Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FCUM fans considering an official boycott on 27th

arabat

Nov 7, 2010
By page 14 of this thread I just gave up and sort of lost the will to live.

If the rules state 15% then they should have 15%

If the club is only offering 10% thet should state why. Preferably before a thread like this gets started.

Why all the name calling? Would it not be a lot better to out sing them during the match, beat them on the pitch but stand shoulder to shoulder as fans united?

In a nutshell. As I posted elsewhere the biggest cock up as been the lack of clear communication from all parties. No intention of getting sucked into name calling. Good game, good atmosphere and that's that.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ya i understand the difference and it was just throwing out a point all be it perhaps not a strong one. Will defintely sell the 845 and should be a good day out. Have heard a lot of stories about the Worthing stand (something about worhting being like 10 miles away right). We're actually having a laugh about having to bring binoculars:lolol:

Well I'll stop patronising you if so and let's hope for a good game. Have to say it's a damned sight more interesting tie than any others. Almost want us to lose so you get a shot at united in third round. Now that would be THE story of the footballing decade!!!

fcum

Nov 18, 2010
They are know as the war years. Not too dramatically either. Awful awful dispairing days. Our story is unique. And well documented. But nearly forgotten now. Take what portsmouth went through and multiply by much much worse and you're getting close to our situation.

So, what ended up happening with Archer? I have read about him selling the ground almost in secret and you ended up playing at gillingham( i believe) before the withdean?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Thats too bad.

I have actually been reading up about Brighton bc I honestly did not know too much about the history of the club.

Fair play for what you lot did around that time. I really didn't fully have an idea of the bullshit you went through in the mid 90s.

And been paying the price for it ever since but never once gone into administration. We even spent a few seasons doing a 200 mile round trip to Gillingham for home games.

I apologise for the swearing earlier but it does appear that some of your fans are a tad arrogant on here. When you come to Withdean and see how shite it is just consider for a minute that we've spent 11 years there watching crap football in the main. It's been horrible at times but I've stuck with it because I bloody love BHA. It's part of my DNA. I get a bit upset about Man U fans telling me about how it really is.

STOP picking your nose

Great response. Especially like the first word in capitals. The days must fly by with you around.

Last edited:

fcum

Nov 18, 2010
And been paying the price for it ever since but never once gone into administration. We even spent a few seasons doing a 200 mile round trip to Gillingham for home games.

I apologise for the swearing earlier but it does appear that some of your fans are a tad arrogant on here. When you come to Withdean and see how White it is just consider for a minute that we've spent 11 years there watching crap football in the main. It's been horrible at times but I've stuck with it because I bloody love BHA. It's part of my DNA. I get a bit upset about Man U fans telling me about how it really is.

That is a shame. No worries about the swearing whereas some peole on forums don't represent all our support I am sure not all people on forums represent yours.

We have similar problems (of course on a smaller scale) with having to pay rent to Bury and travel to gigg lane. Trying to raise money for our own ground nearer city center. Similar to your new ground it will be a huge relief when its built and probably won't believe it till you're in the stand.:clap2:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's amazing that a club with an average home gate of 456 can get so many people to post on here, big clubs can't get near it. However, it's clear that apart from most of their posters being misinformed about this club they are really not making a case for themselves are they ? It's not our fault that the police have advised us to restrict your allocation is it ? Obviously your pitch invasion has been viewed in a very negative light but given the amount of antipathy shown but most of the FC United posters it looks like the Police may have a very valid reason for their stance.

This little club are doing a fine job of making themselves very unpopular because of their incredibly inflated egos, come back Leeds, all is forgiven.

fcum

Nov 18, 2010
It's amazing that a club with an average home gate of 456 can get so many people to post on here, big clubs can't get near it. However, it's clear that apart from most of their posters being misinformed about this club they are really not making a case for themselves are they ? It's not our fault that the police have advised us to restrict your allocation is it ? Obviously your pitch invasion has been viewed in a very negative light but given the amount of antipathy shown but most of the FC United posters it looks like the Police may have a very valid reason for their stance.

This little club are doing a fine job of making themselves very unpopular because of their incredibly inflated egos, come back Leeds, all is forgiven.

Our average home gate this year in league is probably about 1700. It was about 2000 last couple seasons but a little lower this year as we have had to move some home games to Bower Fold.

arabat

Nov 7, 2010

456??

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
From the Argus:

Albion are in dispute with FA Cup rivals FC United of Manchester over the non-League club's ticket allocation for the second round tie at Withdean on November 27.

The Seagulls have allocated United around 850 seats - just over ten per cent of the capacity - in the normal away end, behind the west goal, on the advice of the safety advisory group.

