Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Feral Children - what to do?

D

Deleted member 2719

Ban the perpetrators from the internet. A fate worse than death for these twerps.

Haha, it's so hypercritical that the CJD gave you the thumbs up for that one.

Banning is easy to do when someone disagrees with your point of view, but when someone does go over the top on a three-footed tackle ( yes I said three) the biased shows through like a light through a net curtain.

Action should be strong red cards should be delivered in a consistent manner.

Never going to happen.

Hope you're having a nice evening?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Haha, it's so hypercritical that the CJD gave you the thumbs up for that one.

Banning is easy to do when someone disagrees with your point of view, but when someone does go over the top on a three-footed tackle ( yes I said three) the biased shows through like a light through a net curtain.

Action should be strong red cards should be delivered in a consistent manner.

Never going to happen.

Hope you're having a nice evening?

What on earth are you going on about?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Street gangs in the U.S grew out of black kids being barred from joining youth clubs and organisations such as Scouts because of the colour of their skin. With the closure of such things in urban areas, we are making the same mistakes, albeit for different reasons.

Hmm.

Did these gangs start up around the time of WW1?

“Hamilton Bradley of New York is the earliest known Black Eagle Scout in BSA history. His Eagle Scout court of honor was held on Dec. 19, 1919, according to newspaper records from the time. By 1926, there were 248 all-black troops, with 4,923 black scouts.

6E63AFEF-50CA-4724-BD9F-23CB02E2B0C9.jpeg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hmm.

Did these gangs start up around the time of WW1?

“Hamilton Bradley of New York is the earliest known Black Eagle Scout in BSA history. His Eagle Scout court of honor was held on Dec. 19, 1919, according to newspaper records from the time. By 1926, there were 248 all-black troops, with 4,923 black scouts.

It was the info given on a documentary I watched about LA street gangs. Perhaps it is specific to LA?

Not banned it appears but segregated. I apologise, I remembered it slightly wrong.

https://celebmagazine.com/boy-scouts-racism-bloods-crips-gangs/

"In theory, the BSA had attempted to integrate sooner, forming an Interracial Committee in the late 1920s and establishing an “Outreach Program” to form “special troops” of mixed races. But, in practice its purpose was to lump together racial minorities with poor, rural, disabled white children all under a “special needs” umbrella, regardless of the black members’ mental and or physical capabilities.

Also, in many areas of the South, black Scouts were forbidden from wearing the uniform and the “Negro Troops” were allocated much smaller budgets to work with than their white counterparts…..separate and definitely not so equal, it would appear.
Even after the Civil Rights Act purportedly made it illegal to discriminate on the basis of race, local chapters within the Boy Scouts movement were able to circumvent the rules by using “quota” levels as an excuse to turn away potential new members of color, and black kids were often left feeling unwelcome, shut out and isolated.

That resulted in a lot of angry, marginalized young boys looking for a place to “belong” and a “club” to call their own—which in the racially charged South Central LA of the 1960s made for a dangerous dynamic.....

However, the original South Central “gangs” that were the precursor to the Bloods and Crips didn’t start out with the intention of becoming violent organized crime syndicates at war with each other.

The groups’ initial motivation was more pure, intending to provide an alternative community for young African American boys who were disenfranchised, and disillusioned with the institutionalized racism in white controlled clubs, such as the Boy Scouts of America.

Last edited:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
It was the info given on a documentary I watched about LA street gangs. Perhaps it is specific to LA?

Not banned it appears but segregated. I apologise, I remembered it slightly wrong.

https://celebmagazine.com/boy-scouts-racism-bloods-crips-gangs/

"In theory, the BSA had attempted to integrate sooner, forming an Interracial Committee in the late 1920s and establishing an “Outreach Program” to form “special troops” of mixed races. But, in practice its purpose was to lump together racial minorities with poor, rural, disabled white children all under a “special needs” umbrella, regardless of the black members’ mental and or physical capabilities.

Also, in many areas of the South, black Scouts were forbidden from wearing the uniform and the “Negro Troops” were allocated much smaller budgets to work with than their white counterparts…..separate and definitely not so equal, it would appear.
Even after the Civil Rights Act purportedly made it illegal to discriminate on the basis of race, local chapters within the Boy Scouts movement were able to circumvent the rules by using “quota” levels as an excuse to turn away potential new members of color, and black kids were often left feeling unwelcome, shut out and isolated.

That resulted in a lot of angry, marginalized young boys looking for a place to “belong” and a “club” to call their own—which in the racially charged South Central LA of the 1960s made for a dangerous dynamic.....

However, the original South Central “gangs” that were the precursor to the Bloods and Crips didn’t start out with the intention of becoming violent organized crime syndicates at war with each other.

The groups’ initial motivation was more pure, intending to provide an alternative community for young African American boys who were disenfranchised, and disillusioned with the institutionalized racism in white controlled clubs, such as the Boy Scouts of America.

Thanks for the clarification.

I only raised it because I’d recently read an essay on the subject which suggested the complete opposite, that scouting enrolled many ex gang members. Here’s the specific bit I’m on about:

“Programs targeting gangs were unexpectedly successful, and in many cities, as many as 25% of boys living in housing projects were enrolled in the Scouts, many former gang members.”

It’s an informative read, if you’re interested, although I’m not sure the same conclusion is reached as your source does. :)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thanks for the clarification.

I only raised it because I’d recently read an essay on the subject which suggested the complete opposite, that scouting enrolled many ex gang members. Here’s the specific bit I’m on about:

“Programs targeting gangs were unexpectedly successful, and in many cities, as many as 25% of boys living in housing projects were enrolled in the Scouts, many former gang members.”

It’s an informative read, if you’re interested, although I’m not sure the same conclusion is reached as your source does. :)

I will read it for sure, thank you. It sounds as if your link refers to after the gangs have formed? The article I linked to refers to the forming of the gangs. Interesting.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think that would be MOST welcome actually!

SOme discrete, and less discrete sterilisation would be good, something we've discussed ( privately) for years

The trouble is, The establishment need a plebeian society to maintain their riches and superiority, it's always been so.

It needs to be kept in fine tune to avoid civil unrest. But works well, we have a lot of sheep in this country, trouble is the shepherds are most abusive.

In recent years the Est. Have rounded on the middle classes and screwed the working classes to form a large underclass, whilst the press continue to convince enough of the the working/middle classes they're doing well . . . And it's each others fault When they're being shafted themselves again.

The sooner Guy Fawkes re appears and gets the job done properly the better. Hopefully we'll become a civilised democratic republic in the process

D

Deleted member 2719

What on earth are you going on about?

Feral children like CJD not being banned after post #124051 on your favourite Brexit thread.

You couldn't make it up really.

Attachments

• NSC death wish.PNG
    NSC death wish.PNG
    56.9 KB · Views: 91
  • CJD 5.PNG
    CJD 5.PNG
    39.8 KB · Views: 92

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Feral children like CJD not being banned after post #124051 on your favourite Brexit thread.

You couldn't make it up really.

I don’t read or post on the Brexit thread. And I’m not sure why you’re posting to me about CJD or their posts that I have never read.

Have a nice evening.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It is certainly a complex issue with many many factors affecting anti-social behaviour. I am still unsure if it is an issue that is getting worse but in order to address it, I think there are many avenues to explore. Should their be a desire to explore it of course.

There have always been violent attacks on others throughout the modern era. The public perception has changed in the digital age though as violence can be shared on social media so everyone can comment how awful it is.
Decades ago, even if a violent attack was local you only heard about it if you knew someone connected or it made the local paper. Now its uploaded to social media in full view of the internet.
I have seen my fair share of awful stuff online but the recent unprovoked attack in Blackpool by a 16 year old and filmed and shared online by a friend for the purpose of god knows what is one of the most cowardly brutal unprovoked attacks i have seen on film.
I am not surprised it has gone viral with so many people sharing because they are utterly appalled by it.
The local police superintendent said “The level of violence displayed by this suspect against a completely defenceless man who is sat down minding his own business is quite frankly extremely disturbing and inexcusable. The fact that an accomplice sees fit to stand nearby watching and actually filming this despicable incident, making no attempt to stop it or offer any assistance to the male who is clearly seriously injured, makes this crime even worse”
Utterly feral behaviour and there is no excuse for that level of extreme violence.
I try to be a positive person in life, I hate negativity………..but after watching that attack ( posted by a former police officer online - appalled at the level of violence) i simply thought there really is no hope for our species………

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
There have always been violent attacks on others throughout the modern era. The public perception has changed in the digital age though as violence can be shared on social media so everyone can comment how awful it is.
Decades ago, even if a violent attack was local you only heard about it if you knew someone connected or it made the local paper. Now its uploaded to social media in full view of the internet.
I have seen my fair share of awful stuff online but the recent unprovoked attack in Blackpool by a 16 year old and filmed and shared online by a friend for the purpose of god knows what is one of the most cowardly brutal unprovoked attacks i have seen on film.
I am not surprised it has gone viral with so many people sharing because they are utterly appalled by it.
The local police superintendent said “The level of violence displayed by this suspect against a completely defenceless man who is sat down minding his own business is quite frankly extremely disturbing and inexcusable. The fact that an accomplice sees fit to stand nearby watching and actually filming this despicable incident, making no attempt to stop it or offer any assistance to the male who is clearly seriously injured, makes this crime even worse”
Utterly feral behaviour and there is no excuse for that level of extreme violence.
I try to be a positive person in life, I hate negativity………..but after watching that attack ( posted by a former police officer online - appalled at the level of violence) i simply thought there really is no hope for our species………

This is absolutely true.

But has there ever been a time when the police take the view that these serious violent assaults, where the victim is being stamped on the head, are merely "anti-social behaviour"?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62722082

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-mob-youths-South-Norwood-Croydon-London.html

Woman, 19, tells how she was beaten by a mob of youths shouting 'get her phone' in shocking video after she was targeted 'at random' in London - as CCTV shows store being ransacked moments before

Chloe Miller was attacked by a gang of youths in South Norwood, London
She had been on her way to her local corner shop with her mother and sister
New footage shows a gang ransacking a newsagents nearby before the attack
Miss Miller said she is too 'afraid to leave the house at night after she was beaten

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here