Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favorite all time cricketers

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sussex, John Snow, Paul Parker,Tony Grieg,Chris Adams and Mustaq Ahmed

England, Geoffrey Boycott, David Gower,Ian Botham,Alan Knott and Darren Gough ( despite losing cred for Talksport)

ROW, Virinda Sehwag, Imran Khan, Adam Gilchrist, Murali and Malcolm Marshall.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Graham Alan Gooch
John Kenneth Lever
Derek Raymond Pringle
Keith William Robert Fletcher
Kenneth Scott McEwan

My heroes watching at Chelmsford c 1980

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Sir Isaac Vivian Alexander Richards - swaggersaurus rex.

Oct 25, 2003
sussex: mushtaq ahmed, dwayne smith, bas zuiderent, chris adams, rana naved ul-hasan

england: simon jones, graeme swann, kevin pietersen, graham thorpe, alec stewart

row: lasith malinga, curtley ambrose, shane warne, muttiah muralitharan, shahid afridi

FLAIR

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Any one, especially anyone English, old enough to have seem him play in his prime, particularly Headingly 1981 would probably agree. One of the most memorable sporting days of my life and I wasn't even there.

Absolutely me too, as a 10 year old my street friends really could not understand why I wouldn't come out to play 44 save all or something that weekend, but couldn't leave the tv. Don't think I was THAT strange. Still love Botham's forthright views as a commentator (and Boycott's too).

Always thought Graeme Smith and Glenn McGrath decent blokes and players with strong characters.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
John Snow, Imran Khan, Garth Le Roux, Paul Parker and Mushtaq Ahmed. Murray Goodwin at first reserve.

Would have been good to see some players of yesteryear such as CB Fry and Ranjitsinghi.

My favourite visiting player was Merv Hughes. Remember him from a tourist game at Hove when he snarled at the Sussex batsmen but also sledged a few of his own team mates too. Real character.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Should have added this pair to mine...

Viv and Joel had been out on the town and while wandering back to their team hotel they found themselves in need of a leak so the stopped and had one off the Sydney harbour bridge.

"Ah, shivered Viv, that's better mon but f*** me the waters cold!"
"Yeah mon, answered Joel , and it's deep too..."

Oct 2, 2008
Batsman : Viv Richards
Bowler : Dennis Lillee
All rounder : Gary Sobers / Ian Botham

Wish I had the privilege of watching Bradman in his prime (my Dad did and never stops banging on about it !).

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
Batsman : Viv Richards
Bowler : Dennis Lillee
All rounder : Gary Sobers / Ian Botham

Wish I had the privilege of watching Bradman in his prime (my Dad did and never stops banging on about it !).

ditto - would maybe add Clive Lloyd who i saw in 1975 WC Final - Denis Lillee played as well ( i think?)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Good thread! This is based on players I have seen live, unfortunately too young to see Botham and some of the others named.

Sussex: 1. Mushy 2. Chris Adams 3. Matt Prior 4. Kirtley 5. Luke Wright/RMJ

England: 1. Flintoff 2. Atherton 3. James Anderson 4. Gough 5. Thorpe/Alec Stewart

ROW: 1. Glenn Mcgrath 2. Shane Warne 3. Adam Gilchrist 4. Curtley Ambrose 5. Courtney Walsh/Wasim Akram

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here