[Football] First Female Manager?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It really wouldn't matter. Many clubs have female physios now, and I'm sure she doesn't keep her eyes closed when treating them.

Female linesman and referees, I am told, share their changing room with the men.

didn't a female physio send chelsea into meltdown a few seasons ago..? there are obvious pitfalls ,especially if the lady is fit and one or more of the male staff start harbouring a boner for her.:moo:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If she's good enough, she's good enough.

As regards football punditry, I use the Lineker example. He was woeful when he started but now (some may not agree) he's part of the furniture and good at what he does.

If females were offered the same slack there may not be so much complaining.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I remember sitting in the South Farm Road café on Saturday1st April 1989 before going across to watch the Albion beat Man City 2-1 (when Keith Cuss headed the ball away) reading the paper, which reported that a football league club was about to appoint a female manager, earth shattering back then, until I looked at the date.

Thankfully times have changed.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
didn't a female physio send chelsea into meltdown a few seasons ago..? there are obvious pitfalls ,especially if the lady is fit and one or more of the male staff start harbouring a boner for her.:moo:

Most of the players went already went through puberty and wont get a boner every time they see a decent looking woman. Might seem weird to you but not everyone are stuck at age 13.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Most of the players went already went through puberty and wont get a boner every time they see a decent looking woman. Might seem weird to you but not everyone are stuck at age 13.

not everyone smokes shit loads of skunk and whacks 2 pizzas every day either mate .......not a closet chelsea fan are you...???

John Terry anyone....prffft..:lolol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sky made us suffer Lianne Sanderson on the Transfer Deadline programme tonight. Utterly useless. Full of football cliches - yes we know the January window is quieter Lianne - and concentrated on transfers amongst the Top 6 clubs that probably won't happen rather than transfers that had happened or were on the cards among all the leagues. Like so many women's pundits their 'experience' amounts to less than 200 games (in many a lot less) but loads at 'International level. In Women's football.
The WPL show after MotD2 is worth watching for the comedy value and that's about it. The standard is woeful. Good luck Ms Hayes, you're going to need it. I give it 3 months

They also wheeled Harry Redknap on to the programme. Asked him to name the 4 teams he thought would finish in the Champions League places. He then proceeded to name 8 teams he thought would qualify.

So I thought "Well maybe you weren't guilty of Tax Fraud " after all, if you can't even count to Four.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Years ago Sussex CCC used to have a women physio. I used to do the scoring for Sussex at Horsham, One very wet day I slipped running into the pavilion and split my knee open. She very nicely patched me up. Talking to her about being the first women to have the position in professional men's cricket I suggested she may have a few players come and see her. Yes she agreed a list of groin injuries however after the first few visited her they decided the pain she put them through it wasn't worth it. :lolol::lolol:

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
The Albion had a female physio in the early 2000's - Kim Eaton

Capture.JPG

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Well it's a good job that there are definitely no gay footballers or else all physios would have to be robots or specially trained monkeys.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Years ago Sussex CCC used to have a women physio. I used to do the scoring for Sussex at Horsham, One very wet day I slipped running into the pavilion and split my knee open. She very nicely patched me up. Talking to her about being the first women to have the position in professional men's cricket I suggested she may have a few players come and see her. Yes she agreed a list of groin injuries however after the first few visited her they decided the pain she put them through it wasn't worth it. :lolol::lolol:

we used to ;play on the all weather pitches at worthing sports centre on a wednesday night , it was basically pub league standard but we had an ex pro from newcastle in our side and his wife was a milf .....we were 18 mostly he would have been early 40's .......she adopted the role of kit lady and physio as i think they had just moved down south and she was looking for something to do .....anyway one cold wet night in february i copped the ball straight in the nuts and hit the ash like a beached whale , it was that bad i was dry retching , i was ****ed for about 5 minutes until she put her lovely warm hand down the front of my shorts and cupped my battered testicles for a good minute ......three life long friends in that team and we always go to the Albion together when we get a chance and this is a classic story we all have a good laugh about .........the funny thing was the geordie lad didn't even bat an eyelid.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Radio 5 just now: Emma Hayes dismisses the story as utter bollocks, and speaks in favour of diversity in sport, and that an argument that moving from Chelsea women to AFC Wombledon is a step up is an insult. Good for her :thumbsup:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Radio 5 just now: Emma Hayes dismisses the story as utter bollocks, and speaks in favour of diversity in sport, and that an argument that moving from Chelsea women to AFC Wombledon is a step up is an insult. Good for her :thumbsup:

It would certainly be a big ask going from women's football with no fans to men's football with stadia full of chanting... oh, wait a minute.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Be interesting to know what she would think is a step up. Unless a women starts with coaching a men's team and progresses up within a men's set up the likelihood of any women jumping from a women's top side to a men's top side is nil.

She would be on a hiding to nothing in the current World if she did take the role. Failure would have some rubbing their hands with glee.

Really think it would take a very strong minded women to succeed, one who can deal with the undoubted Neanderthals that will surface. Dare I say one that doesn't get offended by sexism but rises above it. Very hard I know.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Be interesting to know what she would think is a step up. Unless a women starts with coaching a men's team and progresses up within a men's set up the likelihood of any women jumping from a women's top side to a men's top side is nil.

She would be on a hiding to nothing in the current World if she did take the role. Failure would have some rubbing their hands with glee.

Really think it would take a very strong minded women to succeed, one who can deal with the undoubted Neanderthals that will surface. Dare I say one that doesn't get offended by sexism but rises above it. Very hard I know.

I have a feeling she's not seriously considering a switch to the men's game. I suspect all this was media kite flying. She presnts herself well though.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports