Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2015 - The Official Thread

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I will update more later, as i'm at work.

I'm 30 games into my Brighton game. Currently sitting 6th in the middle of a 2 from 5 battle for the final 2 play off spots. It looked like my season was ending when i only took 1 point from 2 teams in the bottom four, but i've taken 6 off of the top 2 in my last 2 games!

I've made very few signings, just a couple of loans.

Out:
Cancelled Gardeners loan.

In:
Jack Grealish - Season Long Loan
Jesse Lingaard - Season Long Loan
Matt Grimes £300k from Exeter - Loaned him to Crewe.

I'm playing a 4-1-2-2-1 formation:

GK: Stockdale - gets a lot of good ratings, but few clean sheets.
RB: Calderon - My POTY so far, high ratings, 13 assists in 25 league games, plus 3 goals!
CB: Greer - Good
CB: Dunk/Hughes - both keep picking up injuries, had to play Ince in there 2/3 times.
LB: Bennett - Reliable
CDM: Holla - playing him as a deep lying play maker, picks up the ball from the keeper, and dictates play. Good.
CM: Crofts/Ince/Toko - My ball winning midfielder. Toko is the best of the 3.
CM: JFC/Grealish - Grealish is Awesome in this role, complete midfielder, supporting attacks.
LW: LuaLua/Lingard - Prefer Lingard.
RW: March/CMS - March is great.
ST: Baldock/Colunga - Both good. Baldock scoring a few!

I've asked Toko to learn the left back role as he has the required stats.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Football Manager Handheld 2015 is released on Thursday 20th November at 00.01 GMT on iOS & Android. :O

Want to know what new features to expect? You're in the right place!

Brand New Match Engine
A completely new and more realistic 2D Match Engine allows you to better analyse your team’s performance on the field to help you make those tough decisions.*

Scouting Agency
A brand new Scouting Agency which allows you to look at, and monitor, a ranked list of the top 50 players within the game both for current ability and future potential.

Rankings and Dynamic League Reputation
New World Rankings, for international teams and national leagues, which will evolve over time based on performances in continental competitions.

More Detailed Club Stats
A Club Stats page dedicated to showing you more detailed seasonal and historical information about all areas of your club.

Manager Achievements Page
A Manager Achievements page so you can track all of your accolades and get a run-down on all trophies, awards and achievements won.

Improved My Club Mode
You can now assign Player Roles to each of your squad members and also save any player from any career and use that player in your My Club squad.

Improved Look and Feel
More improvements to the user interface to make your role as manager easier.

Plus, lots more including; a brand new purchasable in-game editor that allows you to change your game data throughout your career. Want more cash? Want your striker’s stats to be better? Now you can do that and lots more besides.
Look for store links coming when the game is available to download.

*New match engine not available on all devices, some devices might run original match engine as default depending on processing and memory capabilities.

Anyone know what version David Burke is using, as I will stay clear of that one.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I started fresh last night starting with no coaching badges, Sunday league experience, and unemployed.

After a few weeks I was offered the Hyde job in the vanarama north. Good for me as I spend a lot of time in Hyde.

I took over with one week to go before the season started, with the club having no CM's on their books, no transfer money/available wage, and majority of players on 50/60% match fitness. I have a lot of work to do.

First game, against Oxford City did not go well. A 6-3 defeat, hardly surprising when I'm playing a striker and a defender in CM.

With my attributes, every player on the database is completely unknown so takes a lot of scouting to identify transfer targets. And with only one scout this is very time consuming. So plenty of trials were offered. Francis Jeffers being one. His very low Physical attributes putting me off a bit.

Second game, on the tuesday, with no signings arriving yet, I somehow scrapped a 2-1 victory against North Ferriby. But the joy did not last as I received my second 6-3 defeat of the season but with a goal from my only new signing at the time Matteo Capitani. An 18 year old striker released from Derby. Good signing.

Managed to secure 2x CM on loan late last night, hopefully they can make a big difference. Still a very thin squad so a few more loans paying 0% wages are needed.

Hyde are rock bottom of the league in real life, so I certainly have my work cut out.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I managed to sign Michael Essien on a free for Brighton in the first January transfer window, I completely blew my wage budget for him and annoyingly he's been pretty poor so far.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Restarted the game as Whitehawk and having a much better time now. Got 3 decent tactics set up and got promoted to the Conference in my first season as champions. Currently mid-table after a good start, which included a 4-1 win over AFC Wimbledon.

Fully utilising the loan market, mainly from Luton too. I have Peterborough as a parent club, but no players they have available for loan are interested in signing !!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
This is the first FM I have ever struggled with, which is a good thing really as I usually end up losing interest after a few weeks of play when I've found the winning formula.

Thought my Ukrainian lot would walk the league but we were in another relegation scrap.. I'm taking over Dynamo Kyiv until I figure this game out.

