Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fickle fans...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I don't even know what they are moaning about. Maybe they don't either?

Some people are only happy when they're moaning. I suspect there are more than a few that enjoy it when we lose, as it gives them more ammunition to whinge. These are generally people who never achieved anything in their own lives.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If there was nothing to moan about NSC would have to close down for 6 weeks. Nothing like a few binfests to get us through the off season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are that many actually moaning though? It seems more like worry and insecurity about next season to me rather than outright moaning

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
All you lot moaning about the Albion at the moment are doing my head in. As Brighton fans we have been through a LOT worse than not having a manager for 3 weeks in the summer. All those times in the 90's where we all stuck together, all those games in the Withdean era where we all got soaked watching the Albion or going to places like Tranmere or Carlisle to follow the team. All of a sudden we lose to Palace and the chairman suspends the manager and loads of people come out saying they can't be bothered anymore or they are losing the love for the team. Get a bloody grip!

If the introduction of a membership scheme that won't affect 90% of people on here is enough to make you fall out of love with football then you really can't be that into it in the first place. Yes its not been an ideal few weeks but are things really that bad?

We are one of the top teams in the Championship with a wonderful stadium and the higest average attendance in the league and probably will do next year as well. We have 23,000 season ticket holders at the club, we have some of the best players that have been at this club for decades. We have a board that are actively bringing the club forward and getting ready to challenge with the big boys.

A LOT of you need to have a long look in the mirror and decide if football is really for you anymore.

Absolutely "spot on" Best post for ages. In Tony Bloom the club is in good hands. However, it won't be long before this thread is hijacked by the moaning minnies.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
All you lot moaning about the Albion at the moment are doing my head in. As Brighton fans we have been through a LOT worse than not having a manager for 3 weeks in the summer. All those times in the 90's where we all stuck together, all those games in the Withdean era where we all got soaked watching the Albion or going to places like Tranmere or Carlisle to follow the team. All of a sudden we lose to Palace and the chairman suspends the manager and loads of people come out saying they can't be bothered anymore or they are losing the love for the team. Get a bloody grip!

If the introduction of a membership scheme that won't affect 90% of people on here is enough to make you fall out of love with football then you really can't be that into it in the first place. Yes its not been an ideal few weeks but are things really that bad?

We are one of the top teams in the Championship with a wonderful stadium and the higest average attendance in the league and probably will do next year as well. We have 23,000 season ticket holders at the club, we have some of the best players that have been at this club for decades. We have a board that are actively bringing the club forward and getting ready to challenge with the big boys.

A LOT of you need to have a long look in the mirror and decide if football is really for you anymore.

Please get over yourself.

Our current situation is a shambles, an embarrassment, and will fast turn into a disaster through lack of planning for the new season. Tony needs to act, and act fast. Only one realistic option now, offload Gus soonest, and replace him with an equivalent or better manager.

Get your head out of the sand.

The true fans recognise our current plight, rather than try to paper over the cracks with BS posts like yours.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Some people are only happy when they're moaning. I suspect there are more than a few that enjoy it when we lose, as it gives them more ammunition to whinge. These are generally people who never achieved anything in their own lives.

Absolute rubbish.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh, and BTW, I have been supporting the Albion for almost 40 years, so don't say I'm a fickle fan for being concerned about the current debacle.

If we had all sat there and said nothing when Archer and Bellotti were in charge, then we wouldn't have a club to support. And no, I'm not comparing the current regime with that one - I'm a MASSIVE Tony fan, just pointing out that fans are entitled to express their concerns when the club is facing a problem, and that there is value in doing so.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The point is this - those who have seen worse and stuck together through the 90s aren't moaning. The JCLs are because they haven't seen worse or when they last did they deserted the club.

Just don't listen to em. Crisis? What crisis? Have we sold the ground? Times were when the entire club was at the Old Bailey. Now it's just the reserve squad.

Enjoy the summer and stop fretting. Ow no, another season in the championship or lower? What like our entire history bar 4 years?!! Laughable.

Fickle fans

Disappointed.:down:

I thought this thread had been posted by CPFC2010 and aimed towards the Palace posters on here.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Absolute rubbish.

