Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 14

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Personally I like it. Fifa 13 was rediculously easy regardless of difficulty setting. All you had to do was get a pacy winger, blitz it down the wing, cut in and shoot and 9/10 it would be a goal. The build up play in 14 is far more realistic and you can't just rely on speed. You have to rely on strength and agression a lot more and the touches are far more realisitc meaning the oppositions defense isn't as easy to break down. I'm not a huge fan of the new scouting system in career but apart from that it's a fairly decent upgrade on 13. Not a huge one that warrants spending £40 mind you, but still better. Gameplay looks nicer too IMO.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I started a career as Man City and play the most PATIENT football ever seen. Just WAITING for the moment when NAVAS makes a SPURT and then play him in.

The game is SO much harder but it feels that much better when you score a goal on Legendary as you KNOW you thought about it and didnt just run down the wing like before.

Yaya is a beast on the game.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
In your opinion. I'm really enjoying the game play and new transfer market. I'm already totally hooked on the game.

I love the transfer market now. You really have to research your players and I also love the option to scout based on years left on contract.

People like Xabi Alonso, Lewandowski and Agger are all on their last year so they are cheaper to buy.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Personally I like it. Fifa 13 was rediculously easy regardless of difficulty setting. All you had to do was get a pacy winger, blitz it down the wing, cut in and shoot and 9/10 it would be a goal. The build up play in 14 is far more realistic and you can't just rely on speed. You have to rely on strength and agression a lot more and the touches are far more realisitc meaning the oppositions defense isn't as easy to break down. I'm not a huge fan of the new scouting system in career but apart from that it's a fairly decent upgrade on 13. Not a huge one that warrants spending £40 mind you, but still better. Gameplay looks nicer too IMO.

This.

I started a career as Man City and play the most PATIENT football ever seen. Just WAITING for the moment when NAVAS makes a SPURT and then play him in.

The game is SO much harder but it feels that much better when you score a goal on Legendary as you KNOW you thought about it and didnt just run down the wing like before.

Yaya is a beast on the game.

And this. The only bad thing for me so far about Fifa 14 is that it makes me really wish I hadn't wasted nearly £40 on Fifa 13...

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I remember finding out the glitch of how to always score on indoor football with Bergkamp.

It ruined it for me...:ffsparr:

Which glitch was that? I spent many a day on that and never found the glitch. i thought I knew the game inside out. By far the best FIFA ever for me, and I loved the music on it as well.

With regards to 14, I think it is great. I love the fact that it is so hard and after a hard fought 2-1 win away at Watford I can sit back and be quite pleased with grinding out the win I realise this makes me a bit of a loser as I shouldn't ake a computer game that seriously). There are a couple of things that I'll need to get to grips with, and the scouting system is a bt of a challenge but ultimately I am rather happy with the purchase.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
There are a couple of things that I'll need to get to grips with, and the scouting system is a bt of a challenge but ultimately I am rather happy with the purchase.

I started a career as Arsenal (which I quit after 3 games as I wanted a team with more money!) and I made the HORRENDOUS mistake of sending my scout to Brazil whilst having the overall instruction set to "any".

I was BOMBARDED with useless players.

I think I understand it fully now. You set 4 or 5 aims in scout instructions screen. ie
Aim 1 - a striker, tall, first team quality
Aim 2 - A left back, quick, stamina
Aim 3 - Anyone with 1 year remaining, first team quality.

and then you send your 4 or 5 scouts to different countries and they ONLY search for players under the 3 aims that you have set.

Seems simple enough but it took me a while to figure that out!

I also had NO IDEA where my negotiations screen was and was going bonkers. Finally realised you flick along to the "sell players" bit and then use the right stiick to move that along to "negotiations". Now I know it it all seems very clever, but at the time I was going mental.

Aug 21, 2011
Picked up a used copy FIFA 13 from Game in Worthing on Saturday for the sum of £5.99. I was in the queue with the crazy kids picking up 14 for over £40!! some the ultimate edition for nearly £60!!!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I started a career as Arsenal (which I quit after 3 games as I wanted a team with more money!) and I made the HORRENDOUS mistake of sending my scout to Brazil whilst having the overall instruction set to "any".

I was BOMBARDED with useless players.

I think I understand it fully now. You set 4 or 5 aims in scout instructions screen. ie
Aim 1 - a striker, tall, first team quality
Aim 2 - A left back, quick, stamina
Aim 3 - Anyone with 1 year remaining, first team quality.

and then you send your 4 or 5 scouts to different countries and they ONLY search for players under the 3 aims that you have set.

Seems simple enough but it took me a while to figure that out!

I also had NO IDEA where my negotiations screen was and was going bonkers. Finally realised you flick along to the "sell players" bit and then use the right stiick to move that along to "negotiations". Now I know it it all seems very clever, but at the time I was going mental.

I was starting to get to that stage. I started with Brighton and set on scout to England and 'Any' I must have had the entire Northampton and Oxford squads come through. I have started to get my head round it and you have just made me think that when I get home I should change my filter of all expiring contracts to say first team quality or I will be in the same situation again!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
For some reason I had passing, shooting etc etc on manual?! I've changed it all to assisted which I believe is correct???? Someone help!!!!!!??

Pls pls pls some kind person look on controller settings and tell me what their passing shooting crossing etc is on. Is it all 'assisted' including crossing? There's manual, assisted or semi for each one and I wanna know the default settings vs pls...

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I'm so shocked about all of these reviews. I loved FIFA 13, how did they get it so wrong!!!
Still have yet to play FIFA 14 it I'm just hoping its much better on the next gen consoles.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
So it's taken to today to see some positive reviews on FIFA 14. There's no doubting it the best football game out there. The jump from 11 to 12 was obvious for all to see. Fantastic game. I was amazed when 13 surpassed 12 with the same stride as the previous edition. For me 14 isn't a massive cut above 13 although it is very solid in the way it plays. I can see why people would begrudge paying out yet another £40 for what some would simply see as an upgrade but for me I'm enjoying it & I can see it having simular last ability as previous years. E.g 12 months although GTA 5 may have to be purchased at some point this season

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Very much this for me. I liked FIFA 13, but it was too easy and some of the positional play was ridiculous. FIFA 14, whilst not entirely addressing it, is an improvement and is a lot more difficult.

Prefer FIFA 14

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
From what I've read the next-gen version is, in terms of gameplay, noticeably superior to the PS3/360 versions; the full physics engine helps

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
From what I've read the next-gen version is, in terms of gameplay, noticeably superior to the PS3/360 versions; the full physics engine helps

That makes me a little more happy now after reading the poor reviews. I don't know to many people though who is getting the xbox one like me.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea

i hope so, because its not just the gameplay or transfer's i found subpar, but the lag and time it takes to do anything like go through the menus on career mode.

has anyone had issues with for example, when your looking at players that your scout has recommended, and when you click down one player, and it skips down 2? it takes me ages to look at players.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Loving the game.

The only problem I have in my career mode is I keep conceding goals from crosses as I can't seem to win any headers against AI. Have they changed something with heading? Also I seem to have a habit of giving away soft penalties by just gently nudging their strikers.

It is definitely more of a challenge on legendary than 13. Ulloa and Bridcutt are quality though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here