Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FM 2008 Hints & Tips

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Playing as Brighton...

Load the French League 2 as Playable

As we're linked to Le Harve you can sign some decent players from them.

I quite like the look of Benjamin Laurant, Jean-Pascal Fontaine and Olivier Davidas.

Load Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland

I've found that when I'm looking for affiliate clubs that clubs from these nations often get suggested.

You'll only get much benefit from these links if the leagues are running (so their teams have players you can poach! Or their leagues are actually active so that when you send your players out on loan they actually play competitive games.)

Feel free to add your own..

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Use the/an (is there an official one with this year's game as there has been in the last couple of years?) editor to give them £2,000,000,000 and a massive stadium.

What do you mean that's not in the spirit of the game?

:jester:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Use the/an (is there an official one with this year's game as there has been in the last couple of years?) editor to give them £2,000,000,000 and a massive stadium.

What do you mean that's not in the spirit of the game?

:jester:

Please explain more .... was this a cheat in FM2007?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Please explain more .... was this a cheat in FM2007?

Not a cheat, per se.

Of course, it's not something that I have ever done or would ever condone doing ever, but as I understand it, one could simply use the Editor that comes with the game (you can find it in the folder where the game is installed, apparently) to change the amount of money that a team starts with, the capacity of their stadium, their status within the game (ie: make the game see them as a club comparable in size to Man U/Barcelona etc... therefore meaning they can attract better players).

If a person wanted to, they could even change the club at which a player starts, so that for example (hypothetically, obviously) Brighton could start in League One with a strike force of Thierry Henry and Wayne Rooney.

Again, I would like to make clear that I have never ever ever actually done this myself.

I promise.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Finished 2nd in the first season...i'm just recovering after a SHOCKING start to this season, after decidiing to spash the cash (free trasfer, £2600 wages) on 36 year old Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. Class. Unfortanately, i was given NO money to spend!

As for tips...i've fluked my way through the first season with a 442 counter attacking tactic - but i would suggest that you find a player to take set pieces, as after i made O'callaghan do that the amount i scored from free kicks and corners must have doubled

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
malcolm christie on a free - top bombing!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone got any ideas on who to be other then brighton? I cant get hooked on this yrs...

go for the old start game unemployed route - then its pot lock which team you get to start off at

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
Half-way through november and top of the league by 6 points! Malcolm Christie is banging them in as is Jake Robinson! 22 between them. Knocked out of the carling cup to plymouth on pens and out to swindon in the jtp.

Wigan have bid 1.2m for Dean Cox. Signed Nabil El Zhar for 20k from liverpool and that Polish keeper for 12k. Signing of the season so far for me is Jean-karl Pierre Fanfan on a free transfer. Also got Jody Morris on a freebie and has got 8 bookings already. El-Abd is also a full Eyption international

Best result is the 4-0 win against Leeds at elland road! Team is (playing a 4-4-2)

GK: Kuipers

RB: Hinshelwood
CB: Pierre-Fanfan
CB: Lynch
LB: Rents

RM: El Zhar
CM: O'Challanhan
CM: Hammond
LM: Cox

ST: Robinson
ST: Christie

Subs

Polish keeper
Elphick/ El-Abd
Morris/Reid/Fraser
Martot/Savage/Casal
Forster/Revell/Elder

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I beat Crystal Palace at Withdean in the first round of the League Cup. Nicky Forster in injury time!

I've signed a wicked left back from Le Havre called Baca. Currently 2nd in League 1 after about 5 games. 4 wins and 1 defeat. Alex Revell has been on fire with 5 goals so far. I only played him because the others weren't quite fit enough and he hasn't stopped scoring!

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
First season over. 7th place, 1 point of the play-offs. got to the 4th round of the fa cup but lost 4-2 to hull after beating blackpool 3-1 in the 3rd round.

3 players signed on pre-contract agrements and think thats my signings done for the season. going to give myself nothing to spend but up the wage budget for some free transfers if i do sign anyone else.

Jake Robinson finished top scorer with 25 goals! Malcolm Christie got 24 23 in the league. Will be hard to keep hold of Dean Cox as there is a growing premership interest!

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
First game of the new season just aroudn the corner. 5 players signed so far (all free transfers):

Jeroen Van Der Broeck - Rangers
Johnny Taylor - Hearts
Saulis Mikoliunas - FBK Kaunas
Jordan Collins - Aston Villa
Ricardo Fernandes - Chelsea

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
does the closing down option actually make any difference?! min e is set of often, yet the player still seem to enjoy running away from the ball

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
does the closing down option actually make any difference?! min e is set of often, yet the player still seem to enjoy running away from the ball

Have you downloaded the emergency patch mentioned elsewhere on this board?

What you say is a known bug with the game according to the official SI forums, which said patch will fix. :thumbsup:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Have you downloaded the emergency patch mentioned elsewhere on this board?

What you say is a known bug with the game according to the official SI forums, which said patch will fix. :thumbsup:

no i havent - cheers STEVE :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here