shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
And last, but not least, as expected; Andre Gray at #1

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
See it this way ... if the MANAGERS of this league can't see how good Kayal is, we have a very good chance of keeping him.
to be fair it's not Championship clubs you'd be worried about signing him

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I'm not surprised Stephens has hit the top 15.

While Stephens had a bit of a slump in form mid-season, it took ages for Kayal to get going, and Stephens was the dominant player in the partnership for the first half of the season. It's the past 12-18 or so games that Kayal has been motoring - and the player most in form.

Don't forget, this is opposing managers with this opinion, and they've obviously seen that Stephens is a very tricky person to play against. It's interesting that Calde voted Stephens his Player of the Season too. There's evidently something professionals see in his game that makes them take note.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
That said - Forestieri is a diving cheat, so how he got to No.5, I don't know.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
FB_IMG_1461243126120.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As The Rock said, it doesn't matter. Kayal is the best midfield player in the Championship. He doesn't need an award to prove it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm not surprised Stephens has hit the top 15.

While Stephens had a bit of a slump in form mid-season, it took ages for Kayal to get going, and Stephens was the dominant player in the partnership for the first half of the season. It's the past 12-18 or so games that Kayal has been motoring - and the player most in form.

Don't forget, this is opposing managers with this opinion, and they've obviously seen that Stephens is a very tricky person to play against. It's interesting that Calde voted Stephens his Player of the Season too. There's evidently something professionals see in his game that makes them take note.

I don't agree with that at all. The first half of the season Kayal was partly carrying the team with his outrageously brilliant performances every week. He was the difference for us, I'm not underrating Stephens who has been class for us from the very start but Kayal is in a different league in terms of ability and quality. They make a perfect pairing in a 2, I'm sure they'd both speak very highly of each other, but for me there's no question that Kayal is the better player and better than most of the players in the "top 15" list.

Andre Gray is a very good goalscorer but I'm not convinced he's a better footballer than Knockaert/Forestieri/McCormack etc who are all technically very very good.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
How the **** does Joey Barton keep getting in these lists? I assume because everyone is scared of him because it can't be down to his ability.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Do you remeber how at the begining of the season, when Derby were interested in Dale Stephens, their fans had, either not heard of him, or though he might make a reasonable back up to their other midfielders? Well how many Derby players are in there? Funny old world.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I may only have been to one game this season - Brum away - but in that one at least Stephens was head and shoulders better than Kayal.

They're all great really

They're both top players at this level, and have both had games where they've pulled everything together. Their partnership is quality, very difficult to play against two combative but classy midfielders who get all around the pitch. Their understanding has allowed us to play most of the season with two up front and Stephens has chipped in with some very important goals. Kayal is less of a goal threat but he's had a couple and he's set up a few as well.

It's like having Armstrong and Minton back together again. :thumbsup:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I don't agree with that at all. The first half of the season Kayal was partly carrying the team with his outrageously brilliant performances every week. He was the difference for us, I'm not underrating Stephens who has been class for us from the very start but Kayal is in a different league in terms of ability and quality. They make a perfect pairing in a 2, I'm sure they'd both speak very highly of each other, but for me there's no question that Kayal is the better player and better than most of the players in the "top 15" list.

Andre Gray is a very good goalscorer but I'm not convinced he's a better footballer than Knockaert/Forestieri/McCormack etc who are all technically very very good.

Stephens carried Kayal at the start of the season, and he was scoring. Kayal was maddeningly sloppy and dithery at times.

It's obvious the midfield severely suffered with the absence of either of them, but Kayal was - in comparison to Stephens at least - not quite there. In comparison to most of the rest of the division, he was still way up there of course.

It's Stephens who the fellow professionals have noticed. Pity not so many of the fans have.

el punal

The fact that Stephens and Dunk have been our 4th/5th best players at the absolute most and the only 2 to get on there is ridiculous. Kayal, Bruno, Stockdale our best 3 then you have Knockaert, Rosenior, Hemed, Goldson etc.

Does it really matter? The reason why we've been so good this season is the way that we've played as a TEAM rather than having a couple of star individuals making the headlines.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here