Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League awards: top 15 players

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
The fact that Stephens and Dunk have been our 4th/5th best players at the absolute most and the only 2 to get on there is ridiculous. Kayal, Bruno, Stockdale our best 3 then you have Knockaert, Rosenior, Hemed, Goldson etc.

Is it a 'fact'? Or an opinion?

Not many managers saw Knockaert, Rosenior and Goldson play (at least not twice), so voting for them wouldn't have been obvious. And Hemed, for a forward, was hopelessly out of form for a while, not scoring for about 10 matches.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Does it really matter? The reason why we've been so good this season is the way that we've played as a TEAM rather than having a couple of star individuals making the headlines.

I know I agree but dunk and Stephens our best 2? Don't think so

strangersam

Dec 20, 2015
The fact that dunk and Stephens have been picked over kayal and Bruno just shows how meaningless these awards are

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stephens carried Kayal at the start of the season, and he was scoring. Kayal was maddeningly sloppy and dithery at times.

It's obvious the midfield severely suffered with the absence of either of them, but Kayal was - in comparison to Stephens at least - not quite there. In comparison to most of the rest of the division, he was still way up there of course.

It's Stephens who the fellow professionals have noticed. Pity not so many of the fans have.

In your opinion, only. I think you'll find that a lot of people couldn't possibly agree that Kayal was "not quite there", compared to anyone. Quite honestly, I can't believe anyone who watched the games doesn't think Kayal was outstanding at the start of the season. Maybe it's more a commentary on your memory, but whatever it is, we couldn't disagree more.

Nobody is criticising Stephens, the man has been fantastic but I suspect he gets more recognition for scoring goals in televised matches. For me, Kayal has been THE difference for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here