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
Second Season seems to have started a bit better than last season for me, a lot of new faces in the squad and think the update has helped with conceding silly goals! resigned Grant Hall after he had a good season loan last year and now have him and Dunky in CB roles. Hoping my strikers start to hit a bit of form this year to push me up into playoffs ! Finding players get very frustrated with lack of first team football quickly, which is part of the reason for a mass overhaul in the summer.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Things did not go well for me at Hyde. Found myself slipping down to the bottom of the table and was beginning to feel the pressure from the media and the board. Scoring goals was not a problem for me. Was scoring, on average, 2 goals a game. But conceding 3/4. I ran before I was pushed.

After about of month of being laughed off by every club I applied to, I landed the Bromley job, who had been under performing and found themselves 18th in the league. I've been tasked with finishing in a respectable position. First task for me was to hire an assistant manager and coach, as we currently didn't have any! Placed an advert, so waiting on applicants. Anyway, I had just 2 days to prepare for my first game, against Basingstoke.

Took the 3 points with a 4-3 win, and followed it up with a 2-0 victory. Loving this game!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Things did not go well for me at Hyde. Found myself slipping down to the bottom of the table and was beginning to feel the pressure from the media and the board. Scoring goals was not a problem for me. Was scoring, on average, 2 goals a game. But conceding 3/4. I ran before I was pushed.

After about of month of being laughed off by every club I applied to, I landed the Bromley job, who had been under performing and found themselves 18th in the league. I've been tasked with finishing in a respectable position. First task for me was to hire an assistant manager and coach, as we currently didn't have any! Placed an advert, so waiting on applicants. Anyway, I had just 2 days to prepare for my first game, against Basingstoke.

Took the 3 points with a 4-3 win, and followed it up with a 2-0 victory. Loving this game!

Sounds like you're having a bit of a journey!

I'm always tempted to start unemployed and see where I end up but I usually end up being drawn back to my long running Albion games.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Sounds like you're having a bit of a journey!

I'm always tempted to start unemployed and see where I end up but I usually end up being drawn back to my long running Albion games.

Yep, that was my intention. Ultimate aim is to get the the premier league, by any means! That could take a very long time!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
SI have just released a new hotfix.

http://www.footballmanager.com/news/hotfix-update-1514-released

A new hotfix update for FM15 is now available to download on Steam.

To download the update, simply save your current game, quit FM, then quit and restart Steam. Then launch the game as normal and this should start your update automatically.

The update includes fixes for the following issues:

PERFORMANCE

Optimised save game speeds
Fixed game launch issues linked to local user permissions
Fixed rare crash on continue
MATCH ENGINE

Improved defensive reactions to crosses and corners
Tweaked wide defending of wingers
Improved goalkeeper reaction times after an initial save
Various other goalkeeper improvements
Fixed further instances of own goals being awarded incorrectly
Fixed further instances of players not being given offside when collecting rebounds
Fixed rare instances of U18 teams starting match with only a goalkeeper, resulting in high scorelines
Fixed problem where AI teams would sub many of their players off the pitch without replacements, resulting in high scorelines
DATA & COMPETITIONS

Fixed Greek Superleague scheduling
Martin Ødegaard added to new games
Added licensed kits for MLS expansion teams
USER INTERFACE

Added player Role & Duty to pitch on tactics screen

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm a bit in love with Luc Castaignos :love:

Signed the 22-year-old for £8.5m ahead of the 15-16 season to lead the line in the Premier League.

He currently has 17 goals in 16 games (14 in 14 in the league); if only the rest of my team was as reliable. I'm just utterly relieved that he signed a contract without any kind of release clause to CL clubs because they'll definitely be sniffing around at the end of the year; for someone young and proving himself in the top flight, I'll reluctantly aim for £35m+

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Just reaching the climax of my first season with Dynamo Kyiv. We've lost 3 games in all competition, I just signed a contract that runs to 2017 yet i'm still second favourite in 'the sack race'..

5 games to go in the league and we are joint top with Metalist, ahead of them by 6 goals at the moment and we still have to play them. With a Europa League quarter final against Inter and a two-legged Ukrainian Cup quarter-final against Olimpic Donetsk still to play we are literally playing every two days now. Absolute nightmare.

Andriy Yarmolenko is a don, signed him to a 5 year deal as soon as i got there but Man City, Spurs and United scouts have been all over him all season. I'm not taking any less than 35 million.

Great signings so far have been Gaston Gil Romero and Samuel Umtiti, two relatively cheap wonderkids who will be £50 million players in a few years time. Also somehow convinced 18-year old Gabriel Barbosa to join for 11 million from Santos in January and he is just insane for his age, he should be the leading striker in the world within 5 years. Somehow blagged Zakaria Bakkali from PSV at the end of the season on a free despite him being offered deals at City, AC Milan and Juventus. If i can keep this squad together for 3 or 4 years things will be looking very good for my plans of European domination

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm now into my second full season with Jerv, following our glorious, last day of the season, promotion to the Norwegian First Division.

I've kept a largely unchanged squad and, thus far, am sitting comfortably in mid-table well away from the relegation zone.

I've also been turned down for the Plymouth and Stevenage jobs due to their inability to pay the compensation for me. I would have resigned but fear that it would have cancelled my coaching badge...oh, I was also briefly in charge of the Tunisia national team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here