Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS linked to Bolton

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This tells me that if GM genuinely would like to play for us again, and if the albion want him back then a deal is there to be done.

Depends on Palace, I'd have said no, but then again, it appears that they were lined up to have sold him back to us two seasons ago (after his six goal first season at Selhurst), so perhaps they might be open to it.

Bit of a Palace hero these days though, so I wonder if their board would prefer to flog him to anyone rather than us. Freedman is just building an empire of Palace, Charlton and Millwall cast offs up at Bolton: I think Murray would take it to eight so far.

Quinny

Banned
Jul 27, 2014
How many in the season before?

Fair shout but I know quite a few Palace lads and they were saying in his first season Freedman didn't play to his strengths at all, and played very narrow. In the promotion season they said when he played Zaha and Bolasie on either flank he was a revelation

Quinny

Banned
Jul 27, 2014
Depends on Palace, I'd have said no, but then again, it appears that they were lined up to have sold him back to us two seasons ago (after his six goal first season at Selhurst), so perhaps they might be open to it.

Bit of a Palace hero these days though, so I wonder if their board would prefer to flog him to anyone rather than us. Freedman is just building an empire of Palace, Charlton and Millwall cast offs up at Bolton: I think Murray would take it to eight so far.

Why would they really care? They are a Premiership club now and I am guessing that if Brighton or whoever met their valuation of him (not to say they want to sell him of course) then they would do business

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why would they really care? They are a Premiership club now and I am guessing that if Brighton or whoever met their valuation of him (not to say they want to sell him of course) then they would do business

I realise that, but part of me thinks there might just be a small voice in their heads inclined to say no, simply out of spite (or, more likely, to avoid any bad PR with their fans, some of whom might be annoyed). While I think they've moved on from Murray on the pitch, their fans still wouldn't want to risk him being successful for us: they'd rather he sat on their bench, not playing, than that.

Quinny

Banned
Jul 27, 2014
I realise that, but part of me thinks there might just be a small voice in their heads inclined to say no, simply out of spite (or, more likely, to avoid any bad PR with their fans, some of whom might be annoyed). While I think they've moved on from Murray on the pitch, their fans still wouldn't want to risk him being successful for us: they'd rather he sat on their bench, not playing, than that.

I am guessing if they are in the market for what they see as an upgrade on Murray then they would listen to offers. They have just signed Frazier Campbell who in my opinion is a top signing for them

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I am guessing if they are in the market for what they see as an upgrade on Murray then they would listen to offers. They have just signed Frazier Campbell who in my opinion is a top signing for them

I'm not sure what they can expect from Campbell, to be honest. Always struck me as one of those (see also David Nugent, Rob Hulse etc) capable of tearing up the Championship but no higher. Time will tell I guess. They do seem to be struggling to get players in, bearing in mind their relative success last season. Someone like Gylfi Sigurdsson opted to relocate to Swansea rather than sign for Palace, across London from his previous team (yes I know he's played for the Swans before), and made what appeared to be a fairly pointed comment on signing, relating to Swansea's "footballing style".

We definitely haven't been the only ones getting twitchy about a perceived lack of signings (well, some of us).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He is 30, O'Grady is 29 I believe, who would you rather have?

Judas is 31 in September , O'Grady was 28 this January. He took his 30 pieces of silver , there is no way back.

It was all sorted to do a swap with Hoskins until Dicker broke Hoskins foot in Spain!
The rest is history.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I'm not sure what they can expect from Campbell, to be honest. Always struck me as one of those (see also David Nugent, Rob Hulse etc) capable of tearing up the Championship but no higher. Time will tell I guess. They do seem to be struggling to get players in, bearing in mind their relative success last season. Someone like Gylfi Sigurdsson opted to relocate to Swansea rather than sign for Palace, across London from his previous team (yes I know he's played for the Swans before), and made what appeared to be a fairly pointed comment on signing, relating to Swansea's "footballing style".

We definitely haven't been the only ones getting twitchy about a perceived lack of signings (well, some of us).

Campbell is 25, and has played and scored in the premier league. At £900 k, it's a no brainer, and we need at least 2 more forwards to replace who have moved on.
Siggurdsson was never going to sign, although we bid £8 mill, he was always going to be used as a bargaining chip for Davies and Vorm.
If we carry on with our "hoof ball " next season, I'll be a very happy man.

Quinny

Banned
Jul 27, 2014
I don't want a player we gave to our arch rivals who got them promoted to the premier league to then have to pay for him and his wages to pick up his pension.

So it really boils down to the link to Palace why you wouldn't want him? The question was who would you rather have Murray or O'Grady?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Murray has said he is settled down in brighton.

With Leeds United :lolol: now showing interest if he rocks up at Elland Road he'll have to move to Leeds plus give up the no. 17 squad number

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here