Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2015 - The Official Thread

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
How on EARTH did you get him?

I tried based on your recommendation, but missed out due to competing bids from Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, PSG, AC Milan, Inter, Juventus, Porto, Benfica, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and Real Madrid. :down:

Offered him 12k a week. Plus a hefty sign-on fee and a 15% yearly wage rise. Yeah. I wanted him.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I also signed Onyewu but he was woeful for me. When he wasn't injured he was continually making mistakes leading to a conceded goal.

Did get 4 assists with his long throws though!

His 9 concentration and 9 composure were a bit of a worry when I signed him, hopefully I'll only have to use him as back-up. Had a feeling he was going to be one of those calamity players!

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
His 9 concentration and 9 composure were a bit of a worry when I signed him, hopefully I'll only have to use him as back-up. Had a feeling he was going to be one of those calamity players!

Yeah I was dazzled by his physical stats and didn't check the mental side! Dunk and Greer have been class for me so thankfully didn't have to rely on him too much.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I hate this game. :down:

Nice pre-season, tactics and new players settled nicely...and then the season started.

Got absolutely humped (4-2) away to 'Boro in the first league game, and then contrived to bugger up a 3-0 lead to lose 4-3 to Northampton AET in the COCup. I also have Baldock, Solly, Kaz, CMS and Gardner out injured.

Picking up a bit now. :thumbsup:

Nicked a last minute 1-1 draw away to Forest via an OG, then followed it up with wins away at Derby (3-2 with goals from Colunga, Antolic and Teixeira) and then a 4-1 battering of Rotherham at the Amex (Grealish x2, Holla, CMS) to lift me up to 7th in the table.

Signings wise, I found a nice little bargain while failing to get Coric in the shape of 24-year-old Domagoj Antolic, also of Dinamo. He can play CM, as well as anywhere across attacking midfield, and I nabbed him for 325k. Thus far he's made 4 appearances at an average of 7.45 and has one goal, one assist and one MOM award to his name. :thumbsup:

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Another one to get rid of Jones and Burke here too. I do think it's a little unrealistic that the manager can get rid of the DOF though. I'm assuming you don't actually have to hire a new one?

I'm going to be looking for an assistant manager with a high 'tactical knowledge' rating. Seeing as I use him to set opposition tactics.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Am I the only one to not start as Albion manager?

nope - me too, I'm starting with sunday league exp and no qualifications, and started out with with Nybergsund in the Norwegian 3rd tier

came 2nd in my first season (only 1st place gets promoted) and currently 1 point off the top after 5 in the second season. Took me a year to be able to even start working my way to my first level of coaching badges

only thing of interest, seeing as nobody will know any of the players in that division, is that my u19s manager is michael ballack, and i have nigel winterburn in as a coach - all on non-paying amateur contracts of course

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
nope - me too, I'm starting with sunday league exp and no qualifications, and started out with with Nybergsund in the Norwegian 3rd tier

came 2nd in my first season (only 1st place gets promoted) and currently 1 point off the top after 5 in the second season. Took me a year to be able to even start working my way to my first level of coaching badges
Good man, I've done the same and gone for a lowly start (including Norwegian leagues, great fun) with Macclesfield.

Admittedly, it's higher than I normally begin but I thought it might be fun.

They seem very reluctant to let me go on a coaching course, yet, they agree to send my first team coach (Jamie Redknapp) on one straight away. I feel so unloved.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

only thing of interest, seeing as nobody will know any of the players in that division, is that my u19s manager is michael ballack, and i have nigel winterburn in as a coach - all on non-paying amateur contracts of course

That is, of course, the best way to play the game. I think once I'm bored of managing Brighton, I will start a new game unemployed with no coaching badges or experience. Take a job in the conference north/south and just see how far i can take my 'career'

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'll be starting a new game soon(ish). I usually take control of Brighton so I can get used to the new features etc. Best way to do that is with a squad you're familiar with.

Last time round I had some success with Vidar FK in the Norwegian 2nd division. Got them promoted after five years. Then my save corrupted. The air has never been bluer.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Glad it's not just me that has had an uninspired start to life at Brighton.

After eight games I'm in 18th with eight points. Not holding my breath about getting anything away at Forest in my next game

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Always start with a non league team and drive them up the divisions with you before I feel confident enough to take on the Albion. So am at Gainsborough Trinity, one of the oldest member sod th football league bbut out of professional football since WWI. Ima going to take them to Europe!!!

Season 1.... landed Jamie Carragher as assman hahahahaha... 3rd at Xmas having made the FA cup 1st round and still in Trophy and making a profit!!!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Of course it could all go to hell now as there is a new update :O

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I've just reached this date in the game, and I'm in exactly the same league position as real life, but with one point more and a worse goal difference. I do, however, seem to have lost a large chunk of the dressing room; Dale Stephens, Solly March and Kazenga Lualua have all demanded to know what I plan to do to fix the situation, and none of them have accepted my response as being good enough. They can jog on.

I fear my days are well and truly numbered.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I've just reached this date in the game, and I'm in exactly the same league position as real life, but with one point more and a worse goal difference. I do, however, seem to have lost a large chunk of the dressing room; Dale Stephens, Solly March and Kazenga Lualua have all demanded to know what I plan to do to fix the situation, and none of them have accepted my response as being good enough. They can jog on.

So in short your saying, it is very realistic........

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I've just played the Norwich game and the 0-0 draw has left me......one point clear at the top of the league. Bam!

The update they've released has gone a long way to stopping the defensive issues in the match engine as well.

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The update they've released has gone a long way to stopping the defensive issues in the match engine as well.

Is that today's hotfix? Damn, I was already playing when it was released earlier and couldn't be bothered to quit and reload FM/Steam

Bloom has told me I need nine points from the next five games; Millwall (h), Wolves (a), Reading (h), Fulham (a) and Charlton (a). Dead man walking.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Is that today's hotfix? Damn, I was already playing when it was released earlier and couldn't be bothered to quit and reload FM/Steam

Yeah, that's the one. The keepers are much more likely to come for crosses, quicker to react when they've palmed a shot away and defender seem to be capable of defending the near post now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here