Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Foo Fighters to play Brighton

dave-grohl-coffee.gif

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Popped down outside for a bit and caught Learn To Fly and a couple others. From outside the venue at the right angle you can see all the way in and to the stage, was surreal seeing Dave Grohl in the distance at such a venue.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I saw so many pictures on facebook of people at the gig. It was just a sea of people holding up their iPhones to prove they were there. Very sad. Put the damn phone down and start dancing!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I saw so many pictures on facebook of people at the gig. It was just a sea of people holding up their iPhones to prove they were there. Very sad. Put the damn phone down and start dancing!

The videos they all take with their phones are always so GOOD too, aren't they?

Take a couple of photos if you like, then put your phone away and enjoy the performance. Some of these folk must almost NEED their shit video to remind themselves that they actually WERE there, because they've mostly missed it all first time.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
More people dancing outside. I was in line with the front door and could see the stage clearly, probably a lot closer than at a stadium gig. Won't matter in a couple of years when a Worthing band obliterate them!

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester

I don't mind people taking their phones out and taking one or two snaps, it's the people who watch the gig through their iphone screens that piss me off.

Anyway, here's mine, right on the barrier!

image.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Great work Mr Smggles. It'll be years and years before those Fudge Fighters fans who failed to get a ticket will recover from this one, as anyone familiar with the old 'scream in the head' will know:

2019: Fudge Fighter fan sitting on a train on the way to work and suddenly: 'Arrrrrgh that secret Hot Shits gig I missed out on in 2014'' drops into the head from nowhere.

2026: Fudge Fighter fan on a cruise round the Norwegian Fjords and suddenly: 'Arrrrrrrgh that secret..... etc.

:wink:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I don't mind people taking their phones out and taking one or two snaps, it's the people who watch the gig through their iphone screens that piss me off.

Anyway, here's mine, right on the barrier!

View attachment 58453

I've heard people boast of being able to play guitar standing on their heads...seems he actually can! :wink:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Couple of mine. There were people filming the whole thing through their phones though, which was chuffing annoying.

10665758_10152250714777245_4678542181042299181_n.jpg

10678790_10152250714862245_2382399019554506765_n.jpg

Not as annoying as the coked-up cretins I was next to at the start of the gig who just kept shouting "hello Dave" every 10 seconds, whilst kicking and punching everyone around them.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The videos they all take with their phones are always so GOOD too, aren't they?

Take a couple of photos if you like, then put your phone away and enjoy the performance. Some of these folk must almost NEED their shit video to remind themselves that they actually WERE there, because they've mostly missed it all first time.

Bear with me here please I was with my teenage daughters but when I went to Maroon 5 some bloke literally filmed the whole thing with his ipad. I mean the whole thing. Ridiculous.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
My mate went down and enjoyed it from the outside last night - said the set they played was incredible. The second time they've played the C2, apparently it was just as good as the last time.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Fair play if folks got tickets and enjoyed it. I have never understood the fuss over this band. Dull as ditchwater IMO. Most people that went seem to have watched it on their phones.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fair play if folks got tickets and enjoyed it. I have never understood the fuss over this band. Dull as ditchwater IMO. Most people that went seem to have watched it on their phones.

Why don't you tell everyone, just one more time, what you think of the foo fighters!? :lolol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Why don't you tell everyone, just one more time, what you think of the foo fighters!? :lolol:

Okay, I think they are the musical equivalent of Lynx shower gel and the idea of scrabbling around on the internet trying to get tickets for them like Gazza running to a car accident to see grab the last liver let alone actually going and standing outside the venue because you couldn't get a ticket is all rather sad.

Shit as they are though, if you like them, I hope you enjoyed it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Okay, I think they are the musical equivalent of Lynx shower gel and the idea of scrabbling around on the internet trying to get tickets for them like Gazza running to a car accident to see grab the last liver let alone actually going and standing outside the venue because you couldn't get a ticket is all rather sad.

Ha I didn't go, I was tempted to cycle down there to get a taste of it all, but ended up working while watching an old series of 24 on Netflix - now that is sad!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I was in Brighton anyway and often go for a seaside stroll with the missus after a meal. Wouldn't go down specially, but it was interesting to see.

I ALMOST like the Foo Fighters. I want to like them. I feel like they want to be a LOT heavier than they are, and they can never be heavy, thanks to their cheesy bass player who is as rock and roll as my cat, Pushkin. Queens of the Stoneage is their cooler, better older brother.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If I lived locally I would have gone down to listen outside but as I live too far away for it to be worthwhile I didn't. I love the Foos and their live shows are always brilliant. They are at home in a small venue like the C2 or at Wembley Stadium, They just play bloody good rock music, they are nice guys and enjoy what they do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here