The recommendation of the safety advisory group has been endorsed by both the safety licensing authority and police amid concerns over the behaviour of visiting supporters.

United wanted more tickets and have protested to the FA but their appeal is expected to fail.

sicky burp

Sep 19, 2008
For FCUM fans:

Read this and you may understand what a real club and struggle are all about:

INSIDE BRIGHTON’S NEW HOME
Posted on: 19.11.2010
Standing at the summit of the American Express Community Stadium's 12,500-seater West Stand is not for the faint-hearted, but for Brighton & Hove Albion fans the view is well worth the climb.

Ten-stories below, trucks and diggers busy themselves on the grit, zigzagging across the foundations of the new state-of-the-art pitch. Beyond the structure, lush green fields roll into the distance, split off from the stadium by the A27 and flanked by the universities of Sussex and Brighton.

For a decade, the Seagulls had been circling above the East Sussex countryside, unable to land until the planning permission issues stifling development at Falmer were resolved.

And now, although buried three stories below ground level at its lowest point to allow for the surrounding contours, the shell stands proud. A magnificent curved roof dips and rises as it flows around four stands that, from May 2011, will cover up to 22,500 exuberant Albion fans.

"I will have to have someone looking after me when it finally opens," admits Martin Perry, club Chief Executive and the man responsible for leading the planning team since 1997.

"It is the culmination of 14 years worth of work and it will be hugely emotional. You don't let yourself dare to dream until it is finished.

"One of the advantages of this stadium is that there has been huge fan involvement all the way through and I think that they will appreciate it that much more as a result.

"This stadium has drawn the fans together for one common goal. There have been marches along the seafront in Brighton, petitions of 60,000 signatures and a trip up to Downing Street by fans."

Supporter loyalty throughout the years of planning applications that have plagued development has proved vital to the club. And in recognition of their dedication, both Brighton and naming partner, American Express, are adamant that community will continue to be at the heart of their operating strategy.

Taking shape in one of the UK's most income and educationally deprived areas, the American Express Community Stadium is already pumping opportunities back into the region; adding £23m to the local GDP and 360 new jobs by the start of next season.

Catering services, along with hiring of stewards, will provide nearly 1,000 new positions whilst the conference and banqueting functions will serve as a means to offer training opportunities to students at local colleges.

"The starting point for us really was our employee base in the Sussex area," explains Michael Edwards, Senior Vice President at American Express, on why the global brand took up the opportunity to sponsor the stadium.

"American Express as an organisation has been in the Sussex region for over 40 years. We employ around 2,500 people in the area, many of whom have dependents. Plus, we have hundreds of local suppliers so American Express probably impacts thousands of people across the Sussex landscape.

"One of the key values that we as a company hold in high regards is the work that we do within the community - we sponsor numerous activities across Sussex, supporting a variety of charities as well as extending support to those less fortunate. Our individual employees are always raising funds for a plethora of charities from Breakthrough Breast
Cancer to the Headway Brain Injury Assocation.

"As a company we depend so much on the local community and are delighted that through this partnership we are able to give something back."

Before putting pen to paper, the club and architects looked around 28 Premier League and Football League grounds, selecting the best bits for Albion's new home.

And hardened Withdean-going fans won't be disappointed with the choices as they approach the new stadium for the first time.

From Falmer train station, a new wider foot bridge drops visitors at the bottom of a sloping concourse that climbs gently around the outside of the ground - a 1 in 20 angled incline finishing one floor higher at the new coach station - 14 metres (40 feet) higher than the train.

Half-way up the spiral climb, fans will cross beneath the shadow of the towering corners of the stadium that hold thrust walls supporting the entire weight of the roof, equivalent to a freight train travelling at 60mph.

Ticketless entry and cashless kiosks around the ground will permit quicker, simpler entry and speedier purchases at the concourse burger bars and healthy food stands.

Both sets of fans share identically padded seats and the LED lighting in the visiting walkways changes colour to mirror each visiting club before their supporters occupy the 2,500 capacity southern stand.

"This new stadium is sure to become the envy of many clubs in The Football League and a number in the Premier League", adds Gavin Megaw the Director of Marketing and Communications at The Football League.

"It is fantastic to see Brighton's long struggle nearing a conclusion. Let's hope the club have many successful years at the American Express Stadium and I would encourage fans of all clubs to come down and experience what I'm sure will be an electric atmosphere when the gates open next season."

But the special treatment isn't confined only to the fans. A huge home dressing room, rivalling those of Wembley Stadium, awaits the Brighton squad constructed without corners to allow no hiding places.

Next door, a warm-up room with artificial grass grants the players a sanctuary for stretching. The pitch itself boasts the latest technology - a fully undersoil heated fibrelastic surface.

