Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FCUM fans considering an official boycott on 27th

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
For pity's sake, I'm going to have to double-drop Valium before the game now just in case I'm tempted to twat some gobby FCUMer when he jumps up in the South Stand and shits himself as they pull it back to 8-1, and in the process get banned for life just as we're about to move into a proper stadium again.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No Boycott, yes we would like more tickets ,but it,s your club your rules. i think you will find most fc fans to be looking forward to this game ,have a few pints with you ( hikers rest in moulscoombe anyone or somewhere in whitehawk ) have a good natter all things football ,even the 83 final 1st match. so don,t let any key board warriors cloud you opinion of fc. so all i will add is all the best in your promotion campaign and your move to falme (nice looking ground)
Not many Brighton fans drink in the Hikers Rest since it was turned into a gay theme pub. They all drink in the Bulldog Tavern now.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't know why my club has not complained which is why I stated 'neither club'
Yes there was a pitch invasion but as far as I am aware it was not registered as 'trouble' and neither wasthere a complaint by Rochdale.
I take it you're not offering to answer my questions then?

I can't for the simple reason very little is known about your club, you are a very minor team you need to remember.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I don't know why my club has not complained which is why I stated 'neither club'
Yes there was a pitch invasion but as far as I am aware it was not registered as 'trouble' and neither wasthere a complaint by Rochdale.
I take it you're not offering to answer my questions then?

How many times, it does not matter if it was a "friendly" pitch invasion or not, the police will have reported it as a pitch invasion by your fans. Seeing as you have had ONE encounter with a league team and your fans couldn't stay off the pitch (a legal requirement as stated in the regulations you agree to when you buy a ticket) then the police have taken action to minimise this happening at our place.

About time you accept some f***ing responsibility for your fans actions and stop moaning like 7 year olds who moan about being told off for acting like spoilt little shits. Get over yourself mate, this is the REAL world of football and not the premiership circus your lot claim to have disowned!

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
For FCUM fans:

Read this and you may understand what a real club and struggle are all about:

INSIDE BRIGHTON’S NEW HOME
Posted on: 19.11.2010
Standing at the summit of the American Express Community Stadium's 12,500-seater West Stand is not for the faint-hearted, but for Brighton & Hove Albion fans the view is well worth the climb.

Ten-stories below, trucks and diggers busy themselves on the grit, zigzagging across the foundations of the new state-of-the-art pitch. Beyond the structure, lush green fields roll into the distance, split off from the stadium by the A27 and flanked by the universities of Sussex and Brighton.

For a decade, the Seagulls had been circling above the East Sussex countryside, unable to land until the planning permission issues stifling development at Falmer were resolved.

And now, although buried three stories below ground level at its lowest point to allow for the surrounding contours, the shell stands proud. A magnificent curved roof dips and rises as it flows around four stands that, from May 2011, will cover up to 22,500 exuberant Albion fans.

"I will have to have someone looking after me when it finally opens," admits Martin Perry, club Chief Executive and the man responsible for leading the planning team since 1997.

"It is the culmination of 14 years worth of work and it will be hugely emotional. You don't let yourself dare to dream until it is finished.

"One of the advantages of this stadium is that there has been huge fan involvement all the way through and I think that they will appreciate it that much more as a result.

"This stadium has drawn the fans together for one common goal. There have been marches along the seafront in Brighton, petitions of 60,000 signatures and a trip up to Downing Street by fans."

Supporter loyalty throughout the years of planning applications that have plagued development has proved vital to the club. And in recognition of their dedication, both Brighton and naming partner, American Express, are adamant that community will continue to be at the heart of their operating strategy.

Taking shape in one of the UK's most income and educationally deprived areas, the American Express Community Stadium is already pumping opportunities back into the region; adding £23m to the local GDP and 360 new jobs by the start of next season.

Catering services, along with hiring of stewards, will provide nearly 1,000 new positions whilst the conference and banqueting functions will serve as a means to offer training opportunities to students at local colleges.

"The starting point for us really was our employee base in the Sussex area," explains Michael Edwards, Senior Vice President at American Express, on why the global brand took up the opportunity to sponsor the stadium.

"American Express as an organisation has been in the Sussex region for over 40 years. We employ around 2,500 people in the area, many of whom have dependents. Plus, we have hundreds of local suppliers so American Express probably impacts thousands of people across the Sussex landscape.

"One of the key values that we as a company hold in high regards is the work that we do within the community - we sponsor numerous activities across Sussex, supporting a variety of charities as well as extending support to those less fortunate. Our individual employees are always raising funds for a plethora of charities from Breakthrough Breast
Cancer to the Headway Brain Injury Assocation.

"As a company we depend so much on the local community and are delighted that through this partnership we are able to give something back."

