Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football Quiz Tag

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I think I may know this. Is it the game where that fella came on for Southampton who falsley claimed he was the cousin of George Weah? I read an article about it recently & There was a certain G.Potter in the line-up.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I think I may know this. Is it the game where that fella came on for Southampton who falsley claimed he was the cousin of George Weah? I read an article about it recently & There was a certain G.Potter in the line-up.

Is the winner. One of the greatest football stories ever. Potter played for Southampton in the famous Ali Dia game. Souness was conned by a phone call allegedly from George Weah, claiming Dia was his cousin and had been playing with him at Paris St Germain. Weah had never heard of him. Dia had in fact played one trial game for Blyth Spartans and was so pony they'd let him go. Dia became an absolute legend for making Souness a laughing stock. The shirt he wore for that game must be worth a fortune.

Over to you [MENTION=4084]Statto[/MENTION]

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Ok, it's a bit of an easy one this. Apologies if it's been done before but here goes..

In our promotion season under Poyet (2010/11) what unusual (but remarkable) feat did we achieve during that season?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Won 8 games in a month (all the games we played). I think it was March. Only equalled by Bristol City I believe.

(Ignore - someone else already said this!)

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I'm off out for a bike ride now so I'll have to say the answer as it looks.like no one will get it.

We scored in every home league game.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not quite. It's also to do with our home league fixtures that season. Something always happened....

We scored in every fixture.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hereford United, Cardiff City and MIllwall were the three teams who kept Albion in fourth and prevented their promotion to Div 2 in which season ?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Hereford United, Cardiff City and MIllwall were the three teams who kept Albion in fourth and prevented their promotion to Div 2 in which season ?

1975/76

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here