Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First 15 minutes tomorrow

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
I think they're going to try and rattle us early on, lots of tough tackles flying in, I'm confident but anything can happen in football!!

Dandyman

In London village.
Agree with a lot of the comments above - take the game to them, keep them on the back foot, don't give them any opportunities.

Mar 10, 2006
Agree about the shirt pulling and arms around their players in our box as the ref will have seen that and heard the tosspot commentators screaming for a penalty every time the ball was in the box.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
An excellent point - IF , Everything is in our favour and very rarely due the odds get upset.

Come on the Albion - I think it's our time :albion2:

Yesterday the cup final, which is what tomorrow is a cup final with all that it entails. I exremely nervous about tomorrow, and need a good start , however I'm very quietly, slightly confident. I also do firmly believe if we win through tomorrow we will go up.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Without Dobbie and Murray they are going to have to come at us from the wide areas with Bollasie and Zaha. So if Calderon is again required to mark Zaha who do we use to double up on him? Or if we are attacking are they left with enough in midfield to cope with Hammond, Lopez and Orlandi?

Clearly our best form of defence has to be attack even if we go ahead. The moment we start sitting deep we play into their hands.

Do we know if Williams is expected to play?

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
We need to blow them out the water in the first 15

Quite simply this. After the goal-less draw Palace will come at us early doors and as documented previously if we go a goal down we don't win. I would hope to see us score in the first 15 or will be watching the rest of the game through my fingers!:eek::facepalm:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think Palace will come at us like a train and we need to hold our nerve and play our football and frustrate them, the longer the half goes on with us in possession the more frustrated they will get. Keep a clean sheet, the most importanmt aspect of our play, and then score 1 goal that will do us no need to race into the game gungho.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
We want Leo or Hammond to hit the target this time, Leo has missed four or more right infront of goal in the last two matches, only an observation. Tomorrow is the acid test, shit or bust, we MUST make the few opportunities we have count. Having beaten Palace at home, we were euphoric at the result but the game was closer than the result. Come on get us to Wembley!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I just hope Clackerberg realises that Jediak has got a dodgy barnet, and is actually nothing more than a dirty, poor man's Fellaini (hairstyle-wise) who needs an early yellow card to keep his incessant fouling in check.

He was booked in the first half on Friday. Didn't seem to stop him then!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Think they'll come at us like a steam train tomorrow ,We need to watch the shirt pulling as Battenberg would've seen that on tv Friday night.
We need to make a big deal of the first elbow in the face from Jedinak, and have everyone near the ref spontaneously tell him how bad it was.

That's would be my team talk, should be enough to see us through.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We left it too close to the break on st Paddys day, don't think my nerves could take waiting that long for a goal.
if we haven't scored in the first the crowd will go quite
Do not let it go quiet, it's your job to keep singing and not be nervous. It's not easy to win games, it's not easy to score - the chances are we won't go ahead in the first half, so don't put us at an immediate disadvantage by getting jittery if it takes a while.

Do we know if Williams is expected to play?
Yes he is.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Why does everything they'll 'come at us like a train'?
I think they'll try and keep it tight and hope the crowd get nervous and quiet. They're without their one and only goalscorer, so what on earth would be the point in going attack-attack from the off?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Why does everything they'll 'come at us like a train'?
I think they'll try and keep it tight and hope the crowd get nervous and quiet. They're without their one and only goalscorer, so what on earth would be the point in going attack-attack from the off?

No way will we 'get quiet' with all those clackers knocking about!! First one to give Zaha a paper cut wins a night out in Newcastle with Kazenga. Second prize - two nights out in Newcastle with Kazenga.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here