Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Train Juice

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This thread should inspire the next series of Great British Railway Journeys with Michael Portillo getting tanked up between Euston and the likes of Blackburn. I could readily imagine Mr Portillo tucking into a Wetherspoon's breakfast before burying pints of San Miguel.

"My Bradshaws Guide suggests that the Original Cornish Pasty Shop just across from Platform 7 at Euston is 'a wondrous sight to behold for the hungry fellow'. I'm going to wash my king-sized cheese & onion special down, as Bradshaw recommends, with a six pack of Marks & Spencer's lager, as all those Victorian gentlemen in their finery preferred to do. Chin chin!".

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
This thread should inspire the next series of Great British Railway Journeys with Michael Portillo getting tanked up between Euston and the likes of Blackburn. I could readily imagine Mr Portillo tucking into a Wetherspoon's breakfast before burying pints of San Miguel.

Presumably the episode would start with Portilo meeting the Laird at Worthing station to catch the 0542. The Laird then acting as his guide and historian for the day

Maybe he could come on the trip that includes the alcoholic secret santa?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
How would Portillo react when the home fans start singing, "We can see you holding hands?"
Perhaps Diane Abbott would be better at dealing with the local scrotes.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I tend to eat fruit for breakfast so the natural progression from that is fruit cider for the 8am out of London.

Hasn't quite been the same since Strongbow Jacques disappeared though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here