Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Footballer jailed for elbow incident

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think the Sussex FA should use this in some positive way. Anyone who has played Sunday morning football knows there are one or two real jerks at large who can spoil what is normally a very enjoyable activity.

Yobs that abuse and assault opponents and referees are not wanted, and maybe they can include this verdict in some kind of campaign. If you assault people on the field, you'll go to prison.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think the Sussex FA should use this in some positive way. Anyone who has played Sunday morning football knows there are one or two real jerks at large who can spoil what is normally a very enjoyable activity.

Yobs that abuse and assault opponents and referees are not wanted, and maybe they can include this verdict in some kind of campaign. If you assault people on the field, you'll go to prison.

It would be nice, however the sussex fa dont even look after the refs

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I know Bob Heald, he's a great guy and a Brighton season ticket holder. The story is not quite as recorded, the offence was off the ball and the guy hit Bob from behind so he didn't have a chance to defend himself. He suffered severe headaches, blackouts and sickness for weeks as a result of this cowardly and vicious attack. We should all be pleased that this animal is off the streets for a while.

The newspaper fails to clarify it was off-the-ball, which does bring some clarity to the decision. Hope he's OK (or as OK as you can be in the situation) now.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Bob's fine now, I seem him most mornings on HH station platform and I've been to the Albion with him this season. I really must stress that this was no heat-of-the-moment, give as good as you get kind of thing that we've all seen on the pitch. This was GBH plain and simple.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Agreed, i've quit Sunday League as i'm fed up of getting up early on a sunday just be threatened, kicked and spat at

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I know Asa and I've had many run in's with him over the years when I worked the "doors" He is a nasty little C**T and I hope he rots in jail. The same Asa Holman tried to stab a copper with a screwdriver outside his own house last year.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
They used to be quite good, they had Most of the Hassocks and Hurst team playing for them at one point I seem to recall.

we are SUPPOSED to be banned from playing sunday league by the management

doesn't stop the fact that half of afc loaf are made up of reserves and third team players

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
we are SUPPOSED to be banned from playing sunday league by the management

doesn't stop the fact that half of afc loaf are made up of reserves and third team players

This was a few years ago now, I played Loaf the other day as well.

Matt Hicks plays for them as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here