fine tuning

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

macky

Dec 28, 2004
This is not a moan But I think the Club needto do some fine tuning And the quicker the better There sem to be a lot of confusion over ticket sales? pricing loyalty points parking park and ride And various other issues It would be nice if maybe someone named from the club came on here And let people know what the club were doing about these issues ( if anything )

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It would be nice if maybe someone named from the club came on here And let people know what the club were doing about these issues ( if anything )
No need for them to come here, but it would be nice if they had a page on their site letting us know some of the details we're missing.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
No need for them to come here, but it would be nice if they had a page on their site letting us know some of the details we're missing.

perhaps in that case they could put a question and answer section on their website

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
This is not a moan But I think the Club needto do some fine tuning And the quicker the better There sem to be a lot of confusion over ticket sales? pricing loyalty points parking park and ride And various other issues It would be nice if maybe someone named from the club came on here And let people know what the club were doing about these issues ( if anything )

Why should they - this is an unofficial supporters forum and has no proper link to the club.

I wonder how many people who use this as a platform to voice their concerns / raise points etc, and also raise them with the club through official channels such as e-mailing the club directly? - hardly anyone would be my guess. (same goes for getting other information about the club such as ticket info - how many look on here and never the official site for the latest updates?)

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I am very happy to gripe about the quality of the pies.

It makes a change from moaning about the lack of a ground

and if its NOT a moan (as you say it isn't) , then what's the problem.??????

We have just attracted the two BIGGEST single home gates for over 20 years. the club must be doing something right.

BTW I am NOT confused over ticket sales , pricing, loyalty points, parking, park and ride.

I understand them all perfectly. But then I took the trouble to read the information the club send me, and consult the web site so I can make a better and more informed choice

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Why do we all have to be in the know about every little aspect of the club, the need for information is astounding and for what purpose?

Would people demand answers from the board to do with high street chain stores and asking questions constantly like when the next range of clothes are coming out and what will they look like, to confidencial business strategies and so on.

Is this a throw back to the mistrust during Bellotti and Archer's reign and a worry that something similar could happen again unless we are vigilant against it or is it as a consequence of living in an information age where so much more information is readily available but people still want to know more about things people were never bothered about in the past?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why do we all have to be in the know about every little aspect of the club, the need for information is astounding and for what purpose?
We don't - there are just teathing problems at the moment, like games showing as sold out when their not, so it would help if there was a note explaining some things on the site. I just looked at tickets for the Sunderland game, and it says it's sold out. It may well be, but for some of the previous games it has said sold out when plenty of tickets were available.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
We don't - there are just teathing problems at the moment, like games showing as sold out when their not, so it would help if there was a note explaining some things on the site. I just looked at tickets for the Sunderland game, and it says it's sold out. It may well be, but for some of the previous games it has said sold out when plenty of tickets were available.

You mean like this (taken from the coming up page for the Sunderland game)?

Buying Online

The easiest and quickest way to purchase is online, season ticket holders should do this by logging on and using the ADD MY RESERVED SEATS function.

Simply click the ADD MY RESERVED SEATS tab at the top. This will display your reserved season ticket seat along with anyone else you have in your friends and family list who is eligible.

NB: Do not click the HOME GAMES tab, as this will display a message of sold out, as tickets are not on general sale.

If you want to adjust the number of people in your party, click the REMOVE tab for each person you don't want to buy for and then press UPDATE BASKET.

Then go to the checkout and pay. Once paid you will receive an email confirmation if you have a valid current email with us. To check your email address please go to the UPDATE DETAILS section.

Once the sale has been processed your ticket will be automatically uploaded on to your season-ticket smartcard.

Further Details

Please note that anyone who buys a ticket who is not a season ticket holder will be sent a paper ticket for this game, and season ticket holders who do not purchase their own seat for this game will also be sent a paper ticket.

Our last posting day for this fixture will be on Friday the 19th August, any tickets purchased after 3pm on Friday will be held for collection at the Amex, although supporters are encouraged to purchase before Friday 19th or to collect their tickets prior to matchday if possible.

Travel

Season ticket holders who have purchased the season pack of travel vouchers or car parking season ticket should use CUP VOUCHER 2.

Supporters who wish to purchase individual travel vouchers for this game (priced £1.50) can do so from seagullsdirect.co.uk, via the ticketline on 0845 496 1901 or via customer services 0845 873 0251.

Vouchers must be purchased before 3pm on Friday 19th August to allow time to post them out.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Pricing - prices are published, very much doubt any club goes into detail as to why a certain price has been chosen
Loyalty points - document was published by the club and is available on the website (and on here)
Park and ride - think people know about it but down to the club to sort the current problems out (only been 2 games give them a chance)
Other issues?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Several learned and respected NSC'ers have been posting on here for some time that there have been some communications issues for the club to address.

At the last fans forum some of the issues raised were not articulated in a constructive manner by the punters concerned and resulted in Martin Perry getting a bit heated. No doubt the matters were important to those concerned but may appear somewhat trivial when compared to the bigger picture - MP had just presided over a major project to build the stadium and the paint was literally still wet in most places.

I then suggested on here that the Club would do well to appoint a PR / Media / Communications guru to get on grip on matters and let MP's strengths be used elsewhere to good effect (eg planning for the increased capacity etc). Does MP really need to know about the choice of pies or the temperature of the ale? These are most important to you and I (am still revelling in having such luxuries) but surely there is an appropriate manager who could be the point of contact for such matters.

The move from Withdean to The Amex (a new stadium) at Falmer (a new site) with new transport infrastructure, much bigger crowds than the Club has managed for 25 years and unprecedented demand for STs together with new staff behind the scenes rather understandably brought it's own pressures and challenges. Not least the high expectations from the fans.

One would hope that now the first games have taken place that any gremlins have now been recognised and are being addressed as part of a formal evaluation process by the Club in liaison with its partners. On the whole I would suggest that things have gone remarkably well but agree there is need for 'fine tuning' and that this should not go ignored.

For example:
a) improving the ability of moving crowds away from the stadium after evening games
b) some disabled fans not being able to park within the reasonable curtilage of the stadium and being charged a significant additional fee which seemed to be rather insensitive
c) general transport arrangements not being well understood by some home and visiting fans
d) on street parking
e) ticketing.

It has gone a bit quiet on here regarding some of these points. Maybe I am naively hoping this is a sign that things have been or are being addressed? Maybe not? This suggests to me that the Club still needs to get a more effective grip on communications issues.

All the time there is sniping on here and hyped in the media about issues at the Amex, especially to do with transport and parking, these will be seized on by the NIMBYs as evidence that our planning application should be rejected. I am not suggesting these issues be swept under the carpet, maybe raised in a less emotive, more objective and constructive manner. It is in everyone's interest to have a proper conduit for putting such issues to bed ASAP.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I am very happy to gripe about the quality of the pies.

It makes a change from moaning about the lack of a ground

and if its NOT a moan (as you say it isn't) , then what's the problem.??????

We have just attracted the two BIGGEST single home gates for over 20 years. the club must be doing something right.

BTW I am NOT confused over ticket sales , pricing, loyalty points, parking, park and ride.

I understand them all perfectly. But then I took the trouble to read the information the club send me, and consult the web site so I can make a better and more informed choice

its not a moan good for you you understan everything clever boy But from reading here a lot dont
surely it would make sense to havea q& a somewhere be it here or on the official webpage

macky

Dec 28, 2004

Would people demand answers from the board to do with high street chain stores and asking questions constantly like when the next range of clothes are coming out and what will they look like, to confidencial business strategies and so on.

Is this a throw back to the mistrust during Bellotti and Archer's reign and a worry that something similar could happen again unless we are vigilant against it or is it as a consequence of living in an information age where so much more information is readily available but people still want to know more about things people were never bothered about in the past?

way i see it its not about everything concerning the club just about the product they are trying to sell

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
its not a moan good for you you understan everything clever boy But from reading here a lot dont
surely it would make sense to havea q& a somewhere be it here or on the official webpage

I don't mean to be rude but are you using your elbows instead of your fingers when typing?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You mean like this (taken from the coming up page for the Sunderland game)?

Buying Online

The easiest and quickest way to purchase is online, season ticket holders should do this by logging on and using the ADD MY RESERVED SEATS function.

Simply click the ADD MY RESERVED SEATS tab at the top. This will display your reserved season ticket seat along with anyone else you have in your friends and family list who is eligible.

NB: Do not click the HOME GAMES tab, as this will display a message of sold out, as tickets are not on general sale.
Yes, something like that would be perfect :whistle:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

How will we know what details we're missing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports