Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Females Can't Sing

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
....so says my wife!

For over 30 years she has maintained this and she only has two female artists in her record collection over this period.It's something to do with the weakness of their voices apparently.

Over the years I have purchased many female singers/bands records/cds - However, I cannot recall going to any concerts where the main act was female (apart from accompanying my young daughter to see Blondie about 8 years ago).

Anyone else have a partner with the same views and who is your favourite female artist ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Two.

[yt]hsL9UL9qbv8[/yt] [yt]9f4CyQto-0E[/yt]

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
They can if you get away from X Factor dross! I jusr love this song.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seen Diana Ross a few times and she was very good in concert and have also seen classical singers like Katherine Jenkins and Lesley Garret who I thought was brilliant. My favourite but for her classical singing and not her pop was Charlotte Church and I keep hoping that she will make another classical album one day. Saw Aretha Franklin in Ceasers Paace Vegas during the summer and thought that she should retire as she was awful and a poor imitation of her in her best days..

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Far too many modern female singers put on a nasally mid-Atlantic accent to hide their inability to hit all the notes.

In the past talented singers (male or female) came along as and when they were (properly) discovered for their talent. Nowadays the modern sexed up wheel of celebrity requires x-number of female 'artists' be signed up every year. They get clad in revealing designer outfits and given raunchy songs to sing to to satisfy the 'musuc' industry’s need for profit. Find a babe, make sure she can wiggle in the right way, and make sure she will fetch her top bollocks almost out of her dress as often as possible. Then get an accountant to 'write' a song with as much innuendo as is required to get it on some sort of radio/TV, chuck in a bit of Auto-Tune and hey presto, a singing sensation is born. Even better if she turns out to be a proper fame magnet and gets in the press for extra curricular activities, who knows, that might even extend her 'career' for a couple more years.

The antidote of course is Susan Boyle, who can sing beautifully, but will never make the headlines for the reasons the musicperv industry wants. Joss Stone is also pretty good if you like that sort of thing, but the UK Music Slag industry isn't interested in her and her type of music; hence she's gone awol in the States for so long.

Well, that's all my opinion, of course.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Whether you like their music or not...

Whitney
Mariah
Celine
Shania
Faith Hill
Christina
Pink

Away from pop divas:

Maria Callas
Lea Michelle (she was a stage star before glee)
Tracie Thoms
Kristin Chenowith
Idina Menzel
Sierra Boggess
Sarah Brightman
Yael Naim
Nina Simone
Alison Moyet
Aimee Mann
KD Lang
Melissa Etheridge
Angela Lansbury
Julie Andrews
Judy Garland

and tens of thousands of others

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I give you:
Mary Chapin Carpenter
Shawn Colvin
Lucy Kaplansky
Beth Nielson Chapman
Alison Moorer
Roseanne Cash
Kellie Pickler
Shery Crowe
Dixie Chicks/Courtyard Hounds
Gretchen Peters
Norah Jones
Emmie Lou Harris
Dolly Parton
Nickel Creek with Sara Watkins singing
Alison Krauss
Wynonna Judd
Kim Richey
Kathy Mattea

Seen most live and they can all hack it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here