Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football dreams: The academy (warning, contains distressing scenes involving the scum)

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
On C4 at 21.00 tonight, might have to take the blue and white specs off but I should imagine it’s very much like all cat 1 academy’s are run. Hopefully quite interesting and a good insight as to what makes an elite football player.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I have been watching the Sky documentary One Shot: The Football Factory.

Quite enlightening and interesting insight into all the kids trying to make it as pro footballers.

Harsh business.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
On C4 at 21.00 tonight, might have to take the blue and white specs off but I should imagine it’s very much like all cat 1 academy’s are run. Hopefully quite interesting and a good insight as to what makes an elite football player.

Thanks for sharing.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

It'll no doubt be highly distressing to see some talented young players condemned to the scrapheap.

And the ones that Palace release probably won't have it easy too.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Many threads posted on this forum have nothing to do with BHA. :moo:

This is a thread started by a Palace fan telling us we should watch Palace. You reckon if I went on any of their forums and suggested that they watch the thing about Bloom on Sky to see how a football club should be run properly I wouldn’t get told to **** off?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This is a thread started by a Palace fan telling us we should watch Palace. You reckon if I went on any of their forums and suggested that they watch the thing about Bloom on Sky to see how a football club should be run properly I wouldn’t get told to **** off?

Twenty minutes after the start but hopefully there's a good warning in the thread title now :wink:

Anyway, I'm watching Sleb Masterchef on catch up.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

He hasn’t told us to watch it, just mentioned the tv program is on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Confession time, I actually enjoyed watching it. The U13s coach is very good, the way he encourages the lads even when he’s pointing out where they’re not keeping up.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Confession time, I actually enjoyed watching it. The U13s coach is very good, the way he encourages the lads even when he’s pointing out where they’re not keeping up.

Yes he is very good at his job.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Very good watch, and a good insight into what goes on in a top academy.
As been mentioned, the under 12 coach comes across really well, and the young players seem to have a bond with him.
Love the little full back, seems to be very level headed,
Looking forward to see how much talent we have in the different age groups.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here