Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] First female referee appointed in the EFL

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Why? Didn’t change with female Lino’s so why for female refs?
Swearing isn’t any worse in the lower leagues so can’t see this at all. Now if refs are mic’d up then definitely but until then no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most of the attention is on the ref so female lino`s wont affect the game unless directly involved . If you take a penalty decision as a for example , the immediate response from both sides is to approach the ref , one side shouting and arguing why it is a pen and other side why it`s not all the time the crowd is screaming and shouting for their own interests . The more noise the more gesticulating the more players pushing and shoving around the ref , of which he feels a certain amount of . Personally i believe this will ultimately inevitably lead to changes , changes that probably should have been made before now , but could well be made in haste in the future .

Look i could be completely wrong i hope i am , but as a forum i thought my glass half full attitude was valid given the impact it could have on the game , hopefully for the better .

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Will she be allowed to sleep with any of the players?

With the aroma of testosterone wafting under her nose every match, she must be tempted.

Surely it won't be long before we find out who are the real players.

So, lets see what we have so far, from the previous few weeks.
Watching nurses helping to show new mothers how to breast feed, that must be mandatory.
Standing outside a pub with a towel offering to dry off women as they emerge from a sheep dip before being allowed to enter.
And now wondering if a female ref will be having
sex with football players because she just wont be able to help herself.
Is your missus aware that you have these thoughts?

D

Deleted member 2719

So, lets see what we have so far, from the previous few weeks.
Watching nurses helping to show new mothers how to breast feed, that must be mandatory.
Standing outside a pub with a towel offering to dry off women as they emerge from a sheep dip before being allowed to enter.
And now wondering if a female ref will be having
sex with football players because she just wont be able to help herself.
Is your missus aware that you have these thoughts?

You clearly will never work me out.

I wondered how your missus deals with your insulting behaviour?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Most of the attention is on the ref so female lino`s wont affect the game unless directly involved . If you take a penalty decision as a for example , the immediate response from both sides is to approach the ref , one side shouting and arguing why it is a pen and other side why it`s not all the time the crowd is screaming and shouting for their own interests . The more noise the more gesticulating the more players pushing and shoving around the ref , of which he feels a certain amount of . Personally i believe this will ultimately inevitably lead to changes , changes that probably should have been made before now , but could well be made in haste in the future .

Look i could be completely wrong i hope i am , but as a forum i thought my glass half full attitude was valid given the impact it could have on the game , hopefully for the better .

So in actuality having a female ref will improve players behaviour in the long run and so is a good thing.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You clearly will never work me out.

I wondered how you missus deals with your insulting behaviour?
I think I worked you out a long time ago, it is not difficult.
Its not insulting though is it.
It is what you have posted recently.
If I called you a pervert, for example, which I haven't and never would then that would be insulting you.
Oh and my missus does not say, think or post such things so no insulting needed there either.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
So in actuality having a female ref will improve players behaviour in the long run and so is a good thing.

Possibly but no one knows , it could go either way , it could ruin our game which is why i am so worried about making changes .

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Anyone else miss the days when, you know, football was about the football rather than viruses, gender, sexuality, race, social media etc everyday? I wonder if the former will ever return as the central theme?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
No wish to doubt either of you but I always thought one of the linos [aka assistant referees] would take over from the ref if became incapacitated and unable to continue, e.g. through injury?

What happens now if the AR skills and mindset are deemed too different to take over from the ref?
Match abandoned?
Suppose it could be the 4th official if full-ref trained / qualified, but then what if it's a lino that can't continue due to injury?

Is there a 5th official in the stands somewhere or to they taxi the VAR ref in?

The 4th official takes over. They are referees, not assistants.

In normal league games, no fifth official.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
now appointed for a debut premier league fixture, fulham vs burnley on saturday 23rd

congratulations to her, a certain mr barton won’t be happy
Can’t be any worse than some of the cretinous fuckwhits we gave to put up with week in week out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here