FM 2008 Hints & Tips

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Why the f*** are there so many DISALLOWED goals? I have just completed my first season with Doncaster, finishing 7th (2 points outside the play-offs), and I reckon I must have had about 20 goals disallowed over the course of the season. At one point, it was ridiculous, because I was scoring more disallowed goals than proper goals! Even in the second season, when I find myself top after nine games, it's cropping up. What's that all about?

I'm not sure if this is true or not, maybe Steve could clarify it. But the emergency patch, sorts it out.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I'm not sure if this is true or not, maybe Steve could clarify it. But the emergency patch, sorts it out.

Still loads on the Emergency patch, and every disallowed goal is always followed up by players who are furious at the referee, even if the player is clearly offside.

I really do think SI should really have delayed the game by a month so they can actually filter out these glitches.

I had a problem with my game where on the 5th of December 2009 the game will always crash on that date and looked on the SI forums and found that loads of other people had the same problem with the exactly the same date (the emergency patch fixes this also)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The disallowed goals bug was down to your players fouling in the opposition area from corners too much. That's fixed in the BETA patch that's already out.

The Official Patch 'should' be out early next week. I'll post the link on here when it is.

jackcrow

Dec 19, 2011
In the first season and finished 2nd ... I just recovering deciding spash on the 36-year-old grams of cash because, after the start of the season, a shocking. Class. Unfortunately, I have no money to spend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports