Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Five Brighton and Hove restaurants labelled the best…

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Don’t agree with the salt room being anywhere near the top 5 . Been there a few times , ok but nothing special . They rely on a nicely designed restaurant with ok ish food . Burnt orange is better .

The set again is fine but nothing special.

Etch is way ahead of both of those restaurants.

The gingerman is also better & honourable mention to the ginger pig gastro pub does high quality innovative food .

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
As it happens, I’ve been looking for a decent restaurant in Brighton for next Saturday night. It’s slightly up in the air whether I’ll have my wife and two young kids with me, or if it’ll just be me and a couple of mates, but I need to find somewhere that fits both eventualities. Basically, a nice place with good food, but not necessarily too fancy.

So far, from a bit of research I’ve narrowed it down to:

Manjus
Chamuyo
Latino Americano
Case Don Carlo

Any standout recommendations, either on or off the above list?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
As it happens, I’ve been looking for a decent restaurant in Brighton for next Saturday night. It’s slightly up in the air whether I’ll have my wife and two young kids with me, or if it’ll just be me and a couple of mates, but I need to find somewhere that fits both eventualities. Basically, a nice place with good food, but not necessarily too fancy.

Manjus
Chamuyo
Latino Americano
Case Don Carlo

I like Casa Don Carlos. It's definitely not fancy, but great for a family or mates meal

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Manjus
Chamuyo
Latino Americano
Case Don Carlo

If you're doing Casa Don Carlos, book NOW or you won't get in. Needs at least four people so you can have several dishes. I love it in there.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Any recommendations in B&H for a really good pizza place, thin crust and oven baked like you get just about everywhere in Italy and neighbouring countries? Every time I have pizza here, I am always just a tad disappointed…..going to Italy this weekend and I already know the pizza is going to be perfecto!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you're doing Casa Don Carlos, book NOW or you won't get in. Needs at least four people so you can have several dishes. I love it in there.
It's a favourite of ours, too. We've never had a bad meal or even a mediocre meal there. You're right to say book in advance as it is very popular.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Manjus
Chamuyo
Latino Americano
Case Don Carlo

Could do a lot worse than the Shelter Hall in both instances - https://shelterhall.co.uk/

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Quite timely this. Me and the doris are booked into Las Iguanos in Jubilee Street this very evening. I'm a huge fan of latino / mexican food, the Trip Advisor reviews are decent. Plus it plops us into North Laine, which is not a territory we have overly investigated pub-wise (we usually head for the Lanes). Looking forward to it. I shall share my experience with the class in due course.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here