Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] fire stick

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Previously I used Kodi and all the different add ons but found things kept breaking, moving, getting shut down etc. Went to a paid IPTV and it was a lot easier and stress free.
No stress here. Although saying that, I've updated kodi to 20?? And I'm not liking a few things like I can't find the stop button only pause. The add ons I don't need to change, they auto update. I do clear the cache quite often though but that's easy. There's an iptv that everyone uses out here called ninja but that seems worse than kodi as it pauses fairly frequently but they are running 3 tv"s on different channels over the same WiFi...

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
For those asking for PM there really isn't much to PM. Google Troypoint and it will give you everything you need to know on how to go about setting up and using IPTV yourself but be prepared to get a bit technical and jail breaking the firestick etc. Its a lot easier on Iphone etc as you just download an app and set it up with your login details

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
For those asking for PM there really isn't much to PM. Google Troypoint and it will give you everything you need to know on how to go about setting up and using IPTV yourself but be prepared to get a bit technical and jail breaking the firestick etc. Its a lot easier on Iphone etc as you just download an app and set it up with your login details
You still need a subscription to an iptv provider to get login details.

Each iptv provider usually has their own preferred app(s) too and would give any subscribers full instructions how to install the app and login/use.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Previously I used Kodi and all the different add ons but found things kept breaking, moving, getting shut down etc. Went to a paid IPTV and it was a lot easier and stress free.
Same for me. Each new Kodi version caused problems and many of the addons got chased out of existence by legal threats. I have found iptv to be pain-free, easier to use via the menus and with a vast library of VOD movies and TV series updated daily.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Same for me. Each new Kodi version caused problems and many of the addons got chased out of existence by legal threats. I have found iptv to be pain-free, easier to use via the menus and with a vast library of VOD movies and TV series updated daily.
This. I have been using Kodi since it was XBMC back in the day and IPTV is far superior

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Been using IPTV for awhile now (team Gwi) - it’s been pretty good for a year+ but for the last two months I get constant buffering.
I cleared cache etc., and this week bought an ethernet adapter for the fire stick but it doesn’t seem to have helped.
Any tips?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Been using IPTV for awhile now (team Gwi) - it’s been pretty good for a year+ but for the last two months I get constant buffering.
I cleared cache etc., and this week bought an ethernet adapter for the fire stick but it doesn’t seem to have helped.
Any tips?
Sky and tnt have got a bit more advanced this year and some of the streams have buffered . Apparently depending on your Firestick set up the people that manage it will resolve but will take a couple months

Tip would be to always use the alternatives like Optus / bein / Astro etc as they are still stable

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Sky and tnt have got a bit more advanced this year and some of the streams have buffered . Apparently depending on your Firestick set up the people that manage it will resolve but will take a couple months

Tip would be to always use the alternatives like Optus / bein / Astro etc as they are still stable
Nice one cheers!

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Any tips?
Same here. It’s frustrating. Been going on for a while actually. Clearing the cache and restarting the device sometimes helps ( though not today).

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
Any tips?
Same here, having a lot of problems with GWI

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Same here, having a lot of problems with GWI
I don’t have problems with Gwi. He’s actually really quick to respond to help. The issues aren’t his fault 👍🏼

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here