Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First Ever Brighton Game

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
One of the London clubs at the Goldstone 79-80 season, I went with a friend and hid Dad. We lost and what I remember most of all is lots of fights.

I'm guessing it must have been Arsenal or Tottenham. It definitely wasn't Palace boxing day and Chelsea were down in League 2 that year. Looking at the dates of games that seasn it was probably the Tottenham game. However, I was a young child and was pretty much overwhelmed by it all. I enjoyed watching the fighting more than watching the football!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
my 1st game to...........and was brought a terry towelling bukta hoodie with seagulls written on the back which I lived in for the next 2 years

Where is it now?

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Brighton v Port Vale, 1994. I was in the kids enclosure. Was passing with rain. Think we lost 3-1. Jimmy Case scored us a belter though and it was raining cats and dogs. Great memories.

Renns

Renns Junior
Nov 8, 2006
Huddersfield/Birmingham
Some time around 1994/5. The first game I remember vividly (around my second/third game) was the 3-3 vs Leyton orient when Scott Mcgleish made a gesture to the north stand

The Leyton Orient game was 4-4, I only know that as it was my first ever game! Cracking way to start my Albion watching career and the only time I visited the Goldstone too.

Jan 15, 2013
Home game 1986 in the north @ goldstone, dont know against who just remember police coming into stand and cracking someone over the head with truncheon who was 2 yards away from me (must have been an away fan in there) blood everywhere...stewards then let me cousin and uncle out onto pitch till things calmed down..

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
first game i ever saw was highlands park vs durban spurs in 1966. The first albion game i saw was WB Albion vs Huddersfield in 1971

first brighton game was home against palace 1-0 in august 1974 ish. we had moved here and my dad worked in crawley and one of the criteria for where we would live was 25 miles from the office, and for there to be a football club near by....but for someone letting us down at the last minute, we were moving nearer london and Palace would have been my closest club and I would have gone there instead.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
13.9.1975 beat Chester 6-0.

I was only 6 at the time, but that got me hooked. I expect I looked up to the bigger boys like Return of the Rev and wished I could be like them! Some things never change!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here