Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS Barnes!!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Your quite right it is a board for opinion and view points but you have also thrown in a certain amount of stupidity! While you have said some of us are looking backward and not forward, we are actually commenting on recent events of one our ex-players who split opinion!
It's a year ago in which is a fair bit...The whole point is about opinions as you rightly say.Fact is my opinion was he was shite and it's not liked:lolol:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The club were insane to let him go for £750k and not offer him a PROPER contract that reflected his current ability, future ability and SERVICE he had given the club.

Burnley mugged us right off, and the club mugged itself off.

Good luck to Ash, just very sad it's not in the stripes of Brighton.

Sums up our recruitment and retention over the last couple of years.

It was probably one of the reasons why Oscar left. Not only did we fail to get the players he required, we let go one of our better ones.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
These posts i find a little odd.

My take on it.
Barnes scored a good goal today but its been almost year since he left. I am happy he is doing ok and i think he was undervalued and is being missed by both the club and some extent the fans. Club recruitment offered him a contract but he got one that he felt was more appropriate for him.
He was and will be a good Championship striker and looks a slightly better all round player since he has left. But football transfers in and out are part and parcel of football. All clubs make good and bad choices in and out. We are no different. However just because its not the best bit of business we have ever done are we going to have a post every goal he scores? Don t see the need for it personally

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You sad sad man:lolol:
Yes I went to the Withdean once,but plenty of away games:lolol:
You're looking a tit now as I was worshipped on there and many just made up the number...You know what "BANTER" is as clearly you don't.

You have so much knowledge of me on there that you obviously was one of the many that licked my feet:lolol:

I'm sad? But you got banned for sending abusive pm's :lol: people loved you on there, that's true, but it wasn't for your 'banter' or insightful knowledge of the game, it's because you're a grade A wazzock that was remarkably easy to wind up and make look like a tit, much like you're doing here.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014

My take on it.
Barnes scored a good goal today but its been almost year since he left. I am happy he is doing ok and i think he was undervalued and is being missed by both the club and some extent the fans. Club recruitment offered him a contract but he got one that he felt was more appropriate for him.
He was and will be a good Championship striker and looks a slightly better all round player since he has left. But football transfers in and out are part and parcel of football. All clubs make good and bad choices in and out. We are no different. However just because its not the best bit of business we have ever done are we going to have a post every goal he scores? Don t see the need for it personally
Ulloa is not doing that great and he's 30 so won't get better. Leicester would struggle to get their money back if they sold him. Win some, lose some.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Really pleased for him. He wasn't (here at least) the most skilful, but he wore his heart on his sleeve, gave it his all and never stopped running. Took his opportunity to move, probably because our procurement and continuity dept offered him peanuts. Never played up, went sick or was so overcome he wasn't up to being selected. :thumbsup:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm sad? But you got banned for sending abusive pm's :lol: people loved you on there, that's true, but it wasn't for your 'banter' or insightful knowledge of the game, it's because you're a grade A wazzock that was remarkably easy to wind up and make look like a tit, much like you're doing here.
You think it was abusive PM's,but it wasn't.No threats made Whats so ever bud and that I can assure you.Just a bitter MOD gunning for me because I was to famous lol

I said "Man to Man to discuss as gentleman"He banned me under "man to man ONLY"for threatening him in which I didn't clearly.
Im not easy to wind up and rarely get wound up...I like banter and I can take banter...No banter=boringgggg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Listened to this game on 5 live earlier, and as soon as Barnes scored the equaliser I thought there'd be a new thread, but 9 pages by 6pm - wow!

Can't we just accept that the club made a mistake with this one, and satisfy ourselves that the person responsible for not offering him enough to sign a new deal has just been sacked?

Maybe we could console ourselves with the fact that apart from Barnes, the respective transfer fees we got for Leo, Bridcutt and Buckley are looking quite high considering their impacts on the PL, and none of the other players that we've released have done much either.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
6 in 16 for Ulloa in the Prem.
3 in 16 for Barnes in the Prem.

Both having been used as subs a few times, moreso Barnesy.

Burke was let go for a reason, hopefully these two leaving were a part of it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Listened to this game on 5 live earlier, and as soon as Barnes scored the equaliser I thought there'd be a new thread, but 9 pages by 6pm - wow!

Can't we just accept that the club made a mistake with this one, and satisfy ourselves that the person responsible for not offering him enough to sign a new deal has just been sacked?

Maybe we could console ourselves with the fact that apart from Barnes, the respective transfer fees we got for Leo, Bridcutt and Buckley are looking quite high considering their impacts on the PL, and none of the other players that we've released have done much either.[/QUOTE

Unfortunately the exploits of our old players are more interesting and worthy of comment than the current loan players and League One journeymen :shrug:

The fact that we're not playing today will exacerbate it too.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

My take on it.

I haven't posted in these threads to date, but I take a keen interest in how Barnes is doing these days because I thought he was a great player for us (competitive where so many others are not) and i am pleased to see him doing well now.

My take on these sorts of threads is that they serve as an important reminder for those who are now moaning at JF-C that their boos only serve to undermine the confidence of the player and lead to us achieving less from them both in terms of goals scored and the transfer value of the player when they ultimately leave.

The lesson for everyone here (I am not directing this at you martin) is to get behind players who are obviously doing their best and save your venom for the opposition or the occasional lazy player who passes through (e.g. Kitson and Harley in previous years).

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
There was a bloke who sat in front of me in the ESU who absolutely hated Barnes. Wonder what he thinks of him now.

I have four of the tw*ts behind me in the east stand who would constantly slate the lad ,in fact they would slate him even when he wasnt playing .
Even now he has gone to Burnley and banging in some goals ...they still sl*g him off ,they are surely dead from the shoulders up or extremely strange .

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I've said it so many times, losing Ashley hurt more than any of the other good players who have left the club in the last year.

My lad was visibly upset when Ash went. He knows players come and go but no recent departure had the same impact. I asked him why at the time and he replied 'Barnes never lets up' and had 'guts'. Quite useful qualities alongside being a very decent Championship player methinks.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I can't believe the stick Barnes got on here and at the ground. Always was and always will be a quality player. I assume is playing as part of a 4-4-2 with Ings. Probably even better for him that the odd positions Oscar and Gus made him take up at the Amex.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Scores against Citeh

Not good enough / lucky / blah blah blah

So much for those in the know on here hey. Kid's crap; only a league 1 player at best. Sometimes some people should shut the f*** up, as they don't as much as they make out.

We miss Barnes. Shame he wasn't valued highly enough by the fans.

Are you 12?

I think Springal must be 12 for constantly adding to, or starting threads like this. To all the lickers, get over it, he has gone, should never have sold Peter Ward mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here