make a stand and price cap away tickets. I wish we as a club would do so.

donnygull

Aug 22, 2009
Doncaster,S. Yorks
As above

POTG was 39 quid.
Easy decision for me as I only came from Shipley - One stop on the train from Leeds. But to pay £39 to another club for second tier football is obsence.

Whilst I feel vindicated by my stand, despite the 2 mile walk back into Leeds by my two mile walk back into Leeds, I can't help but smile at the result!

Come on you super seagulls.

Totally understand where you are coming from. I have heard that all the others Yorkshire clubs reduce tickets for local away fans on a reciprocal basis, but Leeds refuse to join in

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A mere £39 to see the champions of Europe I call that a bargain. It must be hard being a supporter of Leeds as e very hone game must be a category A game due to the mighty Leeds playing every time.

Its not just Leeds believe central blocks if wsl are over £40 for category A games at the Amex.

If you look at the potg price it was only £13 a point.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Fair play! The people sayinf you should have just paid it is why tickets are that expensive in the first place 40 notes fo see secend tier football. ****ing joke. When will someone make a stand and price cap away tickets. I wish we as a club would do so.

I don't think most people are saying he should have just paid it - £39 is an absolute joke - but more like they're saying it's quite an odd thing to do to just turn around at the turnstiles. As for principles - yes well done sir you stuck by them. But those same principles also made you miss a great performance and fairly historic result. One to tell the grandchildren. Not.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I paid on the gate and I must admit, was somewhat miffed to discover it was just shy of forty notes to get in. I did express my astonishment to the ticket seller.

But, looking back, that performance was worth considerably more than £39 for the sheer fun of the night.

So, on balance: I hate that it costs that much, but after a 5hr trip up, I wasn't going to turn around for the sake of a few quid.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Me and my girlfriend paid £40 each plus the booking fee as we picked up plus the bus and train fare = £97 for the Wednesday home game and you turned around at the turnstiles? You must of known the price.

You take your girlfriend to football? You need to sort that out mate! Most blokes go to get away from em for a few hours :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here