Fifa Ban England Football Team From Wearing Poppies On Their Kit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Do it anyway and bring the consequences on. It'll only cause more bad feeling towards FIFA as other countries take notice.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I find it hard to get worked up about the wearing or not of poppies. For me, it's like the silliness in America about wearing flag pins on their lapels. The respect I have for the armed forces is not dependant on whether or not I pin this little piece of apparel to my shirt.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i agree with this, because the reasoning is clear. the obvious way round it is to put a popey on the arm band.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Disgraceful decision by FIFA , a way around it is top wear armband with a poppy on it.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Poppy_Wristbands_AA20A7POCPOONE.jpg

a way to get around the issue

Fifa have seriously misjudged this one mind.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
What would the FIFA punishment be? probably just a fine - If so let the players decide and if they want to wear a shirt with a poppy then let them.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
The first world was was very political

We are remembering those who gave their lives in ALL conflicts, not the cause of, or the perpetrators of those conflicts. That commemoration is above politics.

FIFA's decision is shameful but no surprise coming from them! I, too, would urge the FA to ignore them!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that the players etc should all sport a poppy on their tracksuit tops for the line up, national anthem etc and then take them off before starting the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports