FIFA Rankings. Seriously WTF?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
that kiddie in essex has hacked into FIFA now. a bit like matthew broderick changing that girls grade in War Games.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Is there ANYTHING about FIFA that doesn't appear to be either, bizarre, corrupt, or just plain stupid?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
4th BEST in the world :clap: Well done England XXX

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
It's all based on results, not the quality of the opposition. In boxing a few years ago Don King promoted 12 fights for Peter McNeeley in 12 months against bums, he won them all. He then got a world ranking for when Mike Tyson fought him on his return to the ring. The fight sold out, lasted 1 round, and Tyson was back without breaking sweat.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
FFS. No wonder the England players act and think the way they do. They do absolutely f**k all and rise to 4th in the rankings.

Right, I'm going to sit on the beach, whinge and moan that I'm bored, or it's too hot or something and watch my stock rise.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's all based on results, not the quality of the opposition. .

Not so

"Fifa ranking points are accumulated according to results, the importance of the matches played and the strength of the opposing teams.

A team's total number of points is representative of a four-year period, calculated by the average number of points gained over the past 12 months and the average gained from older games, though that points total depreciates yearly."

terry1

Banned
Jun 19, 2011
Patcham
This is just shocking. Even as i proud Englishman i find these rankings completely out of touch. How the hell can we be above Brazil. We were shocking in the world cup and have been ever since.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
4th best in the World? Just laughable, we'd struggle to be 4th best in Western Europe

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You lot just need top accept the SHEEEEEEEBO was RIGHT when defending England all those months ago. And now I've been proved 100% factuly CORRECT :lol: :fishing: of course before some dullard bites :)

In all seriousness at least this may make some of you realise that there are more games than just the WC and the Euros - The QUALIFIERS do count for something :) And England qualified fantastically for the WC :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
More accurately we are 4th , behind Scotland , Wales and Northern Ireland :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports