Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fickle fans...

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
I'm fed up with reading about all the players we are missing out on when no one knows what's going on behind the scenes

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You are right I have never achieved Tony's amazing heights (who on here has!?), but that doesn't mean I, like many others on here, am not entitled to voice my valid concerns.

I am glad you recognise that there are problems at our beloved club. Unfortunately, there seem to be plenty of fans happy to wait and wait and wait, with not a word from our fantastic Chairman in over 3 weeks!! Well, nobody's perfect, and Tony's silence in all of this is deafening, and a poor show IMHO. There I've said it.

Believe me, I have previously shown more appreciation of and empathy for what Tony has done for our club than our soon-to-be-ex-manager ever has (please see earlier posts), but the current wall of silence punctured by Barber's badly-worded pronouncements IS a mistake IMHO.

Oh, and that is NOTHING to do with me needing to 'grow up'.
I was a bit over the top. Sorry, guess frustration getting to us all :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm fed up with reading about all the players we are missing out on when no one knows what's going on behind the scenes

I actually think we need to find the next bridge rather than the current one. Plenty of experienced and quality out there, sure we'll get someone with a bit of class like Wayne. Hopefully at sensible price too - only parachute payment club could afford him realistically. We had a good season longing loan but they'll be others.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I actually think we need to find the next bridge rather than the current one. Plenty of experienced and quality out there, sure we'll get someone with a bit of class like Wayne. Hopefully at sensible price too - only parachute payment club could afford him realistically. We had a good season longing loan but they'll be others.

Where are these experienced and quality players you talk about? Plenty of them you said......... Name a few we could have...as good as Wayne bridge...... That don't cost 40k a week plus.....

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Where are these experienced and quality players you talk about? Plenty of them you said......... Name a few we could have...as good as Wayne bridge...... That don't cost 40k a week plus.....

I think it is clear we won't have a left back as good as Bridge this season. I assume the point he is making is we should be investing in an up and coming player who would be able to play for us for years. If we had got Bridge and we had gone up this year, we would have had a 34 year old left back who hadn't played regular Premier League football for a long time or we would be faced with the prospect of getting another left back in. If we can invest in a new young player, it might take longer to go up but we will be in a better position when we do.

As for the general situation, I do understand the original poster's view and agree that we have been through much worst. However, we had such a good end to last season that it seems like a real shame that we are letting slip this opportunity to build on that. I agree that a mid table finish next year wouldn't be the end of the world but having progressed so far in such a short time, a lot of fans hoped for more.

In all honesty, I would like to fast forward eight weeks to the start of the season so we can talk about the new manager, new team and start watching matches again rather than facing this endless silence during pre season.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I think it is clear we won't have a left back as good as Bridge this season. I assume the point he is making is we should be investing in an up and coming player who would be able to play for us for years. If we had got Bridge and we had gone up this year, we would have had a 34 year old left back who hadn't played regular Premier League football for a long time or we would be faced with the prospect of getting another left back in. If we can invest in a new young player, it might take longer to go up but we will be in a better position when we do.

As for the general situation, I do understand the original poster's view and agree that we have been through much worst. However, we had such a good end to last season that it seems like a real shame that we are letting slip this opportunity to build on that. I agree that a mid table finish next year wouldn't be the end of the world but having progressed so far in such a short time, a lot of fans hoped for more.

In all honesty, I would like to fast forward eight weeks to the start of the season so we can talk about the new manager, new team and start watching matches again rather than facing this endless silence during pre season.

Hi finchley. I personally think bridge would have been perfect for us had we gone up. For his age, he was one of the fittest players there IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here