Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First away game?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Plymouth 1960....only about 5 Brighton fans there...people did'nt travel so much...there was me surrounded by thousands of dockyard workers shouting for Brighton...did I get some stick....we were beaten 5-0

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
West Ham, November 1990.

Went with a mate from school. Mike Small (who joined the Hammers next summer for 400k) put Albion 1-0 up. They hadn't lost at Upton Park for over a year, were top of the league and the noise they made was frightening. West Ham eventually won 2-1. The thing I remember most about this was their support seemed to be made up of 18-40 year-old knuckle draggers. No place for the faint-hearted.
You should have been there in the early 80's then. When the ICF were in their prime.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
You should have been there in the early 80's then. When the ICF were in their prime.

Gerry Ryan went on one of his runs and scored with less than 10 minutes to go. Then they scored 2 goals to win. Thankfully. That was a few weeks before the cup final 83.

el punal

wasn't that palace away where barry butlin scored after about 5 minutes, we missed the goal as couldn't park anywhere close and we spent the rest of the game camped inside our own box?

I think mine was Milwall away when we lost 3-1 and Fred Binney scored and it was like being in a war zone...that was 1974

I was at both those games.

Took my girlfriend for her first ever footie match against Palace and we too missed the goal. Bloody traffic jams! Bloody parking! Pah!

The Millwall game was on Easter Monday (I think), and was our last chance of getting promotion that season. Yes, it was pretty grim - I seem to remember a Millwall fan with a huge drum.
Horrible place, glad to get home in one piece.

By the way, I think the Palace game was Sept.75 and Millwall April 76. Correct me if I'm wrong! :smile:

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
First away league match was a 5-1 defeat at Pompey. 1984.

They scored there five goals in 13 minutes. I remember it raining hard too.

Last edited:

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I was at both those games.

Took my girlfriend for her first ever footie match against Palace and we too missed the goal. Bloody traffic jams! Bloody parking! Pah!

The Millwall game was on Easter Monday (I think), and was our last chance of getting promotion that season. Yes, it was pretty grim - I seem to remember a Millwall fan with a huge drum.
Horrible place, glad to get home in one piece.

By the way, I think the Palace game was Sept.75 and Millwall April 76. Correct me if I'm wrong! :smile:

I remember the Millwall game on the radio. I asked my Mum what "trailing 2-0" meant ! I was 7.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here