Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa Ban England Football Team From Wearing Poppies On Their Kit

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
So why're club teams allowed to do it then? It's respect at the end of the day, FIFA are a joke.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
FIFA statement, re England team / wearing poppies..

FIFA.com - Statement on England shirts and the use of the poppy

just posted via twitter..

FIFA fully acknowledges the significance of the Poppy Appeal and the ways in which it helps commemorate Remembrance Day on 11 November each year.

As a multinational organisation comprising over 50 different nationalities, the significance of this date will also be observed by many of its employees, who will remember family members too.

FIFA's Regulations regarding Players' Equipment are that they should not carry any political, religious or commercial messages.

FIFA has 208 Member Associations and the same regulations are applied globally, and uniformally, in the event of similar requests by other nations to commemorate historical events.

FIFA has been in regular contact with The FA in recent weeks regarding their request for the poppy emblem to be worn on the national shirt.

FIFA understands the wish of The FA to respect and commemorate the lives of members of their armed forces, and following further correspondence has approved The FA's request for a minute's silence to be observed prior to kick-off, when England host the reigning European and World champions Spain at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 12 November.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I could almost understand it if we were playing Germany but this is a(nother) poor decision by blatter and his buddies.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
:censored: if our services had not fought the chances are that there would be no FIFA. Wear them anyway and wear them with pride.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
There's no need to have them on the playing kit. They have them on the training kit, surely the respect can shown from that.

I dont think thats the point..the fact that they have said you cant wear them...
Its about time we sttod up to FIFA... I think if the FA had balls we should tell fifa to get stuffed...wear the poppies! What can fifa do to us if we do?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
FIFA's Regulations regarding Players' Equipment are that they should not carry any political, religious or commercial messages.

In which case, what is the problem with wearing poppies? For me it is not politcal, religious or commercial to remember and pay respect to the war dead.

Honestly believe the FA should just say bollocks to FIFA and let the team wear them anyway. This sucks big time.

FIFA = bunch of :tosser:

guster

Jul 13, 2011
West Stand Lower
I dont think thats the point..the fact that they have said you cant wear them...
Its about time we sttod up to FIFA... I think if the FA had balls we should tell fifa to get stuffed...wear the poppies! What can fifa do to us if we do?

How long have England been wearing poppies on the playing kit? is it a long traditional or a new thing? (i honestly dont know)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The FA should now recommend that all players wear a poppy, in fact they should have a poppy on an armband to wear on the pitch. f*** the corrupt organisation that is FIFA

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
How long have England been wearing poppies on the playing kit? is it a long traditional or a new thing? (i honestly dont know)

I think its only in the last 4/5 years that league/premier clubs would specially design them into the shirt, I presume this is the first time the England team has played close to remembrace day since
these sort of designs were thought of...
Its a right/choice to wear a poppy to say a big thank you to past/serving people in the forces & it raises money for them.i think we should all be outraged & send emails
to the fa to say English people will wear poppies if we want to & to tell fifa to get fooked

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I could almost understand it if we were playing Germany but this is a(nother) poor decision by blatter and his buddies.

What's that got to do with it? As far as I am aware, Germany have a rememberance service as well, and quite rightly. Rememberance Sunday is not just about the two world wars anymore. As far as the ban is concerned, I don't see how it falls into any of the three categories, ie political, commercial nor religious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here