Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Finances force me to cancel my season ticket, but its not that easy.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
How much evidence does anyone need that THERE IS NO WAITING LIST. Anyone can buy a season ticket if they want one. Tonight on my news feed every other ad is from Brighton inviting me to get a season ticket today.

Ticket site today says

The waiting list allows you to defer for a season when you reach the top if for whatever reason you are not ready to take up a STH

I got back in 3 years earlier than I had planned for this very reason when the turnover was c2k a year and was 5,800 in the queue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
it’s not about the money though is it. Why is it fair to hold onto a season ticket and not use it if there’s a waiting list of people willing to pay the same money but actually go and support the te in person?

That’s why the 25% rule exists

this is ot to the op by the way, my response is the general stance when there is a waiting list.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

there is no waiting list. Please see my post quoting you above or visit the ticket site and buy one today.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
The waiting list allows you to defer for a season when you reach the top if for whatever reason you are not ready to take up a STH

I got back in 3 years earlier than I had planned for this very reason when the turnover was c2k a year and was 5,800 in the queue

There never were 5800 people in the list because numbers were never updated when people got one. My Grandson was7000+ when his invite came. His number never changed from joining.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
There never were 5800 people in the list because numbers were never updated when people got one. My Grandson was7000+ when his invite came. His number never changed from joining.

Firstly apologies to the OP for the derailment

I don’t see your point? If those ahead of you in the queue didn’t exercise the chance to buy a ST they would retain their place in the queue following the 12 month deferment policy

I actually started around 7,700 in the queue, this rolled as expected to c5,800 after year 1. I wasn’t expected to be contacted for at least another 2 or even 3 seasons but got the opportunity to buy two ST’s (at 5,800) which would have been due to a combination of deferment / non membership renewals and the normal Churn.

You can have a deferred waiting list and still have the situation to buy season tickets now, it’s the chance those on the waiting list take by deferring.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry to hear about your circumstances - which will hit a lot more people jn the coming months sadly - but massive respect for making the journey from N/E Somerset in the first place. And I speak as one pathetically whining about my journey from Preston Park :down:

I'm sure the club will do right by you

Respect for that post :bowdown:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
All the time we are in PL apart from odd one, all games are a sell out. They can't increase gates and they know it would be unwise to increase ST prices. All they can do to increase matchday income is chip away hence sharing scheme, W/D of subsidy to Seagull travel. wanting more to become members and latest paying to print at home ticket, In PL it is take it or leave it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here