Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Female comediennes, Funny?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Yes he did. He pushed his religious beliefs on others.

Hahaha - now THAT'S funny. Never knew Jesus had "religious beliefs". :lolol:

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Influenza is just natures way of clearing seafront properties in Eastbourne.

The late Linda Smith

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How many of the people who have posted on this thread regularly go to stand-up comedy, out of interest? Genuine question.

I've only ever seen one woman at Crater in about 12 visits and she was truly dreadful. The worst act I have ever seen there. Of course everyone applauded her and she might have got better but I did cringe that night.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Last edited:

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I've only ever seen one woman at Crater in about 12 visits and she was truly dreadful. The worst act I have ever seen there. Of course everyone applauded her and she might have got better but I did cringe that night.

Crumbs! Sorry to hear that. Can you remember her name / what she looked like / any material she did?

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I know who you are and I've seen you many times. As for the material............I'd need regression therapy for that.

Erm? Have you misunderstood my reply to someone else (as I'm clearly not female) or are you just being unnecessarily rude?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Honourable mention to Pauline Calf.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Crumbs! Sorry to hear that. Can you remember her name / what she looked like / any material she did?

Strangely enough I do Steve. She was a very pretty girl with dark hair and a nice slim figure. The one gag I can remember smiling at was when she told everyone how her grandmother would always say to her, "Oh how do you manage to stay so slim my dear "

I just stop eating when I,m full you fat cow" she told her.

.now I reckon that there is no reason whatsoever that women can't be good at stand up other than there probably isn't that many on the circuit compared to guys.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
I go to the comedy a lot, and the only female stand up I can sit through at the minute is Josie Long.

Someone mentioned Linda Smith earlier. Now she WAS funny.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
They're shit. Or every one I've ever seen is, anyway. They don't seem to be able to even raise a wry smile from me, and I have no idea why.

Jo Brand is just terrible, how she has made a career out of it I genuinely have no idea. "Look at me I'm a big fat ugly woman". Yes, so what? Why is that funny? We knew that before you opened your fat ugly gob and told us you Palace slut.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I go to the comedy a lot, and the only female stand up I can sit through at the minute is Josie Long.

Someone mentioned Linda Smith earlier. Now she WAS funny.

Best one's I've seen recently were at the Steyning Comedy Club.

Abi Roberts as compare was genuinely funny. There was also an Irish lady, Mary Bourke, who was very slick.

Also saw a guy there called Flange Krammer, bloody hilarious.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Strangely enough I do Steve. She was a very pretty girl with dark hair and a nice slim figure. The one gag I can remember smiling at was when she told everyone how her grandmother would always say to her, "Oh how do you manage to stay so slim my dear "

I just stop eating when I,m full you fat cow" she told her.

.now I reckon that there is no reason whatsoever that women can't be good at stand up other than there probably isn't that many on the circuit compared to guys.

Think I know who the comic is. Nat Luurtsema. I don't think she does stand up any more.

As to your 2nd point, very true. Quick look at my database shows there's about 25 male comics to each female one. It's harder for the female comics to break through - but they still do.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Not stand-ups but sketch comedy, but I was just watching an episode of 'Not The Nine O'Clock News' on Gold. Pamela Stephenson was good in that, albeit Rowan Atkinson tended to be the one who generated the most laughs.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:
Think I know who the comic is. Nat Luurtsema. I don't think she does stand up any more.

As to your 2nd point, very true. Quick look at my database shows there's about 25 male comics to each female one. It's harder for the female comics to break through - but they still do.

That might well be the lass. Well at least she's pretty huh :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here