Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FIFA Officials Arrested

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"The indictment alleges corruption that is rampant, systemic, and deep-rooted both abroad and here in the United States,"

Unbelievable. Right under our noses, and we never suspected a thing.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
"The indictment alleges corruption that is rampant, systemic, and deep-rooted both abroad and here in the United States,"

Unbelievable. Right under our noses, and we never suspected a thing.

I know - I feel a little silly now. How come nobody noticed?!?!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] mentioned that we need to be aware of the difference between FIFA officials and delegates. Which category does dear old Uncle Sepp fall into?

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Must say thank heavens that someone has finally had the balls to take on FIFA. Wish our and other European government and law enforcement agencies were doing this, although I am sure they have taken some part. Pains me to say it but well done to The Times, who along with some of the US based publications have provided a significant amount of information to the cause. I am sure that this is just the beginning, this is going to be quite a show. I must admit though, I am a little surprised by Jeffrey Webb's inclusion in all of this. He was one of the few senior members of the executive to request the recent investigation be published and has only very recently reached the higher echelons of FIFA. Going to be fascinating to see it all unravel and see exactly who did what.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I feel the only way to remove him...and the ridiculous World Cup in Qatar, is for all the major sponsors to face a worldwide boycott of their products from football fans. I wish it were possible to go this way.
That's why I started boycotting their sponsors last year.

"Well hey there, Mr Warner...can I call you Jackie? You got a real purty mouth. Top or bottom?"
Have you got a nasty memory you'd like to share?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Amazed there hasn't been a Downfall version yet. Why is it taking so long?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I would be unsurprised (putting it mildly) to find the arrests were due to Blatter throwing colleagues under the bus in a bid to protect himself. Allegedly, if this is deemed necessary.

Amazed there hasn't been a Downfall version yet. Why is it taking so long?
People have finally realised that repeating the same joke 50.000 times on the internet isn't funny? Hang on though, it can't be that...:)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Shocking allegations. Who'd have.....

Ah, sod that. It's like Christmas and winning promotion rolled in to one ain't it?:rock::rave::clap2::banana::unclesam::whisky::goal::vuvu:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I think Sepp might need one of these.. NC0100Better_Call_Saul_card__69813.1410918753.1280.1280.jpg

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Oh no, if the US authorities are involved, this won't be a slap on the wrist. Judging by some of the charges, if found guilty, they're going to go down for a long time

Not too much "everything American bashing" on NSC today? It's a gross humiliation that this wasn't dealt with earlier or by an entity much closer to football's core. Hopefully when many of you are slating the Yanks in the future you might recall that they are the ones cleaning up the beautiful game.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
FIFA welcomes actions that can help contribute to rooting out any wrongdoing in football. We understand that today’s actions by the Swiss Federal Office of Justice on behalf of the US authorities and the Swiss Office of the Attorney General (initiated by FIFA through the submission of the file on the 2018/2022 FIFA World Cup bidding process) relate to different matters.

Firstly, the arrest of six individuals this morning in Zurich concerns investigations by the US Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of the State of New York. The Swiss authorities, acting on behalf of their US counterparts, arrested the individuals for activities carried out in relation with CONCACAF and CONMEBOL business.

The second instance follows FIFA’s initiative of presenting the file on the 2018/2022 FIFA World Cup™ bidding process to the Swiss Office of the Attorney General in November 2014. The authorities are taking the opportunity of the FIFA Congress to interview those FIFA Executive Committee members who are not Swiss residents who voted back in 2010 and are still in office.

Today, the Swiss Office of the Attorney General announced that it has opened criminal proceedings against persons unknown in relation to the 2018/2022 FIFA World Cup™ bidding process. FIFA is fully cooperating with the investigation and is supporting the collection of evidence in this regard. As noted by the Swiss authorities, this collection of evidence is being carried out on a cooperative basis.

We are pleased to see that the investigation is being energetically pursued for the good of football and believe that it will help to reinforce measures that FIFA has already taken.

+++

Unbelievable. Do you think they actually believe any of that?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Not too much "everything American bashing" on NSC today? It's a gross humiliation that this wasn't dealt with earlier or by an entity much closer to football's core. Hopefully when many of you are slating the Yanks in the future you might recall that they are the ones cleaning up the beautiful game.

Agree.

And I still hope they (or Australia, get the 2022 WC)

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I am actually loving today watching this unfold. I will never forget the feeling of inceduality that I had when watching "that" World Cup draw.
Perfect scenario for me would be for both Russia & Qatar to lose their WC's & all of the FIFA committee to be forced out.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
FIFA welcomes actions that can help contribute to rooting out any wrongdoing in football. We understand that today’s actions by the Swiss Federal Office of Justice on behalf of the US authorities and the Swiss Office of the Attorney General (initiated by FIFA through the submission of the file on the 2018/2022 FIFA World Cup bidding process) relate to different matters.

Firstly, the arrest of six individuals this morning in Zurich concerns investigations by the US Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of the State of New York. The Swiss authorities, acting on behalf of their US counterparts, arrested the individuals for activities carried out in relation with CONCACAF and CONMEBOL business.

The second instance follows FIFA’s initiative of presenting the file on the 2018/2022 FIFA World Cup™ bidding process to the Swiss Office of the Attorney General in November 2014. The authorities are taking the opportunity of the FIFA Congress to interview those FIFA Executive Committee members who are not Swiss residents who voted back in 2010 and are still in office.

Today, the Swiss Office of the Attorney General announced that it has opened criminal proceedings against persons unknown in relation to the 2018/2022 FIFA World Cup™ bidding process. FIFA is fully cooperating with the investigation and is supporting the collection of evidence in this regard. As noted by the Swiss authorities, this collection of evidence is being carried out on a cooperative basis.

We are pleased to see that the investigation is being energetically pursued for the good of football and believe that it will help to reinforce measures that FIFA has already taken.

+++

Unbelievable. Do you think they actually believe any of that?

Just posted on different thread-----Blatter is a dead man walking

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Wow this is a day to celebrate. Finally FIFA being held accountable. The U.S. are kicking their arse s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here