Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Tonight

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Who cares?

At first I am nodding my head with you in agreement. Gradually I thought well yes, I DO care. I care about people doing their jobs accurately and efficiently. Don't care what the job is, if you are no good at it. Away you go. Any career you care to name the same should apply.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
At first I am nodding my head with you in agreement. Gradually I thought well yes, I DO care. I care about people doing their jobs accurately and efficiently. Don't care what the job is, if you are no good at it. Away you go. Any career you care to name the same should apply.

Having been to the match and still on a massive high six hours later, I'm surprised that some people (not you) are looking to find something to moan about.

We won, we are now second, if we win our remaining matches we will be promoted, today was a great day to be at Franchise FC and to be an Albion fan.

A journalist, rushing to get their copy in before the 5pm deadline to HQ, made a minor error in a match report. That's all.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A journalist, rushing to get their copy in before the 5pm deadline to HQ, made a minor error in a match report. That's all.
Eh? What are you referring to? Because that's clearly not all.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Having been to the match and still on a massive high six hours later, I'm surprised that some people (not you) are looking to find something to moan about.

We won, we are now second, if we win our remaining matches we will be promoted, today was a great day to be at Franchise FC and to be an Albion fan.

Enjoy your High. It was, still is a great day. Was being a little pedantic not geriatric! :)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Obviously plenty care, it could have cost us two points from bad officiating. Even Warren was saying the lino was biased and out to get franchise a point. As for our coverage, remember, we are second, auto spot, ahead of the money bags around us and all they focus on is the 2 mins it took for the pen to be taken, and yes people care that we are not getting a fair press. What about talking about the teams at the top and including us in it, instead of some bullshit penalty incident. No quote from the BHA management just the fat scouser bemoaning everything in order to save his arse when he gets relegated. Seriously poor show. I watched for about 3 mins and turned over. Bunch of halfwits.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think the only 'Tv' I've seen recently give Brighton any credit was Tony Gale on Sky last Tuesday night...talked a lot of sense

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I don't generally watch either, but I wanted to see their penalty as it was so controversial (no way our players all complained like that if it was a legitimate penalty) and also our third goal (which they didn't mention).

i wanted to see the "offside " goal we scored , totally irrelevant as far as chan 5 concerned...
what a load of old tosh !

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I quite enjoy our anonymity. We're a bit like the Championship version of West Ham. No-one talks about West Ham EVER and they're 5th!

And in the bad old days of TVS and BBC South, Brighton fans in West Sussex would have to wait for us to come on after the obligatory Saints and Pompey love-in and then highlights from as far afield as Bournemouth and Oxford whereas the East Sussex Albion fans would have to put up with having to hear about Gillingham and the Albion would rarely ever get a mention*.

*might not be true. Beer and old age has dimmed the memory.

Worth remembering the presenters took our side in saying the injury time pen at Derby wasn't a pen and they even held a viewers' poll to back that up.

Anyway, the important thing is we didn't relive that nightmare.

I think Robinson tends to suck up to journalists a lot so many do tend to go with the plucky brave little MK line

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I quite enjoy our anonymity. We're a bit like the Championship version of West Ham. No-one talks about West Ham EVER and they're 5th!

And in the bad old days of TVS and BBC South, Brighton fans in West Sussex would have to wait for us to come on after the obligatory Saints and Pompey love-in and then highlights from as far afield as Bournemouth and Oxford whereas the East Sussex Albion fans would have to put up with having to hear about Gillingham and the Albion would rarely ever get a mention*.

*might not be true. Beer and old age has dimmed the memory.

no, you are spot-on ol fella !

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It was mentioned that our game was a featured Game last night, but that was clearly bollocks.

The bare minimum highlights from a single camera way up in the gantry and the only discussion point was how long it took to take the penalty. Sake

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't we get good coverage when we lose though ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here