Before putting pen to paper, the club and architects looked around 28 Premier League and Football League grounds, selecting the best bits for Albion's new home.

And hardened Withdean-going fans won't be disappointed with the choices as they approach the new stadium for the first time.

From Falmer train station, a new wider foot bridge drops visitors at the bottom of a sloping concourse that climbs gently around the outside of the ground - a 1 in 20 angled incline finishing one floor higher at the new coach station - 14 metres (40 feet) higher than the train.

Half-way up the spiral climb, fans will cross beneath the shadow of the towering corners of the stadium that hold thrust walls supporting the entire weight of the roof, equivalent to a freight train travelling at 60mph.

Ticketless entry and cashless kiosks around the ground will permit quicker, simpler entry and speedier purchases at the concourse burger bars and healthy food stands.

Both sets of fans share identically padded seats and the LED lighting in the visiting walkways changes colour to mirror each visiting club before their supporters occupy the 2,500 capacity southern stand.

"This new stadium is sure to become the envy of many clubs in The Football League and a number in the Premier League", adds Gavin Megaw the Director of Marketing and Communications at The Football League.

"It is fantastic to see Brighton's long struggle nearing a conclusion. Let's hope the club have many successful years at the American Express Stadium and I would encourage fans of all clubs to come down and experience what I'm sure will be an electric atmosphere when the gates open next season."

But the special treatment isn't confined only to the fans. A huge home dressing room, rivalling those of Wembley Stadium, awaits the Brighton squad constructed without corners to allow no hiding places.

Next door, a warm-up room with artificial grass grants the players a sanctuary for stretching. The pitch itself boasts the latest technology - a fully undersoil heated fibrelastic surface.

Consisting of hard fibres in the sub soil, the pitch retains its spring and keeps air in the roots creating less impact on players' joints and allowing for better pitch recovery.

"Everyone at the club has been working so hard to get everything right and that includes the playing staff," says Ken Brown, Managing Director of Brighton.

"The players and the manager have been here, they know what is coming they will be playing here next season and they are excited."

Environmentally sound too, the ground's green policy stretches back to the earliest construction stages. Initially, over 140,000 cubic metres of chalk were removed from the ground to create the bowl in which the stadium now sits.

Transporting the waste would have required 22,000 return truck journeys, creating enough carbon dioxide to fill 92 million footballs, which - when lined up side by side - would reach across three quarters of Brighton.

But the designers found a solution in a deep valley just across from the American Express Community Stadium into which the chalk was poured and the topsoil replaced.

As a direct result of this green thinking, the land - belonging to a local farmer - has now recorded a marked increase in soil gradient quality whilst dramatically cutting CO2 emissions.

Environmental awareness continues inside leaving the stadium almost as green as the surrounding plush countryside that impatiently waits for the 'Flagship Friendly' on Saturday 30 July.

The identity of Albion's opponents on that day remains a secret highly guarded by the club's hierarchy, although they will admit that several big outfits have been approached.

"The one thing that all the fans ask when talking about this project finishing," admits Perry who has one last question to tick-off, "is, what are we going to do now?"

Last edited:

arabat

Nov 7, 2010
How many times, it does not matter if it was a "friendly" pitch invasion or not, the police will have reported it as a pitch invasion by your fans. Seeing as you have had ONE encounter with a league team and your fans couldn't stay off the pitch (a legal requirement as stated in the regulations you agree to when you buy a ticket) then the police have taken action to minimise this happening at our place.

About time you accept some f***ing responsibility for your fans actions and stop moaning like 7 year olds who moan about being told off for acting like spoilt little shits. Get over yourself mate, this is the REAL world of football and not the premiership circus your lot claim to have disowned!

Not moaning, if that is the case then fair enough, all I am asking is if it is the case then why has NEITHER club stated it as such.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
For pity's sake, I'm going to have to double-drop Valium before the game now just in case I'm tempted to twat some gobby FCUMer when he jumps up in the South Stand and shits himself as they pull it back to 8-1, and in the process get banned for life just as we're about to move into a proper stadium again.

same sadly

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
this is bollox , if we had been given just the 10% away to villa last season we would be making the same noises as the mancs are now , fuxake give them what they are entitled to at the very least , talk about making a rod for their own backs if this is on police advice then the police have scored a massive own goal , suprise suprise .

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Not moaning, if that is the case then fair enough, all I am asking is if it is the case then why has NEITHER club stated it as such.

Do you not think an amount of common sense would help some of your lot ffs, it's not exactly a difficult concept after all is it?

- highly publicised "anti" man u fans start a team up
- first time FCUM play a league team their fans invade the pitch
- second time they play a league team police advice to the team they are playing at is to restrict number of tickets to away fans and allocate them the away stand.

I don't think I can put it in an easier to understand manner, even my mrs gets this!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here