Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For once I agree with Roy Keane

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8370327.stm

("France were there for the taking and Ireland didn't do it. Same old story."

The Irishman, who made 65 appearances for the Republic as a player, continued: "If I'd been there in the dressing room after the game, I wouldn't be talking about the handball. I'd focus on why the defenders didn't clear it. They should've cleared it.

"I'd be more annoyed with my defenders and my goalkeeper than Thierry Henry. How can you let the ball bounce in your six-yard box? How can you let Thierry Henry get goal-side of you? If the ball goes into the six-yard box, where the hell is my goalkeeper?

"These are skills and lessons you learn as a schoolboy. "

"Ireland had their chances in the two games and they never took them. They had chances at Croke Park and they had chances on Wednesday.

"They didn't take them, but it's the usual FAI (Football Association of Ireland) reaction - 'we've been robbed, the honesty of the game...' It's rubbish."

)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
LOL, it would be a brave interviewer who throws comments like that at him Saturday if they lose to a penalty that shouldn't have been awarded.

"But Roy, surely it's down to your forwards for not having wrapped the game up already."

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
LOL, it would be a brave interviewer who throws comments like that at him Saturday if they lose to a penalty that shouldn't have been awarded.

"But Roy, surely it's down to your forwards for not having wrapped the game up already."

I think ref mistakes happen, that's part of the game - they're only human, sometimes you win from it sometimes you lose out. But the Irish players should have defended the shot, not gone straight to an appeal (which is what Roy's saying).

Also, I think that if we think that over the 2 legs it really comes down to that one incident whether they won or lost, then I think we're all kidding ourselves.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
If ever there was a man on the 'edge' that is it.:lol:

Got to agree with his sentiments though, but he is clearly insane

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Roy Keane in "double standards" shocker.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think ref mistakes happen, that's part of the game - they're only human, sometimes you win from it sometimes you lose out. But the Irish players should have defended the shot, not gone straight to an appeal (which is what Roy's saying).

Also, I think that if we think that over the 2 legs it really comes down to that one incident whether they won or lost, then I think we're all kidding ourselves.

This was clearly Roy just explaining how he, along with the rest of the team should have cut out the Boro attack long before Boro even got into the penalty area, because they are the skills you learn as a schoolboy.

article-0-0024C4A000000258-236_468x470.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8370327.stm

("France were there for the taking and Ireland didn't do it. Same old story."

The Irishman, who made 65 appearances for the Republic as a player, continued: "If I'd been there in the dressing room after the game, I wouldn't be talking about the handball. I'd focus on why the defenders didn't clear it. They should've cleared it.

"I'd be more annoyed with my defenders and my goalkeeper than Thierry Henry. How can you let the ball bounce in your six-yard box? How can you let Thierry Henry get goal-side of you? If the ball goes into the six-yard box, where the hell is my goalkeeper?

"These are skills and lessons you learn as a schoolboy. "

"Ireland had their chances in the two games and they never took them. They had chances at Croke Park and they had chances on Wednesday.

"They didn't take them, but it's the usual FAI (Football Association of Ireland) reaction - 'we've been robbed, the honesty of the game...' It's rubbish."

)

I bet Roy has been saying that to his back four quite often this season ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This was clearly Roy just explaining how he, along with the rest of the team should have cut out the Boro attack long before Boro even got into the penalty area, because they are the skills you learn as a schoolboy.

article-0-0024C4A000000258-236_468x470.jpg

:laugh: :lolol:

Keane really is a ****.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Roy Keane - How to make friends and influence your fellow country men!!

:lolol:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Just seen the interview...........Thought he was gonna jump up & start fighting the press.

Scary loon!:tantrum:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So what have we learnt this week..............
Keane is a wanker
McShane is no premiership defender
Pro footballers are quite apt to the odd bit of cheating

oh and the Albion are heading for the play-offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here