Consisting of hard fibres in the sub soil, the pitch retains its spring and keeps air in the roots creating less impact on players' joints and allowing for better pitch recovery.

"Everyone at the club has been working so hard to get everything right and that includes the playing staff," says Ken Brown, Managing Director of Brighton.

"The players and the manager have been here, they know what is coming they will be playing here next season and they are excited."

Environmentally sound too, the ground's green policy stretches back to the earliest construction stages. Initially, over 140,000 cubic metres of chalk were removed from the ground to create the bowl in which the stadium now sits.

Transporting the waste would have required 22,000 return truck journeys, creating enough carbon dioxide to fill 92 million footballs, which - when lined up side by side - would reach across three quarters of Brighton.

But the designers found a solution in a deep valley just across from the American Express Community Stadium into which the chalk was poured and the topsoil replaced.

As a direct result of this green thinking, the land - belonging to a local farmer - has now recorded a marked increase in soil gradient quality whilst dramatically cutting CO2 emissions.

Environmental awareness continues inside leaving the stadium almost as green as the surrounding plush countryside that impatiently waits for the 'Flagship Friendly' on Saturday 30 July.

The identity of Albion's opponents on that day remains a secret highly guarded by the club's hierarchy, although they will admit that several big outfits have been approached.

"The one thing that all the fans ask when talking about this project finishing," admits Perry who has one last question to tick-off, "is, what are we going to do now?"
Good article ,and it has been one hell of a struggle for you guys , and i like some of our board members were at chester town hall in 1998 showing our support for you ,when you and chester held a fans united night, aside from the keyboard warriors, you will find a lot of our fans have a lot of respect for what you have achieved over the the years ,and one day hope your team get to the premier league, yes it was a hard to walk away from the club i SUPPORTED for 51 years , but the way the club was going was not for me ,it was a case of turn up ,sit down and empty your wallet, i hope that will not happen to the brighton fans.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Whatever it is you have a lot of people on here saying very unwise things, threats about buying seats in the home end, what will that gain ? No team has ever come to Withdean with such an attitude, talk about Napoleon syndrome, just never seen it in a bunch of football fans before.

You can bet the club and the authorities read this board and many of the posts here will not help your cause in the slightest.

M43

Nov 19, 2010
Hi , new to the forum but just thought I would join to be involved in the debate you are having over here. I come in peace.
Firstly I’ve got to say my views are my views only, they represent only my views and should not be mistaken for FC United or the fans of FC United as a whole.
There are some posters on this forum who need to realise any posts on such forums are unrepresentative of anyone other than that individual. To tar a group because of a few posts on any forum is wrong, there have been many comments posted within this very topic( which I could quote) suggesting there are certain people who have preconceived thoughts about us or even a team some of us once went to see. I think some of these preconceived thoughts seem to be getting in the way but I’m not going to change that.
Some have asked questions about FC United and FC fans have decided to answer some of these questions only to be ridiculed, again I think there are other things getting in the way and judging by the response the questions were not of genuine interest, but simply an opportunity to have a further dig. However I don’t think they are representative of the Brighton support.
If you really want to know why I gave up OT, PM and I’ll let you know, but it is only my reason. I know of many different personal reasons why different people gave up.
Regarding FC’s ticket allocation, I’m fortunate I may get one being a member and season ticket holder, however my 10 year old son who is only a season ticket holder, will miss out. This is a shame for a number of reasons. (I might go into this later as these are the real people who are getting affected by this) Many on here have said it is based on Police advice from an insider. Could someone point me in the direction or even post number of the insider so I can PM him/her I am genuinely interested as to what has been said? I don’t understand how this particular number has been arrived at. Nor can I understand the reasons behind it, some of our own home games do not have any Police in attendance and we have a very good relationship with them.
Sorry if this is a little long winded, but had a lot to reply too and some more. No matter what happens next Saturday I’m sure I will have a great day out and might even share a pint with one or two of you lot, should you care to look the devil in the eyes. We really aren’t all that bad you know.
Have a good game.

Yoda

English & European
Actually, I've spent a bit of time on their forums this morning having a bit of lively, but good natured, debate. Quite a few are registering and buying tickets for Bristol Rovers (that they either wont use, or plan to sell on the NSC ticket exchange) so that they'll be on the database and able to buy seats for the FCUM game...

Been out so not sure if it's been said, but didn't the club say they had to be already ON the database WHEN the tickets went on sale. If that's still the case, they've wasted their money.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bloody Nora-Gillingham was even further than I remember it to be or did you go via Dover? :lolol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Seemed like it. How long was it anyway?

I remember coming away from that first game against Macclesfield and thinking 'shit. Is this it from hereonin?'.

Anyway, said my piece. I'm off to the pub.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here