Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 14

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Around 2003 to 2009ish it absolutely SMASHED Fifa to pieces. It was a phenomenal game.

I remember the idea of triple tapping the cross button and firing one in LOW with Roberto Carlos being amazing. And you could actually shoot from distance with someone LIKE carlos and it wouldnt balloon into the sky like on Fifa and you could take a Roberto Carlos freekick and he would do the MASSIVE run up...

I think I liked R.Carlos...
Roberto Larcos, you mean. :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
For some reason I had passing, shooting etc etc on manual?! I've changed it all to assisted which I believe is correct???? Someone help!!!!!!??

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Got this for my son and he's been playing constantly for two days. He's new to the game though and wants to change the team to put his favourite player Ashley Barnes in it. He can see he's in the squad but can't see how to select the team, how do you do it?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Got this for my son and he's been playing constantly for two days. He's new to the game though and wants to change the team to put his favourite player Ashley Barnes in it. He can see he's in the squad but can't see how to select the team, how do you do it?

Go to "Team management" before the games starts?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Just completed GTA today so started on Fifa, to say its a let down is an understatement.

I cant believe that in the transfer market you cant find out a players overall rating (you have to scout them) and even when you have scouted them you still dont know the overall rating of a player, you just find out their attributes. You also cant state the wage or transfer value of a player you want (to my knowledge). The game has also froze on me once, and the delay when you wanna scroll through the menus or squad is terrible.

Also annoying is the camera view, it's too far out, I cant get the old view I had for the last few games and the game play is to slow to.

EA have fu*cked up last couple years, the main problem is the transfer market though, its so sh!t not knowing a players overall rating before buying them, or being able to specify the wage and transfer bracket you wanna search for a player in.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Just completed GTA today so started on Fifa, to say its a let down is an understatement.

I cant believe that in the transfer market you cant find out a players overall rating (you have to scout them) and even when you have scouted them you still dont know the overall rating of a player, you just find out their attributes. You also cant state the wage or transfer value of a player you want (to my knowledge). The game has also froze on me once, and the delay when you wanna scroll through the menus or squad is terrible.

Also annoying is the camera view, it's too far out, I cant get the old view I had for the last few games and the game play is to slow to.

EA have fu*cked up last couple years, the main problem is the transfer market though, its so sh!t not knowing a players overall rating before buying them, or being able to specify the wage and transfer bracket you wanna search for a player in.

In your opinion. I'm really enjoying the game play and new transfer market. I'm already totally hooked on the game.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
In your opinion. I'm really enjoying the game play and new transfer market. I'm already totally hooked on the game.

Yeah it is my opinion, and every person Ive spoken to. People in the barber shop where saying the same thing. Although people are saying on the game play and lagging thing side of things is because its more geared towards the PS4.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I think the new scouting system is shit and doesn't work properly. One of my scouts for example came up with Juan Carlos Garcia from Wigan, but the only options given to me were to either scout him further or remove him from the shortlist. So I kept scouting him further, waiting for the option to make an enquiry or approach to sign him, but it never came! All it would let me do is keep on scouting him further until I couldn't even do that anymore. So I decided to do a manual search for him instead, maybe I'd be able to make an offer that way, but no, according to the search engine the player doesn't even exist, the results came back with nothing - and that's after searching for him by name and club!

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I think the new scouting system is shit and doesn't work properly. One of my scouts for example came up with Juan Carlos Garcia from Wigan, but the only options given to me were to either scout him further or remove him from the shortlist. So I kept scouting him further, waiting for the option to make an enquiry or approach to sign him, but it never came! All it would let me do is keep on scouting him further until I couldn't even do that anymore. So I decided to do a manual search for him instead, maybe I'd be able to make an offer that way, but no, according to the search engine the player doesn't even exist, the results came back with nothing - and that's after searching for him by name and club!

yeah its bollocks, did you ever get an overall rating for him after all that scouting?

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
No, he was scouted 3 times I think, then told he couldn't be scouted anymore, and no overall rating which would have been useful to compare with my squad

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
I have yet to play it. All I'm hearing is bad stuff. Does not look good for when I receive it on my xbox one

I usually love every fifa and tbh this really isnt very good, its starting to look more unrealistic and slightly cartoony, ulloa looked more like ulloa in fifa 13. Theres hardly any uprade except for nicer looking menus, the crowd sing the same 2 chants which gets massively annoying. The players touch is slightly more realistic.

I bought both fifa and gta for the same price and the difference of value for money is MASSIVE. I might not get fifa next year until i rent it to see what its like, such a shame :(

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
unfortunately it looks like FIFA is going the way of every other EA game in terms of lack of progression every year - if so, it means they will remove features, and re-introduce them 3 years later as something new

however, hard to jump on them quite yet until we see what the next-gen versions are like

I have FIFA 12, and having read reviews was torn between getting FIFA and Pro Evo. Played both demos last night (Xbox 360) and Pro Evo was terrible compared to FIFA. I understand that they are really quite different styles, but the graphics in Pro Evo are a massive dealbreaker for me. They honestly look about 8 years old - attempts at 'realistic' looking players just ending up looking completely and totally wrong. I quite liked the slower pace (although I thought the momentum mechanic was massively overdone) but I really can't get over the graphics and presentation.

However, having read the pretty average reviews on here I'm wondering about picking up FIFA 13 on the cheap rather than going to 14. Would that be a worthwhile upgrade, and if so is there any way of downloading squad updates to incorporate the latest transfers?

Dec 29, 2011
However, having read the pretty average reviews on here I'm wondering about picking up FIFA 13 on the cheap rather than going to 14. Would that be a worthwhile upgrade, and if so is there any way of downloading squad updates to incorporate the latest transfers?

I'd say get 13. It still has a large following and getting a game online or on FUT won't be an issue. The fact you can't download a new squad update (to use in competitive online matches) is the reason most people buy FIFA 14. However I think you can get squad changes to use in online friendlies and all offline modes.

Read some of these glowing reviews if you still fancy buying it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-rev...iewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here