FFP penalties..

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing about FFP now. All i want is for us to sign some good players and be competitive again. Lets worry about the consequences of those clubs who fail nearer the time. It appears people are now turning their anger to FFP as an excuse for our poor squad and lack of dealings in the transfer market because other clubs have been active.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Why will the Football League not enforce the penalties?

No where has it been stated that this will be the case. The clubs voted on it and agreed to the penalties. The only thing to change is money is no longer distributed between those complying.

The further meeting had by the league and the chairman is what happens going forwards not what is happening now. Therefore all the clubs that fall foul now will de dealt with the penalties as they exist. The league has an obligation to those that follow regulations correctly. If they fail to adhere (the league) to the issuing of the penalties I suggest the clubs in compliance would have a field day in court.

Ultimately, it is their League and in theory can run it as they see fit so it will be interesting to see what actually happens. I think they'll bottle it, as governing bodies of football in England tend to do, citing something like "In its present form, FFP is unworkable, enforcing the agreed punishments is virtually impossible so we will be suspending FFP requirements/punishments until we can find a solution acceptable to all clubs, therefore, no action will be taken against any club found to be in breach of current regulations".

I hoping I'm wrong.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If the FL don't apply the fines to QPR and collect, I would like to see what the clubs that do adhere to FFP do in response.

Also if the FL do chase QPR up for the money, but they don't pay it, would the FL refuse them a place when they get relegated?

They should be forced to play in the Scottish League (MTL) for a couple of seasons as punishment.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The only problem I can see with that theory is that clubs like Forest, QPR and others who have been spending money for fun will have squads large enough that embargoes won't hurt them-at least not for the next couple of seasons.

I'm a supporter of FFP but the longer things go on as they are, and despite FIFA wanting it implemented everywhere, I have a horrible feeling that it will prove to be a waste of time and effort. The only way to bring things into line is for people to stop giving their money to Murdoch but even that is flawed because the overseas deal dwarf the domestic riches.

Let's see what the first financial reports bring...

But that would always be the problem until the system is fully bedded in. Forest spent loads last year and didn't get promoted and they now have a novice manager who may well not get them up this year. Remember the embargo is ongoing until they show that their accounts are on track so what happens to players who aren't getting games. They are likely to want contracts cancelled so they can sign elsewhere otherwise it is just sitting back and collecting the pay cheque, which of course some will do.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ultimately, it is their League and in theory can run it as they see fit so it will be interesting to see what actually happens. I think they'll bottle it, as governing bodies of football in England tend to do, citing something like "In its present form, FFP is unworkable, enforcing the agreed punishments is virtually impossible so we will be suspending FFP requirements/punishments until we can find a solution acceptable to all clubs, therefore, no action will be taken against any club found to be in breach of current regulations".

I hoping I'm wrong.

No they can't. The league and its structure is decided by the members of the league. The rules of the leagues are voted on.

Sorry you hoped for it and so you got it, you're wrong.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
But that would always be the problem until the system is fully bedded in. Forest spent loads last year and didn't get promoted and they now have a novice manager who may well not get them up this year. Remember the embargo is ongoing until they show that their accounts are on track so what happens to players who aren't getting games. They are likely to want contracts cancelled so they can sign elsewhere otherwise it is just sitting back and collecting the pay cheque, which of course some will do.

Pearce is hardly a bloody novice.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Those are very good points. The FL must do as their members wish, so if they don't apply fines, the other clubs will find some people who will! And re QPR, yes, excellent, they should not be allowed back in!

Gartside might see his dream of no relegation from the PL become a reality if that happens. Unfortunately, his club might be among the locked out...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No they can't. The league and its structure is decided by the members of the league. The rules of the leagues are voted on.

Sorry you hoped for it and so you got it, you're wrong.

Let's wait and see.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
They should be forced to play in the Scottish League (MTL) for a couple of seasons as punishment.

So you'd like not only the book, but the case as well, to be thrown at them?

Aug 23, 2011
QPR are 'liable' to £54 million in fines for their overspending last season. I don't see them being chased up for it, so is it another limp-wristed response from the powers that be ??? Forest look like they are taking the same approach this season. The PTB need to enforce the rules to the letter, and not fudge it...

On the radio the other day they were suggesting that QPR would be fined somewhere around the £25m mark but i'm not sure where they got their figures from

This year will be the moment of truth. Certainly by this time next year we'll know for sure whether all this FFP stuff is bolix or not.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Let's wait and see.

Why wait and see? They will be imposed. The chairman didn't even discuss any changes, all they discussed was the future figures of compliance going forwards not last years figures.

You can't change the rules of a competition after it's happened or started. The figures relate to last season so will be used.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Why wait and see? They will be imposed. The chairman didn't even discuss any changes, all they discussed was the future figures of compliance going forwards not last years figures.

You can't change the rules of a competition after it's happened or started. The figures relate to last season so will be used.

Quite. The Football League is a private members organisation so if those that have been voted in by members to carry out the members bidding fail to do so, they will be kicked out and replaced with people that will. Also, someone pointed out a while ago that as it is a private members organisation with it's own rules voted on by it's members, courts are very unlikely to rule against the organisation concerned (I dunno how true that is, but I would suggest it has some merit).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
OK, I know I'm about to be flamed by some muppet who knows everything about everything and will be incensed that I don't too - but can someone please enlighten / remind me - what does PTB stand for?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
OK, I know I'm about to be flamed by some muppet who knows everything about everything and will be incensed that I don't too - but can someone please enlighten / remind me - what does PTB stand for?

Predictable Total Bedwetters

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Tip - Use the search option and your questions will be answered, don't start yet ANOTHER thread on FFP!!!

Pure laziness and ineptitude.

I'm too lazy too search all your posts but tell me, are you always a bellend?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports