Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Finally the Boomer Anthem has been put out to pasture

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not content with ruining the economy, environment, and the planet in general, with your 'im alright jack - but didn't we have it hard' mantra.
You Boomers also ruined music with your woe is me anthem.

Well not any more, thankfully Fall Out Boy has come to the rescue of us young'uns and we've made your dirge relevant.

Unsurprisingly you Boomers aren't happy, probably because you can no longer randomly shout "JFK blown away what else do I have to say", like that has some kind of meaning.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not content with ruining the economy, environment, and the planet in general, with your 'im alright jack - but didn't we have it hard' mantra.

Well not any more, thankfully Fall Out Boy has come to the rescue of us young'uns and we've made your dirge relevant.

Unsurprisingly you Boomers aren't happy, probably because you can no longer randomly shout "JFK blown away what else do I have to say", like that has some kind of meaning.

OK Boomer

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

You what, you what, you what

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My meds don’t kick in to late morning

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Halibut.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, I have no idea what the point of this thread was really. I quite like WDStF, this version and the original and there is no way on earth I'd describe it as a "boomer anthem". Ridiculous.
Exactly, for those of a certain age (OK Boomers!) the lyrics paint pictures of growing up. Fabulous song Imo

The day JFK was blown away is one of the very few “I remember where I was and what I was doing when that happened” (in prep at school as it happens)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wasn't the original released in the late 80's?

Hardly prime boomer time.

Shit song anyway, whatever lyrics are sung.

To cleanse your pallet and your soul here is a Gen X anthem released a month later.

Great song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here