Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Florida I-Drive

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
To start with i'm sorry... i know this has been done numerous times before...

Me and the Mrs are off to I-Drive florida in june for the anniversary. This is our 4th year there so we've done all the parks.

My big question to NSC is... Are we missing anything? Are there any hidden jewels we haven't been to??

We don't drive out there so it has to be close to I-Drive.Any hidden gems or good golf courses would be much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have you done Busch Gardens?

I ask because you say you've done 'all the parks' but not being a driver there's a chance you've not made it down to Tampa. If you haven't been - go - it's well worth it. They have started a free coach service to/from Orlando to Busch now too.

Wizarding World of Harry Potter will be new in Islands of Adventure by the time you're there too.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Can highly recommend Busch Gardens - Sheikra is actually awesome.

If you can drag yourself away from the parks, Sarasota is a lovely town and the beaches on that coast are staggering. Kayaking in the mangroves with a marine biologist from the Marine Research Centre is memorable.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am out here at the moment and can echo the comments about busche gardens as well. Also worth spending a bit of additional money on one of the safari experiences. We fed Giraffes it was great

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
would also recommend the kennedy space center. Far better experience than I expected.

Saw harry potter world over the barriers and it looks well cool, shame we were a month too early

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I also had to witness the disgusting sight of an entire family attired in Palace Shirts yesterday at the Premium Outlet Mall.

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
If you haven't done it already - Discovery Cove is an absolute must.
Not cheap but worth every penny ... totally awesome!
Note : food & drink (inc alcohol!) is unlimited & inc in the price of the ticket.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Can highly recommend Busch Gardens - Sheikra is actually awesome.

If you can drag yourself away from the parks, Sarasota is a lovely town and the beaches on that coast are staggering. Kayaking in the mangroves with a marine biologist from the Marine Research Centre is memorable.

:clap: Sarasota's beaches are unreal...and the girls:bowdown:

would agree with anyone who says busch gardens,it is the best park i reckon.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Even if you don't drive try getting to Naples...You can often find that you can get a coach from International Drive or Lake Buena Vista down there.

I've been 5 times to Orlando and am going back in 2012 - Never get bored of the place and going back to the theme parks.

I'm with everyone on Busch Gardens - Montu, Sheikra & Kumba are great although Universal Islands of Adventure is a VERY close second with The Hulk, Spiderman & Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls!!!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Daytona ...

Either the beach or check to see if there is an event on the famous oval banking.

With no car, I've no idea how good public transport is - probably too far for a cab.

Jul 7, 2003
I did the Richard Petty Driving Experience a couple of years ago. It's not cheap but is a great experience driving the NASCAR cars around the track. There is a proper track near the entrance to Magic Kingdom and there is also now an Indy car version available as well.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Daytona ...

Either the beach or check to see if there is an event on the famous oval banking.

With no car, I've no idea how good public transport is - probably too far for a cab.

Planning on going there this year, do you have to pay to drive your car on the beach ?

Also Cocoa Beach which has a massive Ron Jons surf shop open 24 hours no less.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Planning on going there this year, do you have to pay to drive your car on the beach ?

Also Cocoa Beach which has a massive Ron Jons surf shop open 24 hours no less.

Cocoa Beach is class, watched a shuttle launch from there 2 years ago, nice little pier with a bar too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here