FIFTY New Falmer Banners at Cardiff - SORTED! - FFA thank everyone helping

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FIFTY New Falmer Banners at Cardiff - FFA need YOUR help

The Falmer for All team are arranging for around 50 new banners to be made with appropriately worded messages about Falmer. Superphil is making them. What a star!

Paul Samrah is making the necessary arrangements with the Stadium. Another star!

Assuming this can go ahead, Paul is asking for people seated in each of the Upper & Middle sections to volunteer to collect a banner - from Henfield.

Anyone who can help, please email Paul at paul@samrah.freeserve.co.uk

The idea is that the banners are strung along the two hand rails -which are at the front of the Upper Section & at the front of the Middle Section. There is no rail in the the Lower sections.

We therefore need someone from EVERY BLOCK IN THE UPPER AND MIDDLE TIERS to volunteer to collect a banner from Henfield (or from someone who can get to Henfield) and then transport the thing to Cardiff, fix it on the handrail at the front of the block they are sitting in, and then bring it home at the end of the game.

To keep track of how these arrangements are going, please post a brief message on this thread (identifying the Block you are sitting in), once you have decided that YOU can contribute personally to getting this plan sorted.

I will collate the responses as the next few days pass, so that we can keep tabs on how much stadium coverage we have.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
How big are the banners? I would'nt mind taking one but not if its pretty large and would get in the way. (of beer I add)

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
Coaches at the ready, if some one can get them to Hove Station Sunday! let me know! :wave: :wave:

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
I'm in N1 but I think we're sorted there with the banners from Bwian. I'm hoping to be in the ground quite early and I'm not in a rush to leave so if it's necessary I don't mind putting some up along other bits of the stand.

The banners will be made of lightweight material and will be sensibly sized for carrying. You may need some lengths of strong string.

But don't carry a sharp knife to the ground.

:eek:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I can pick some up and take them on the NSC coach from Hove.

BTW I'm in the 2nd row of M36

Have emailed Paul.

Last edited:

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
sitting in block M32.

currently living at a temporary address at the end of henfield high street.

more than happy to collect and take a banner.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'll have one in U11 Just above the Royal Box so ideal for displaying a banner :wave:

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
N something with the 50 odd that got tickets - second row or summit like that.....ask wilko...I was in madrid but he got me tickets :clap2: :clap2:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is it also worth asking some of the Bristol fans whether they would take a couple? It would look impressive if we could have Falmer banners at both ends of the stadium.

I don't know where I'm sitting yet as I didn't get the tickets but unfortunately there's no way I could get to Henfield. If anyone who's going could bring one back to London, I'd be happy to take one.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I'm in U10 and live in Hurstpierpoint so can easily get to Henfield. Would be going up on the train, leaving Sat and returning Mon but from Bracker's comments on their size this shouldn't be a problem

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Hilton said:
I'm in N1 but I think we're sorted there with the banners from Bwian. I'm hoping to be in the ground quite early and I'm not in a rush to leave so if it's necessary I don't mind putting some up along other bits of the stand.

I've just looked at the seating plan-again (and my tickets). I am in U10 NOT U2 as previously thought (memo to self-never look at tickets and post location on NSC while pissed) so it would make sense for you guys in N1 to take a couple of the FFA banners otherwise 2 meet ups from opposite ends of the stadium could be a nightmare. Happy to let you guys take them though-somebody from the N1 posse PM me if a meet up is possible?

samparish said:
Would be going up on the train, leaving Sat and returning Mon but from Bracker's comments on their size this shouldn't be a problem
Correct. People will be amazed at how well these banners fold up into a small place. And the material is very strong as well.

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
Make that 51......The Albas had already ordered our own "Scotland wants Falmer" banner. I think we are in U9.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I could do N1, but if JMC is in the same block (as I suspect he is part of the same block booking that Wilko/Fatboy/Doza did) then it'd be just as easy for him to take them up on the coach. Guess we only need 1 in the block.

iNTERESTED...BUT TRAVELLING FROM e8 IN lONDON ON THE 10.00 AM FROM PADDINGTON, CAN ANYONE BRING ONE UP?

lc:wave:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Shit, I've got a hell of a lot of banners to make. And I'm making one for Palace to put up on Saturday.

Anyone got a needle and thread and a hole punch?!?!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports