Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Train Juice

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't drink alcohol on trains. Even on match days. Mind you, I rarely drink but I do love a train journey that lasts a while, get a film on, get a brew out of the Thermos and a couple of thick cut sandwiches and it's as good a way to spend a few hours as any. Unless the trains are being dicks, then it's awful.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Hmmmm.

2 cans of death on the train.

Probably visit up to 6 pubs pre game.

Pint at half time.

A couple post game.

4 cans of Bow on the train back to London

Pint or 2 at Spoons at Victoria.

So just about within the new drinking guidelines

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The garage up the road from Ebbw Vale train station only sells Strongbow, they know their market.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I swear by 4 or more cans of Stella, depending on the length of the journey - perhaps unsurprisingly I always have trouble pacing myself on away trips

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
This thread should inspire the next series of Great British Railway Journeys with Michael Portillo getting tanked up between Euston and the likes of Blackburn. I could readily imagine Mr Portillo tucking into a Wetherspoon's breakfast before burying pints of San Miguel.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Following on from the spirit thread, on a train what is your preferred tipple?

For away games, on the morning train from London a couple of these cans of death are always a good pick me up;

View attachment 71631

On the way back, when generally I am struggling with reality these always do the trick;

View attachment 71632
Sorry, but the M+S G+T is filth in my opinion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here