Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Five Brighton and Hove restaurants labelled the best…

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Shocked AND Appalled not to see the great establishment that was once frequented by Gaetan Bong, Albion Kebabs on the list.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Quite timely this. Me and the doris are booked into Las Iguanos in Jubilee Street this very evening. I'm a huge fan of latino / mexican food, the Trip Advisor reviews are decent. Plus it plops us into North Laine, which is not a territory we have overly investigated pub-wise (we usually head for the Lanes). Looking forward to it. I shall share my experience with the class in due course.
Tinto Taparia or Solera better options imho

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Any recommendations in B&H for a really good pizza place, thin crust and oven baked like you get just about everywhere in Italy and neighbouring countries? Every time I have pizza here, I am always just a tad disappointed…..going to Italy this weekend and I already know the pizza is going to be perfecto!

I don't live in Brighton so my recommendations may be out of date but in my experience VIP, Fatto a Mano and Franco Manca are all pretty good. Lots of Italians in Brighton agree on that too.

In the last 10 years or so there seems to have been a pizza revolution in England. Plenty of decent places nowadays.

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
There is a dedicated Restaurant thread for those seeking or providing recommendations

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Has anyone here ever tried The Little Fish Market? It looks like it would be good and it's on the list above but never managed to visit it myself.
Yes, used to go once or twice a year for birthday / anniversary though not been for 14 months as we've not been anywhere thanks to a new puppy!

Duncan is an incredible chef and while the fish is good the deserts are even better. Pre-lockdown it had one of the best front of house people in the whole of Brighton running the dining room but he left. A couple of females who weren't at the same level did it just before Covid but post Covid Duncan seems to be cooking, seating guests AND serving. It's a lot to take on and means staggered sittings and, one course on one visit, getting food that was cold because the previous table were chatting to him.

However, so long as you don't care about the size of the bill and love precision cooking there's nowhere better in Brighton.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Quite timely this. Me and the doris are booked into Las Iguanos in Jubilee Street this very evening. I'm a huge fan of latino / mexican food, the Trip Advisor reviews are decent. Plus it plops us into North Laine, which is not a territory we have overly investigated pub-wise (we usually head for the Lanes). Looking forward to it. I shall share my experience with the class in due course.
Eagle is nice

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Has anyone here ever tried The Little Fish Market? It looks like it would be good and it's on the list above but never managed to visit it myself.
As others have said, expensive but excellent. It's probably my favourite restaurant in Brighton, alongside Fourth & Church. Many rate Burnt Orange, but I'm yet to try it. CinCin is great for pasta.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don’t agree with the salt room being anywhere near the top 5 . Been there a few times , ok but nothing special . They rely on a nicely designed restaurant with ok ish food . Burnt orange is better .

The set again is fine but nothing special.

Etch is way ahead of both of those restaurants.

Are they as expensive as Etch?

Kitcatt

Apr 7, 2017
As others have said, expensive but excellent. It's probably my favourite restaurant in Brighton, alongside Fourth & Church. Many rate Burnt Orange, but I'm yet to try it. CinCin is great for pasta.
Fourth and Church is great. They’ve really upped their game recently. Highly recommend

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Its a tiny & basic place, but owned by my neighbour who is from Italy. He uses a lot of produce from back home, and his missus makes the breads / cakes / desserts daily at home. The smell coming from their place sometimes is divine 😍

Great place, used to live down the road from it.

We went to petit pois last night, quite a rustic relaxed French restaurant, about 30-40 a head including starter, main, dessert and glass of wine. Very tasty, well executed food. Great place if you enjoy your cheese.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here