Your quote is - plenty of people enjoy moaning all the time and have never achieved anything in life. And I'm one of them so I've trumped you my friend! Game set and match Portlock.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Our current situation is a shambles, an embarrassment, and will fast turn into a disaster through lack of planning for the new season. Tony needs to act, and act fast. Only one realistic option now, offload Gus soonest, and replace him with an equivalent or better manager.

The true fans recognise our current plight, rather than try to paper over the cracks with BS posts like yours.

Listen to yourself - pot and kettle!! Get over yourself telling tony needs to get a handle on the situation, like he's lying in a beach ignorant of the situation at the £120million pound plus investment HE has made. When was the last time you ran a multiple million pound enterprise? True fan? Plastic nappy wetter more like. Grow up, your as bad in your reaction as those at the other end of the spectrum saying everything is marvellous which it clearly isn't.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Basically this goes to show that there is no 'right or wrong' in these circumstances, simply opinion. Having watched BHA since 1972, I can say that last season was as exciting in parts as ever, yet one still comes away with a little niggle asking 'have we blown our chance' or even more importantly 'did we really want to go up anyhow'?
Hopefully the uncertainty over next year's personnel at both playing AND coaching level will soon be resolved, and the new season can be embraced with renewed vigour by the massive fan base we have.
Forget memberships, cold pies, clackers, platics, JCLs etc etc, once the season starts we can get back to the usual 'what the hell is HE playing there for' and 'should have made a change earlier'.
Albion have been a major part of my life both man and boy, and will continue to do so long after my Season Ticket has been returned 'In Memoriam'.
Who knows, in a few years the summer break may have debates about League 2 mediocrity, or our 2nd season in Europe.
What keeps us coming back IS the uncertainty, we all have views and that's what Forums like this are for.

One thing is for certain, I will be acting well below my years screaming and shouting come 2013/2014 with my own perfect views on how a club SHOULD be run from top to bottom!

:albion2:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The events of this Summer could be good, if a load of these whingers and Gus-lovees stop 'supporting' the Albion, and move back to their premier league clubs like Chelski.

We may have slightly lower gates? But the atmostsphere may improve, with patience by the remaining fans who are able to acknowledge club's fantastic progress over the last few years.

All with a new manager, who will be elated to run such a great and rising club, with its fantastic owner, in the beautiful county of Sussex.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013

yes, the sooner the 'true fans' can resume shouting 'lump it forward!' the better

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think the thing that gets me the most is the idea that Bloom doesn't know what he is doing. We are where we are because of him. Got absolute faith in him. As Weststander says above, maybe a little dose of reality might be good. I'd be worried if we had a different chairman.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Your quote is - plenty of people enjoy moaning all the time and have never achieved anything in life. And I'm one of them so I've trumped you my friend! Game set and match Portlock.

LoL! :smile:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Listen to yourself - pot and kettle!! Get over yourself telling tony needs to get a handle on the situation, like he's lying in a beach ignorant of the situation at the £120million pound plus investment HE has made. When was the last time you ran a multiple million pound enterprise? True fan? Plastic nappy wetter more like. Grow up, your as bad in your reaction as those at the other end of the spectrum saying everything is marvellous which it clearly isn't.

You are right I have never achieved Tony's amazing heights (who on here has!?), but that doesn't mean I, like many others on here, am not entitled to voice my valid concerns.

I am glad you recognise that there are problems at our beloved club. Unfortunately, there seem to be plenty of fans happy to wait and wait and wait, with not a word from our fantastic Chairman in over 3 weeks!! Well, nobody's perfect, and Tony's silence in all of this is deafening, and a poor show IMHO. There I've said it.

Believe me, I have previously shown more appreciation of and empathy for what Tony has done for our club than our soon-to-be-ex-manager ever has (please see earlier posts), but the current wall of silence punctured by Barber's badly-worded pronouncements IS a mistake IMHO.

Oh, and that is NOTHING to do with me needing to 'grow up'.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
yes, the sooner the 'true fans' can resume shouting 'lump it forward!' the better

Is Tony Pullis our new manager then!? Please noooo.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Midweek at Withdean, light drizzle, crap food, can't get in The Sportsman, .... remember that?

I think the majority of us remember where we've come from that's not the issue, It's where we're heading that's causing the concern.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here