Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS linked to Bolton

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Murray's wife Stacey on Twitter "Bolton? where to people pluck these rumours from?".

Pulis played Murray at Centre Half last night!
Hardly the place you would put someone if you had plans for them.....
Is Pulis nudging him out......

As has been said earlier, due to family reasons, I very much doubt he will move anywhere that isn't commutable from Brighton. Main reason being his new wife has a kid from a previous marriage, which ties them to Brighton as the Dad lives here.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As has been said earlier, due to family reasons, I very much doubt he will move anywhere that isn't commutable from Brighton. Main reason being his new wife has a kid from a previous marriage, which ties them to Brighton as the Dad lives here.

Exactly. He's settled in Brighton now. I don't know why people didn't think about this when he joined Palace. We may see it as the act of a judas but it's actually exactly the same as me getting made redundant from a job in the centre of Brighton and taking a new one in East Croydon so that I don't have to relocate the family and I get five minutes with the kids before their bed time. LOTS of people do it.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat too.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Exactly. He's settled in Brighton now. I don't know why people didn't think about this when he joined Palace. We may see it as the act of a judas but it's actually exactly the same as me getting made redundant from a job in the centre of Brighton and taking a new one in East Croydon so that I don't have to relocate the family and I get five minutes with the kids before their bed time. LOTS of people do it.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat too.

Indeed for some reason (and I'm entirely guilty of it too!) we assume that footballers don't have a normal (or abnormal) family life like the rest of us, and that they will move across the country or to another country just like that. It's why I think we are at somewhat of a disadvantage being in the very south of england.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
My heart says yes to Murray I'd love it.

My head says 31 year old recovering from a major injury who will be on big wages.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
He can take a penalty as well.

Must say I have never really been too sure about this penalty taking skills, He has missed a few for us.

Can't see him moving north, But could see him returning to Brighton if we could replace him with a younger and more mobile version of Glenn. Will always be a Palace hero though.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Must say I have never really been too sure about this penalty taking skills, He has missed a few for us.

Can't see him moving north, But could see him returning to Brighton if we could replace him with a younger and more mobile version of Glenn. Will always be a Palace hero though.

Weren't there at least 10 of his 31 of the promotion season from penalties? I always thought he was a decent taker.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Your board seem to be like ours, trying to keep things realistic & not wanting to pay over the odds (mostly...except when signing players from Peterborough, it seems). If that means it takes time, it upsets a few drama queens, but some of us are quite happy so long as we get there in the end.

Though Holloway did make some absolutely cack late signings, you have to admit :)

Dwight Gayle is worth every penny of the £8m we might eventually have to pay. Superb player.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Weren't there at least 10 of his 31 of the promotion season from penalties? I always thought he was a decent taker.

He missed some too though.

He wasn't convincing at penalties when he played for us. Obviously had plenty of practice since signing for Palace though.

Well well well not a single Palarse in the entire thread Wtf? A bit of respect perhaps:lolol: As you all know FFS should never ever been allowed to go on a free to Palace, As much as it pains me to say it he owes Bha some of his last years, he made his name as a goal machine at the Withdean so going back to hep the club win promotion is probably what will happen :(
He had never said a bad word against you nor has He ever celebrated goals against you, even when Wilf scored the goals at the Amex you could see he wasn't enjoying it.
If he does come back I have no doubt he'll fire you into the Prem :ffsparr: Obviously I hope we keep him at least another year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here