Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] “FIT” - bowel cancer test

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Further blood tests indicate an all clear, but I’ve been referred on the non urgent list for a colonoscopy just to be certain :) thanks again for everyone’s words of support and advice in what has been a stressful couple of weeks!

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Further blood tests indicate an all clear, but I’ve been referred on the non urgent list for a colonoscopy just to be certain :) thanks again for everyone’s words of support and advice in what has been a stressful couple of weeks!
Glad to hear that bud.Great your having a colonoscopy also. Both my parents had colorectal cancer so I have fairly regular colonoscopies despite not having any symptoms and I’ve found the worst part of it is the prep the night before and the morning of to clear your bowel out🤣you’re be fine mate and make sure you watch it on the screen whilst it’s happening it’s fascinating viewing👍🏻

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Glad to hear that bud.Great your having a colonoscopy also. Both my parents had colorectal cancer so I have fairly regular colonoscopies despite not having any symptoms and I’ve found the worst part of it is the prep the night before and the morning of to clear your bowel out🤣you’re be fine mate and make sure you watch it on the screen whilst it’s happening it’s fascinating viewing👍🏻
Cheers mate!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Said it before, always be on the lookout for signs - always check your poo for signs of blood as bowel cancer is usually caused by a polyp going bad - they usually bleed to give a good indication that something is awry. As said above, always take any opportunity offered to get checked out.
I’m still here twenty years after a bowel resection caught by the vigilance of a locum at my old GP surgery and the excellence of consultant Paul Farrands who, unlike many Albion names put forward, is a true Legend.
Mr Farrands did my emergency sub total colectomy in 2010. Stood at the end of my bed in the RSCH and said we need to do this today or your family will be planning your funeral by the end of the week. An absolute star.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
So far so good jc lets hope for more positive news the lads and lasses on NSC are a genuine good bunch.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
great news :)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Marvellous news. The health service is so thorough nowadays at detecting and double checking. Wishing you continued good health.

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I had a missed call from my GP this morning, and after having had a recent FIT test was dreading the call. She phoned again this afternoon and said the test was positive, and booked me in for a colonoscopy within the next two weeks. This thread has calmed me down somewhat - so thanks NSC for your invaluable service.

[Doffs cap]

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Another shout here to say that's good news for you, positivity is the key or a weird SOH ;)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I had a missed call from my GP this morning, and after having had a recent FIT test was dreading the call. She phoned again this afternoon and said the test was positive, and booked me in for a colonoscopy within the next two weeks. This thread has calmed me down somewhat - so thanks NSC for your invaluable service.

[Doffs cap]
Sending positive thoughts, I found the insight in this thread invaluable and hope it gives you comfort while you wait.

Have you had one before? If taking the several pints of laxative that tastes like sea water with lemon (Moviprep), then you need to book exclusive use of one toilet for several hours. Thankfully, you get much longer 'notice' of the first evacuation than the few seconds you get for subsequent ones.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have you had one before? If taking the several pints of laxative that tastes like sea water with lemon (Moviprep), then you need to book exclusive use of one toilet for several hours. Thankfully, you get much longer 'notice' of the first evacuation than the few seconds you get for subsequent ones.

Caught out the first time, later ones, I camped out in the loo and took other measures!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
One prominent Swedish ex-poster called me full of shit, so I’m hoping he wasn’t being literal…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here