For once I agree with Roy Keane

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The interview clarifies why Keane's managerial career has taken a nosedive. He wants the directness and respect Clough achieved but can't do it, only managing to upset and antagonise.

The way in which he spoke to the reporter who's phone was going off showed that he IS a man on the edge.

Keane can't see the bigger picture but, as the photo above showed, Keane himself is part of the reason why football domestically and internationally is f***ed. The referees are attacked from every quarter while the governing bodies do nothing to help.

A replay will only make the referee's lot worse unless it is announced alongside plans to introduce modern technology. If that happened some good would come out of this whole sorry business but, unfortunately, those that govern the sport have no idea.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The interview clarifies why Keane's managerial career has taken a nosedive. He wants the directness and respect Clough achieved but can't do it, only managing to upset and antagonise.

The way in which he spoke to the reporter who's phone was going off showed that he IS a man on the edge.

Keane can't see the bigger picture but, as the photo above showed, Keane himself is part of the reason why football domestically and internationally is f***ed. The referees are attacked from every quarter while the governing bodies do nothing to help.

A replay will only make the referee's lot worse unless it is announced alongside plans to introduce modern technology. If that happened some good would come out of this whole sorry business but, unfortunately, those that govern the sport have no idea.

the same sort of people 'respect' Roy Keane as 'respect' Clarkson. Both bullshitters with very flexible views on right and wrong. 'telling it straight' is not always an admirable quality.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Hmm, wouldn't read too much into that. Big thing with managers at the moment. Strachan started it - check 20 seconds into this:

[YT]rfEV0iO0iCw[/YT]

The scary one with Keane was this. Ridiculous:

[YT]RkissZxl5hA[/YT]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think Keane does tell it straight, I think he's got a massive chip on his shoulder with a warped sense of reality and no sense of the bigger picture. Clarkson, on the other hand, at least carries it off with a bit of charm and bravado.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
At the end of the day he is right about the fact that Ireland didn't defend and they didn't score the chances that came their way. He's right about the Georgia penalty in that Ireland didn't offer to replay that when it was clearly not a penalty.

If the French FA agree to a replay then there should be one but Fifa certainly should not demand one as that will open the floodgates.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If ever there was a man on the 'edge' that is it.:lol:

Got to agree with his sentiments though, but he is clearly insane

Indeed. Can only be a matter of time til the psycho runs AMOK through the streets of Ipswich brandishing a P45 screaming Infamy! Infamy!

Keane's a nutter.

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
Keanes being honest and not blaming other people. hes right, the ball has travelled a long way and the defenders should deal with it but frankly they cant because theyre crap

gonefishing

gonefishing
Oct 26, 2009
haywards heath
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8370327.stm

("France were there for the taking and Ireland didn't do it. Same old story."

The Irishman, who made 65 appearances for the Republic as a player, continued: "If I'd been there in the dressing room after the game, I wouldn't be talking about the handball. I'd focus on why the defenders didn't clear it. They should've cleared it.

"I'd be more annoyed with my defenders and my goalkeeper than Thierry Henry. How can you let the ball bounce in your six-yard box? How can you let Thierry Henry get goal-side of you? If the ball goes into the six-yard box, where the hell is my goalkeeper?

"These are skills and lessons you learn as a schoolboy. "

"Ireland had their chances in the two games and they never took them. They had chances at Croke Park and they had chances on Wednesday.

"They didn't take them, but it's the usual FAI (Football Association of Ireland) reaction - 'we've been robbed, the honesty of the game...' It's rubbish."

)
totally agree games and im irish

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The Irishman, who made 65 appearances for the Republic as a player, continued: "If I'd been there in the dressing room after the game, I wouldn't be talking about the handball. I'd focus on why the defenders didn't clear it. They should've cleared it.
Yeah, if this and if that, fuckoff Roy, you're a f***ing twat.

It's all very well giving it the big 'I am', but best Ireland have ever done was when the twat was kicked out of the squad.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Roy, you're never going to be in an Ireland dressing room after a match because half the country still hates you for being a deserting prick, and you're a mediocre manager at best. Good night.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I've just watched the full interview on the BBC website, and I have to agree with Keane. He's still a horrible fucker, but I admire his stance over the whole sad sack affair.

The constantly crying "foul" and the good old-fashioned Irish sense of having been hard done by against some wicked and powerful enemy is totally boring. Dry your f***ing eyes peeps.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8370497.stm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports