Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFP penalties..

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The 1st climbdown from the FL has already happened. When it was 1st muted all fines were going to be evenly spread amongst the compliant teams. Now it is all going to a charity of their choosing. It will gets watered down until it is practically unworkable

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Also if the FL do chase QPR up for the money, but they don't pay it, would the FL refuse them a place when they get relegated?

This is the public statement I want to see!

Failure to settle the fine means you are refused entry to any FL controlled division until [the season after] the fine is paid. That would be enforcing the rules!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The 1st climbdown from the FL has already happened. When it was 1st muted all fines were going to be evenly spread amongst the compliant teams. Now it is all going to a charity of their choosing. It will gets watered down until it is practically unworkable

Just to clarify that as that was never a rule. It was a proposal that needed sanctioning by the Premier League as the fines would be levied against one of their members. It would have been great if the fines went to those meeting the rules.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Aren't the the one's who setup FFP. Think of It like this. Little brother will always copy big brother or put it into other terms. Monkey see, Monkey do.

It does appear you haven't quite grasped the whole idea of FFP in regard to the FOOTBALL LEAGUE. A members only organisation. Those members have rules that they have to abide by. Those rules are proposed by the members, voted on and agreed by the members, passed at meetings held by the members. Penalties handed out on behalf of the MEMBERS by the management.

Really is a simple thing to understand.

The last meeting discussed the FFP situation going forwards not anything to do with the past/current rules. As there was not enough members to support any change to the current rules they remain in full force.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not sure the fines will be very effective - some clubs will be happy to just pay them and get on with it - and 'charity' can cover a multitude of sins. The "Benevolent Society for Retired Football Club Directors" anyone?
We'll have to wait and see how much (if at all) the embargoes hit offending clubs. Personally, I'm not hopeful - but that's just my opinion, I'm not stating it as a fact!
The idea someone suggested of having the points deduction suspended, and applied when they get relegated to the FL again, would be brilliant - it would really seem like 'fp' if clubs coming down with enough PL parachute dosh to buy the entire first team squads of some of the other clubs in the league, had to start thirty points behind them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here