Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First away game?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
1972 POMPEY

That was mine as well. It was, what would you say, eventful. At halftime the pompey nutcases (and there were some proper mental cases) came into the Brighton "end" - I do not recall there being any proper segregation - we left well before the end of the game. Then when we got on the train at Fratton - we were attacked again this time with blokes wielding bits of fencing. How the train got back to Brighton I do not know. My memory is that it was fairly systematically dismantled.

"How was the football dear ?"
"Fine. We had a good day".

wasn't that palace away where barry butlin scored after about 5 minutes, we missed the goal as couldn't park anywhere close and we spent the rest of the game camped inside our own box?

I think mine was Milwall away when we lost 3-1 and Fred Binney scored and it was like being in a war zone...that was 1974

I think that was 1976 23,000 in the den,segregation all over the place,went with my brother who had his leg in plaster recall johhny d pointing us out as we drove past a milwall boozer! cheers mate:facepalm:

That was mine as well. It was, what would you say, eventful. At halftime the pompey nutcases (and there were some proper mental cases) came into the Brighton "end" - I do not recall there being any proper segregation - we left well before the end of the game. Then when we got on the train at Fratton - we were attacked again this time with blokes wielding bits of fencing. How the train got back to Brighton I do not know. My memory is that it was fairly systematically dismantled.

"How was the football dear ?"
"Fine. We had a good day".

Recall pompey waiting for Brighton to turn up and were surprised Albion got on there toes,we were waiting for a pompey player for our tickets,went to the pompey dogs in the evening:rolleyes: GREAT DAY OUT:mad:

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
20/02/1960 Deepdale FA Cup 5th Round
Tom Finney No.9 for Preston
Bill Curry No.9 for The Albion

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Friday 1st Jan 1988. Fulham. 2-1 to the blue and white stripes. Went on the coach from the Goldstone. Trying to get a train back to Worthing was a bleedin nightmare!

Actually, scrap that, it might have been Pompey the season before when Richard Tiltman replaced Dean Saunders. I think that may have been Deano's last game for us?

Last edited:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Watford FA Cup 1975
The only game I can remember was at Bournemouth in the very early seventies?
This ages me:down: but my Grand Dad took me to the Goldstone when I was around ten years old.
I remember being passed down to the front of the Chicken Run while he watched from further back.
He played a good standard as did my Dad (Brighton Boys).
Unfortunately the footballing tradition went downhill with me-22 years Sunday League - starting off in Div 14 and finishing in Div 3---loved every minute of it tho.
I'm 56 now and have become a born again NS Chatterer :bla:

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Went on a Boy Scout coach to Southend for an FA Cup game roughly 75'-76', where we got done 1-0, or 2-1 ???

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
03 Mar 1974 Aldershot v Brighton and Hove Albion W 0-1 League Division Three

this was mine as well , it was played on a sunday with thousands of brighton supporters , it was like a home match. We had the entire east bank and most of us jumped over the turnstiles , great first away match

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
baptism of fire there rev

mine was Chesterfield '77 last game of the season

Brighton everywhere,behaviour was a little bit naughty from our boys that day

that's actually wrong,just realised the cup replay at Stamford Bridge against palace was before that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here